“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

Omg this Emma is a cunt!! She’s obviously letting 15 seconds of fame get to her head! And now she wants money! Sorry bitch, but if the entire amount made from the video went to Madonna, it’s because Madonna worked on it and this is her art and she is rightfully entitled to her art’s profits!! Also, I know many will disagree with me but this isn’t about Emma!! The victims are the ones who got shot and killed! We cried our hearts out for them! Not for this apportinist scammer of a con!! 

5 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

The video doesn't have much replay value just alternating shots of her typing and dead bodies at a club.   

You frequently post dumb crap that borderlines trolling. After your suspension is over think before you post if you want to keep posting here.

I think in terms of public perception, this is a battle Madonna will ultimately win - at least if the like/dislike ratio on YouTube is any indication. 

And, honestly, I don’t see Madonna pulling another Evita/BS this late in her career just to soften her image and make it more palatable to the GP. And, tbh, nor would I want her to, even if dwindling numbers are the price to pay 

20 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Yes she deleted that specific tweet after a bunch of Madonna fans sent her screenshots from the video description disproving her. 

I send her that screenshot..🤭

Emma G is of the generation that demand "safe spaces" so for Madonna to broadcast imagery that directly confronts the issue is probably too much to handle, especially those with actual trauma. I sympathize with her experience, but wish she could see the forest through the trees and get the greater message and Madonna's positive impact on the issue.

Of course Madonna gets attacked for taking a stand and trying to promote change.  For taking on a cause.

Who else is stepping up?  I would like to know if an artist important to a younger generation made this exact same video, would they be praised?  Of course, we will never know that, because no artists take a stand for anything or exhibit any bravery as Madonna does and always has done.  They’ll do a halfhearted last tweet in this age when everyone does the same, and be praised as an ally for doing so.

There is an ageism at play, but it’s not just the magic number 60.  It’s that every generation wants to separate themselves, and it drives them crazy that the bravest, most revolutionary and innovative work of the moment is coming from a sixty year old, wealthy white woman.  Because that’s not how it’s supposed to work.  Well, too bad.  Madonna is showing you all how it’s done with a video miles above anything anyone else will put out this decade.

I honestly can’t remember a time in my life where I was ageist.  I have always had an awareness of and an interest in history and known who the important artists from bygone eras were.  People today think they can make blatant false statements and rewrite history.  Pathetic.

And I know it’s been said before, and I promise not to say it again on this forum, but I need to get it off my chest one last time 

Not a SINGLE pop star has stepped up to defend her. And yet these cowards are championed as human rights heroes far more often by far more people. 

Unbelievable. 

I think it’s important to listen to those who have directly been impacted by gun violence (just like we should all listen to those impacted by racism, sexual assault, transphobia, homophobia) but it does not seem she did her research before tweeting. There’s a clear disclaimer at the beginning of the video, links to organizations for gun reform, and a call for action with tweets, Instagram, and basically a press release. 
That’s my 2 cents.  

Edit: And I have to add and give props that Madonna is talking about this NOW. Not a day or a week after a mass shooting, where the Right always shuts down saying it’s “too soon”. Now. Is. The. Time. Especially with the democratic primary! Get all those politicians on record with their stances and what they will do to keep these massacres from happening over and over again. 
Now I’m done. Thank you Madonna. 

Guest eroticerotic
22 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Yes, and A LOT of people are over this outrage culture.

That sjw/outrage culture: no way anyone can survive with that mentality. They will eat each other up. Things will change. 

2 minutes ago, TXIII said:

but it does not seem she did her research before tweeting.

The funniest part is that she starts by saying she's been trying to put her thoughts into words for days. Yet couldn't take 8 minutes to watch the thing she's been trying to criticize during that time.

1 hour ago, boy skeffington said:

There is no win for Madonna here. The shit and hate come from all sides. It must be suffocating. I think her goal is just to tune it out and that’s wise. Even this Emma tweet, while so sadly misinformed, is noise - cue tmz story in 3,2,1. It’s attempt is to diminish and vilify Madonna. Sadly hate prevails in this world now. 

They’d all like to cancel the “rich privileged” pop star who didn’t self destruct, isn’t a drug addict or a victim and continues to fight for love, freedom, human rights.

Madonna is an easy target and really can’t defend herself without that being a target too. This era has helped me accept the hate she gets from everywhere and accept she will not be universally loved likely again until long after her death. 

She’s too powerful. The easy choice for Madonna would be to walk away, hide away. She very well may end up doing that and I can’t blame her. Directing films must be such an artistic escape for her. 

I swear as a man in his early 40s I feel hopelessly sandwiched between the generation above me which gives us straight white men in charge of everything (rage, oppression, hate, bigotry) and the generation below me so helplessly disconnected by their “connection” and ownership of everything that sucks the air of joy and freedom out of everything they touch. 

Perfectly stated.

9 minutes ago, TXIII said:

I think it’s important to listen to those who have directly been impacted by gun violence (just like we should all listen to those impacted by racism, sexual assault, transphobia, homophobia) but it does not seem she did her research before tweeting. There’s a clear disclaimer at the beginning of the video, links to organizations for gun reform, and a call for action with tweets, Instagram, and basically a press release. 
That’s my 2 cents.  

She’s not the only one but makes it out to be like she is! It’s like the world of gun issue revolves around her. She is not the fucking spokesperson of gun violence! With or without her, Madonna has the right to speak! I think the bitch is pressed that her voice isn’t as loud as Madonna’s! 

2 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Emma has a right not to like it but this was Madonna’s vision. As an artist you are not going to please everyone.

Madonna said she saw this girl as the future so, if I were m I would reach out to her and have a conversation since I’m going to assume they have the same intentions,  different approaches.

If everyone thought and did the same thing, we would drive ourselves to extinction peacefully.

Madonna owes nothing to this girl. And I’m sure her opinion won’t change Madonna’s idea of her.

11 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

wow I didn't M did that and was so deeply involved 

we need more of these people/groups/organizations to come forward to inform the uninformed about Madonna's true involvement in these causes 

10 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

The funniest part is that she starts by saying she's been trying to put her thoughts into words for days. Yet couldn't take 8 minutes to watch the thing she's been trying to criticize during that time.

Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

She’s not the only one but makes it out to be like she is! It’s like the world of gun issue revolves around her. She is not the fucking spokesperson of gun violence! With or without her, Madonna has the right to speak! I think the bitch is pressed that her voice isn’t as loud as Madonna’s! 

And agreed. 

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

wow I didn't M did that and was so deeply involved 

we need more of these people/groups/organizations to come forward to inform the uninformed about Madonna's true involvement in these causes 

I’d love it too but I think it’s likely Madonna requesting to remain anonymous with her giving/advocacy. She is well aware how polarizing she is and that she becomes the story and usually it’s negative. It also allows Madonna to be more free in her art by not having to be “mindful” of controversies relating to specific organizations. 

12 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

That's Gen Z for you.

2 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

She even say that artist are not allowed to speak of the problem.. 🙄

IMG_20190629_161211.jpg