“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

2 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I think you've lost the point I was making.  I was simply pointing out that I'm just surprised she didn't have more views since it was getting heavy media coverage. That's all!  I'm totally aware and have "accepted" that she isn't going to sell/stream like the younger acts.  I would have thought (love or hater her) with the media exposure she's been getting with this, she would have had more views by now.

No you’re right, I mostly went off on a tangent. I know what you meant. But I was just kind of thinking out loud as to why it may be this way.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
3 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

No you’re right, I mostly went off on a tangent. I know what you meant. But I was just kind of thinking out loud as to why it may be this way.

No prob. I was thinking out loud. Ha!  We all love her and I just thought a video like this would gain far more views being the subject content is quite controversial. Maybe it will grow over time?  But like @jamesshot, I've totally accepted that she's beyond scoring big hits, etc.  And I get it's pretty much an age factor because a handful of her past singles would have been huge hits if she was younger. 😉

The video has got loads of good press, both in print and TV, and she definitely got people talking about such an important topic, which is exactly the intention of the song/video. On top of that, we got a visually and aesthetically outstanding video, so it's a win win situation for M and us fans.

This era has been one hell of a ride, and a complete creative peak for our M, and I couldn't be happier as fan to still be witnessing all her brilliance. Madonna is Madonna and she will forever be right at the top with the greatest. Her work and achievements will never be erased.

More views would be nice! If she still got a hit here or there would be great too. But the main thing is that we don't let the competitiveness of stan culture get in the way of our enjoyment of M's work.

Guest jamesshot
1 minute ago, Amelia said:

No prob. I was thinking out loud. Ha!  We all love her and I just thought a video like this would gain far more views being the subject content is quite controversial. Maybe it will grow over time?  But like @jamesshot, I've totally accepted that she's beyond scoring big hits, etc.  And I get it's pretty much an age factor because a handful of her past singles would have been huge hits if she was younger. 😉

It is very possible and even likely this video will have legs and grow steadily. Sadly, any time there is a mass shooting, this video will likely be viewed a lot more. 

And here I thought the views were great by her standards. 

I don’t know if would have mattered or made a difference to released this before dropping the album. The people that were going to be excited about the album were probably the same, the fans! 

Anyways... if anything by releasing it now might help the album to be notice a bit more by the casual listener and help with its sales (or streaming)... If they didn’t know she had an album out, they now know!. Don’t know if I make any sense with  my English... 

I’m just happy to be part of another great era and enjoying the ride. 

AMAZING the video. 

I’m obsessed with the video, the album, the era. i’m trying to digest slowly with everything thats happening.  I don’t want this era to end. Enjoying the ride while it last. I want more! 

On 6/26/2019 at 5:39 PM, reQuiem4adream said:

One of her MVs from this album should win a Grammy’s award!

If category eligible they should throw her in for an Grammys, Emmy, MTV and world affiliates, MuchMusic, BB, IHeart , Webby and more! Her era visuals are amazing, opulent, and bars above most things out ( most bc I can’t claim to have  seen everything). 💯 !

5 hours ago, runa said:

I’m pretty sure the fact the video is 8 minutes long has an effect on the number of views...

what happens to longer attention span these days?

Guest jamesshot

This video is being seen by a cross section as one of the best of the year. It is making an impact, official views or not. This will continue to grow as more hear about it. 

7 hours ago, runa said:

I’m pretty sure the fact the video is 8 minutes long has an effect on the number of views...

yes, me too. And same with medellin and that first minute before the song starts

7 hours ago, runa said:

But you don't have to watch the whole thing to count as a view, do you?

And I don't watch other stars videos. I just can't be bothered. Sign of the times.

16 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

And I don't watch other stars videos. I just can't be bothered. Sign of the times.

30 seconds and it counts.

I'm pretty sure Taylor and Ariana fans are aware of this btw.

4 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

30 seconds and it counts.

I'm pretty sure Taylor and Ariana fans are aware of this btw.

Yeah I know it's 30 seconds. But my point is, let's say you watch it once but you're not the biggest Madonna fan. Are you going to watch it again? Not so sure about it. Or maybe yes. I don't know. 

I'm not sure if you are aware or not...but a whole new generation of younger people have been raving about this era...and about Madame X in general around the world on all social media....

They are slowly starting to discover the BRILLIANCE of QUEEN MADONNA's epic catalogue and are in awe........and the tide is starting to shift again......

in terms of MADONNA and us long time fans....she is GIVING US EVERTHANG we've been complaining about, begging/asking for ...for years!!!! everything.....you wanted video's? she's giving you 4 EPIC one's already...you wanted dance? she gave it to you...you wanted looks? she gave you that? fierceness? yes.....promotion? TONS! performances? yup. PR? on point.......social media focusing on her and her music again? YES! 

It's a INCREDIBLE time to be a fan.......so STOP BEING SO FUCKING NEGATIVE!!!!!! and enjoy it!

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Long videos with intros and pauses in the middle always are viewed less. See God Is a Woman or Havana music videos. Although thats usually in the long run but im sure some people are put off by the 9 minutes and wont even bother 

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

The video doesn't have much replay value just alternating shots of her typing and dead bodies at a club.   

What a halfwitted comment.

Guest eroticerotic

I think it was a well done video. Could have been a mini film , giving a few characters some backstory to make it that much more real

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Alright. Time for Interscope to recall Madame X and remove her from I Rise.

Her statement looks awkward and uninformed.

6 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Her statement looks awkward and uninformed.

I agree. I don't like it when people saying something sucks or something is horrible with no context.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
11 hours ago, jamesshot said:

This video is being seen by a cross section as one of the best of the year. It is making an impact, official views or not. This will continue to grow as more hear about it. 

Maybe that will be the case.  It's just such a stunning important video I think is well worth seeing.