“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

39 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

+1

Madonna is closer to David Bowie than MARIAH or CELINE in every possible way.

Plant that fact in your head so that you can stop grieving foolishly (and dragging other fans to share your sorrow too) over low views, low streaming numbers, low sales, low airplay, receiving no acclaims from corrupted critics, no awards (Bowie won just ONE FUCKING GRAMMY), I wish I could fucking slap everyone here so that you wake the fuck up to accept her cult status now. 

🤣 this is brill! 🙌

52 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

+1

Plant that fact in your head so that you can stop grieving foolishly (and dragging other fans to share your sorrow too) over low views, low streaming numbers, low sales, low airplay, receiving no acclaims from corrupted critics, no awards (Bowie won just ONE FUCKING GRAMMY), I wish I could fucking slap everyone here so that you wake the fuck up to accept her cult status now. 

❤️

11 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:

Cult status is like legendary status right ? Or what it means ? :x lol

It can mean legendary, yes. They're not mutually exclusive. But to have cult status means that a large chunk of the population is aware of you, but only a portion of that population understands your work. Prince became a cult figure in the latter half of his career. David Bowie was pretty much a cult figure throughout his entire career. They're both legends. Cult movies, like The Shining or Suspiria are deemed so because of their uniqueness and innovative style, though movies like that have plenty of detractors. All of this could easily describe Madonna in 2019. 

Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey Whitney Houston, are great examples of icons (well, in the case of Mariah, more like second tier icon) who are not cult-like at all. Their music is too safe and simple for that -it appeals to any and everyone. Madonna is far more of a David Bowie or Prince than she is a Michael Jackson. Though it wasn't always that way. In 1991 you could say she was more Michael Jackson status than Bowie. But Erotica/SEX changed all that permanently (and she's better off for it, btw). 

35 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

+1

This needs to be pinned somewhere tbh

A reminder of what we've been blessed with so far:

mx.jpg

dfgdgfgsgsdfgslkjlk :drama:

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

+1

I believe nowadays Madonna gets much more views, streaming numbers, sales, airplay, acclaims and awards than Mimi and Celine, but I get your point. Madge managed to cross artistic with popular untill recently. Nowadays she seems more fearless in her work. 

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

+1

Wow, groundbreaking thought. As if. You know, some of us enjoy what we saw from Madonna a lot, without any need to be lectured by a member whom consistently and very aggressively wants to force her despotic opinion on everyone here. We are not all robots, acting the same way, programmed the same way - maybe plant that fact in your head, thank you very much.

16 minutes ago, elijah said:

Nowadays she seems more fearless in her work. 

Truthfully though, I think we've experienced moments of regression.

Who would have thought, that the woman who put out
Bedtime Story and Human Nature back to back, as singles,
would evolve into an artist that one day would release stuff
like Turn Up The Radio...But I'm here 4 it all. All the more fascinating, I say.
I'm not down Bowies Let's Dance Era either, being the massive fan that I am.

And on a personal note...there must b a reason why i've been drawn
to Bowie, Prince & M since childhood.

A child senses these things. :fag: & My momma never lied 2 me.

13 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

Wow, groundbreaking thought. As if. You know, some of us enjoy what we saw from Madonna a lot, without any need to be lectured by a member whom consistently and very aggressively wants to force her despotic opinion on everyone here. We are not all robots, acting the same way, programmed the same way - maybe plant that fact in your head, thank you very much.

I am a bitch and many love me 🤗

30 minutes ago, elijah said:

I believe nowadays Madonna gets much more views, streaming numbers, sales, airplay, acclaims and awards than Mimi and Celine

In a matter of days, Madonna will have more YouTube subscribers than Celine! 3.1M and growing :wow:

33 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

In a matter of days, Madonna will have more YouTube subscribers than Celine! 3.1M and growing :wow:

Hopefully that won’t make family thanksgiving too awkward 

I'm sorry but the Difference between QUEEN MADONNA and the other "cult " figures you mention Bowie, Prince etc.....

is that QUEEN MADONNA is still selling......still on top of the charts......still relevant (have you seen how many young youtube fans react?...or how many young people on twitter are now starting to give her praise and see her true artistic merit?)

