7. I Don't Give A 

8. Best Friend/Heartbeat 

copenhagen21.jpg

6 hours ago, coco said:

This needs to be pinned somewhere tbh

A reminder of what we've been blessed with so far:

mx.jpg

dfgdgfgsgsdfgslkjlk :drama:

add Batuka and Faz Gostoso to the list (when they're out)

36 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

the television part of the media are not talking about it as much as they would be if Beyonce did the same. 

Thanks for bringing happiness to this thread by pointing that out!! :yowza:I mean, how could we not notice such an OBVIOUS thing OMG :shock:

Guest jamesshot
3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Thanks for bringing happiness to this thread by pointing that out!! :yowza:I mean, how could we not notice such an OBVIOUS thing OMG :shock:

What is your point? Did you go out of your way to get in a dig and for what reason? 

6 hours ago, MLVC82 said:

I'm sorry but the Difference between QUEEN MADONNA and the other "cult " figures you mention Bowie, Prince etc.....

is that QUEEN MADONNA is still selling......still on top of the charts......still relevant (have you seen how many young youtube fans react?...or how many young people on twitter are now starting to give her praise and see her true artistic merit?)

Bowie, Prince et all....were "Cult" status......but also declining in sales....and artistic output...sorry.....

MADONNA is in a (pardon the pun) LEAGUE OF HER OWN......

Um... Madonna is still alive? 

Guest jamesshot
8 minutes ago, bcx said:

Um... Madonna is still alive? 

I think the point was how she is a bit out of the mainstream now (for her new music) and those who have heard it, love it, but most haven't. At least, that is how I interpreted it.

16 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Far, far less backlash than I imagined. 

Which makes me wonder...

What if God Control had been the lead single?

Ppl would then think Madame X was COADF Part deux. Then they would get disappointed, bitch and moan about it non stop. You know how it goes with M fans. Half of them are still stuck in 1998. 

2 hours ago, Kilt said:

add Batuka and Faz Gostoso to the list (when they're out)

Again we don’t deserve her!

3 hours ago, Eltacubo said:

London Metro

5B0F9B12-F5F1-463F-A284-2421CF5F6456.jpeg

99B45229-1DBF-4A81-BF1A-2F01BAFC1ED7.jpeg

Very nice. Don’t see anything on Metro here. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 hours ago, jamesshot said:

Are we seriously all arguing about the right of others to be disappointed in the number of views from this masterpiece of a video? Same with sales/streaming- if you don't like how a poster feels about being disappointed just ignore them. Shit. We have this resurgence in her career and we all want as many as possible to be exposed. It's like some are looking for a fight all the time.

Question- how many mass shooting survivors/celebs commented on the video? 

It seems to me that the video is being well received but the television part of the media are not talking about it as much as they would be if Beyonce did the same. 

THANK YOU!!  It's weird how some took my comments and twisted as if I was a rabid fan who was being unrealistic or fixated on charts.  People need to read what is posted and not assume more than what was actually said. I stated I was disappointed it didn't have as much views within the nearly 24 hours time.  My thought it was a very important video to see.  Also, I had noticed that the media was reporting on it heavily.  I'm sorry, but yes I did expect it to have more views. This has NOTHING to do with competing or keeping up with younger popular artists.  My point was on the fact it was getting some major coverage in the media and I just thought there would more views. Is it the end of the world?  No!  Will my life go on? Yes!  It's kinda sad how some go after others for making a valid and constructive point.  There is no need to get vicious with some people for having an opinion that may go beyond what you care to think! 

Again thank you @jamesshot and @Voguerista 😉 !

13 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That Pulse survivor who criticized her video to TMZ has been deleting his past nasty tweets that bashed Madonna and other problematic  tweets that were unearthed and getting him dragged hard the past day.

Wow! And yeah, I'm sorry he experienced what he did, but there is no need for him to be so hateful and nasty towards Madonna.  The multiple nasty tweets really sum up who he is. Sounds like he's a real loose cannon. You'd think after such an experience, he'd be a much kinder person.  Then again, social media tends to bring out the worst in people.  Or maybe he was a nicer person before his experience and now said "fuck it", I'm just going to say and do what I want from this point on? 

3 minutes ago, promise to try said:

is the video still a trending for in any country?

Number 36 on Youtube in UK.

5 hours ago, jamesshot said:

the television part of the media are not talking about it as much as they would be if Beyonce did the same. 

They've talked about the video a lot here in MX, saying how it reached 1 mill views quickly, and about the video's message. US's obsession with Beyonce is nauseating, here I barely hear anything about her.

Guest jamesshot
1 hour ago, Amelia said:

THANK YOU!!  It's weird how some took my comments and twisted as if I was a rabid fan who was being unrealistic or fixated on charts.  People need to read what is posted and not assume more than what was actually said. I stated I was disappointed it didn't have as much views within the nearly 24 hours time.  My thought it was a very important video to see.  Also, I had noticed that the media was reporting on it heavily.  I'm sorry, but yes I did expect it to have more views. This has NOTHING to do with competing or keeping up with younger popular artists.  My point was on the fact it was getting some major coverage in the media and I just thought there would more views. Is it the end of the world?  No!  Will my life go on? Yes!  It's kinda sad how some go after others for making a valid and constructive point.  There is no need to get vicious with some people for having an opinion that may go beyond what you care to think! 