Bowie, Prince et all....were "Cult" status......but also declining in sales....and artistic output...sorry.....

MADONNA is in a (pardon the pun) LEAGUE OF HER OWN......

6 hours ago, MLVC82 said:

I'm sorry but the Difference between QUEEN MADONNA and the other "cult " figures you mention Bowie, Prince etc.....

is that QUEEN MADONNA is still selling......still on top of the charts......still relevant (have you seen how many young youtube fans react?...or how many young people on twitter are now starting to give her praise and see her true artistic merit?)

Bowie, Prince et all....were "Cult" status......but also declining in sales....and artistic output...sorry.....

MADONNA is in a (pardon the pun) LEAGUE OF HER OWN......

Bowie definitely had a few renaissances like Madonna.
And sorry but HC through Rebel Heart (roughly ten years) is not gonna
win her any prizes in her retrospective biography for artistic relevancy.

Nor will I say that ‘Musicology’ was a return to form 4 Prince cuz it sold relatively well.

The zeitgeist, the sex, the fashion, the commerce and the politics…it all came together 4 them.

But it’s always gonna b about their respective classic periods in the end.
The rest will b picked up by the die hards.

3 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

It can mean legendary, yes. They're not mutually exclusive. But to have cult status means that a large chunk of the population is aware of you, but only a portion of that population understands your work. Prince became a cult figure in the latter half of his career. David Bowie was pretty much a cult figure throughout his entire career. They're both legends. Cult movies, like The Shining or Suspiria are deemed so because of their uniqueness and innovative style, though movies like that have plenty of detractors. All of this could easily describe Madonna in 2019. 

Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey Whitney Houston, are great examples of icons (well, in the case of Mariah, more like second tier icon) who are not cult-like at all. Their music is too safe and simple for that -it appeals to any and everyone. Madonna is far more of a David Bowie or Prince than she is a Michael Jackson. Though it wasn't always that way. In 1991 you could say she was more Michael Jackson status than Bowie. But Erotica/SEX changed all that permanently (and she's better off for it, btw). 

The change began during LAP era

47 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Silly question but why God Control video doesn’t have Vevo logo like others videos from Madame X era?

VEVO banned it

4 hours ago, coco said:

This needs to be pinned somewhere tbh

A reminder of what we've been blessed with so far:

mx.jpg

dfgdgfgsgsdfgslkjlk :drama:

Beautiful, profound, love, fun, sad, happiness, injustice, unneeded and wrongful suffering, dance, art all in one! 

7 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I won't even bother to wholly read your post, just knowing the shit first sentence is enough. I deleted the rest of it by not even looking. Fans who report things like these to us, are actually worse than haters who wrote those negative comments. Don't fucking rain on our parade. 

I don't see what @Voguerock wrote that is so bad. Geez you need to cool it a little on fans. This is a really great poster for what I've seen and she/he has never rained on or hurt anyone. 

Adding: and I and other fans will be sad on the views and comments at you tube etc if we want. And we'll talk and vocalize if and when we want too. You aren't going to shut us up (as Madonna would never support people doing this to others. It's part of who she is). So lay off. 

Guest jamesshot

Are we seriously all arguing about the right of others to be disappointed in the number of views from this masterpiece of a video? Same with sales/streaming- if you don't like how a poster feels about being disappointed just ignore them. Shit. We have this resurgence in her career and we all want as many as possible to be exposed. It's like some are looking for a fight all the time.

Question- how many mass shooting survivors/celebs commented on the video? 

It seems to me that the video is being well received but the television part of the media are not talking about it as much as they would be if Beyonce did the same. 

6 hours ago, JWAD said:

Doors anyone know of it's getting a single cover? All the other singles have been pulled from streaming and now just included on the album as a track. 

Um, we don't even know if God Control is a single. We assume it is but who knows. It could be a Dark Ballet situation.