Again thank you @jamesshot and @Voguerista 😉 !

Pay them no mind. I think some feel comments like yours are an attempt to "rain on the parade" and that is a troll tactic but I didn't see what you said as being anything like that. I, too, was surprised the views weren't higher.It's a video that may not have a lot of replay value since it is disturbing for many.

11 minutes ago, Icykiller said:

They've talked about the video a lot here in MX, saying how it reached 1 mill views quickly, and about the video's message. US's obsession with Beyonce is nauseating, here I barely hear anything about her.

That is very good to hear!

@jamesshot @Amelia The views aren't higher because Madonna is not relevant like that anymore. I know, sounds reductive to just flatly claim that, but it's just the truth. I don't mean this to be derisive or mean regarding your desire to see Madonna go viral like that (who knows, the video may have legs). But I think some of us just need to accept that this is her career now. Someone else in another thread summed up Madonna's challenge perfectly. She is too old in age for the young kids to get into, but she is also making music that is too "youthful" and experimental for older generations to get into. There's not much of a place for her.

So for really provocative videos like this, people may have interest for a split second but it doesn't mean much when she's not Beyonce or Ariana Grande. She got the much welcomed positive press from the video, and she took a big risk putting it out. I know that's not enough for some. But after MDNA and Rebel Heart semi bellyflopped and the RH tour sold barely half of the MDNA Tour, I think we should have all been prepared for this new phase. It's weird when I see ppl in other threads pleading for Madonna to collaborate with Ariana Grande or some other young star. I mean... she has done that, time and time again. Every album since Confessions has featured some version of that, and each album has done worse than the last . Maluma is a massively popular artist in the Americas. Look how far it got her? 

Madonna's more Bowie/Prince than Bruce Springsteen or Whitney Houston. That's just where she is now. Let's all take pride in that. 

3 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Ppl would then think Madame X was COADF Part deux. Then they would get disappointed, bitch and moan about it non stop. You know how it goes with M fans. Half of them are still stuck in 1998. 

No 

people would have been more excited about yhe album

1 minute ago, Starman said:

No 

people would have been more excited about yhe album

I do agree it was a big mistake to not release the song before the album came out. But I'm not sure it would have mattered. She just put out a really stunning video that has just as much replay value as Hung Up and it's still just kinda plodding along.

I really do think Madonna's name still means something to virtually anyone you talk to (so her relevance is sort of permanent in that sense), but when it comes to current output - she's facing the same challenge Prince and Bowie did. She can make the most innovative, interesting pop music and ppl will still feel like "oh, she's still making music?" 

Ppl didn't care when Prince or Bowie released albums after they had turned 50-60 years old - they're starting to not care with Madonna either. I know I keep bringing them up, but it's the easiest example. And it's not necessarily bad. 

15 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

@jamesshot @Amelia The views aren't higher because Madonna is not relevant like that anymore. I know, sounds reductive to just flatly claim that, but it's just the truth. I don't mean this to be derisive or mean regarding your desire to see Madonna go viral like that (who knows, the video may have legs). But I think some of us just need to accept that this is her career now. Someone else in another thread summed up Madonna's challenge perfectly. She is too old in age for the young kids to get into, but she is also making music that is too "youthful" and experimental for older generations to get into. There's not much of a place for her.

So for really provocative videos like this, people may have interest for a split second but it doesn't mean much when she's not Beyonce or Ariana Grande. She got the much welcomed positive press from the video, and she took a big risk putting it out. I know that's not enough for some. But after MDNA and Rebel Heart semi bellyflopped and the RH tour sold barely half of the MDNA Tour, I think we should have all been prepared for this new phase. It's weird when I see ppl in other threads pleading for Madonna to collaborate with Ariana Grande or some other young star. I mean... she has done that, time and time again. Every album since Confessions has featured some version of that, and each album has done worse than the last . Maluma is a massively popular artist in the Americas. Look how far it got her? 

Madonna's more Bowie/Prince than Bruce Springsteen or Whitney Houston. That's just where she is now. Let's all take pride in that. 

I think you've lost the point I was making.  I was simply pointing out that I'm just surprised she didn't have more views since it was getting heavy media coverage. That's all!  I'm totally aware and have "accepted" that she isn't going to sell/stream like the younger acts.  I would have thought (love or hater her) with the media exposure she's been getting with this, she would have had more views by now.

Guest jamesshot
22 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yeah, I accepted long ago her days of hits and all were over. I understand how disappointed others get when something like the GC vid isn't higher in views, like BIM was. She doesn't need to be successful for me to enjoy her. 

Then again, I would never count her out. 🙂