“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

1 hour ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Far, far less backlash than I imagined. 

Which makes me wonder...

What if God Control had been the lead single?

I would have loved it to had been the first single but on the other hand, I don't think it represents the album well. People would have expected Confessions Part 2 and complained when they heard the album.

17 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I would have loved it to had been the first single but on the other hand, I don't think it represents the album well. People would have expected Confessions Part 2 and complained when they heard the album.

Agreed! The order of the singles have been perfect for once! (since Confessions) Absolutely brilliant representation of the album.

15 hours ago, Shaun said:

No other pop star would dare in today’s cancel culture. This video just reiterates Madonna’s place as our most culturally-significant entertainer. She is creating a much-needed conversation about gun legislation under the guise of pop music. She makes people think. She makes people debate. She could rest on her laurels, head to Vegas, perform her beloved hits, and record a covers album. Instead, in the fourth decade of her illustrious career, she serves us a visual feast like God Control on a platter. She releases an album so forward-thinking and experimental that even the most seasoned critics are left to catch their collective breath. She takes the road less traveled by. And thank God for it. What would we do without her? So next time you feel like bitching about an outfit, grills, or a collab you’re not feeling, take pause and appreciate that the most important star in our history is still here, creating, evolving, shaking things up, and expressing herself in new ways. God Control is an example of a pop goddess in her prime...long after her “prime.”

Stone cold TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, TRVC said:

Agreed! The order of the singles have been perfect for once! (since Confessions) Absolutely brilliant representation of the album.

I LOVE your GIF of M from the video! You should post it on social media. It's perfect.

Reply with it to this Radio post about the song.

2 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I LOVE your GIF of M from the video! You should post it on social media. It's perfect.

Reply with it to this Radio post about the song.

Great idea!!! This is probably one of my fav Madonna videos of all time. I will share the shit out of it!

The lyrics of this song are among the strongest in her career... the flow of the song really kind of orbits around the power of the words. Every part of the song is tailored and constructed to be super catchy and quotable. I'm astonished at the level of songwriting talent in Madonna sometimes. I think it's been so long since I've heard these kind of raw instincts from her because she's been mired in other producers CRAP for so many years. This album is such a colossal achievement - I am so glad the videos are getting similar treatment. A really incredible time in Madonna's career for me, tbh. 

8 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

This is the journalist from the guardian whose review focused on her age and he got called out for it by other journalists.

Trying to make the bed perhaps? Still, don't be a dick hole and talk about her age like it's a negative thing. 

5 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

I hate this reaction videos. Who cares what made up face you do? It's just another consequence of the social media ego game.

AND steals views form the original video, cause people already are watching it in this video of some nobody! Ugh

Agree totally. Can't see the point in them at all. 

8 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Agree totally. Can't see the point in them at all. 

A lot of them are doing it for $. Some of those reaction videos go viral getting hundreds of thousands of views and gets them a bunch of new subscribers. Early on it was mostly loons and casual fans doing these videos for fun but now I see many people who obviously had no previous interest in Madonna at all and even those who downright hate her doing these reaction videos. Madonna is an easy target.

That Pulse survivor who criticized her video to TMZ has been deleting his past nasty tweets that bashed Madonna and other problematic  tweets that were unearthed and getting him dragged hard the past day.

29 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

That Pulse survivor who criticized her video to TMZ has been deleting his past nasty tweets that bashed Madonna and other problematic  tweets that were unearthed and getting him dragged hard the past day.

I’m glad you took a screenshot. No easy way out for haters. #neverforget 

Wow nearly at 2m and getting lots of attention. Its a very well produced video, very impressive they spent a lot of time  and attention to detail on it...many notable moments for one video

36 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I forwarded one of his Madonna hating tweets to TMZ whilst passing comment on their news report but I have noticed he's deleted his tweet now 

3 hours ago, Voguerock said:

Not on her YouTube.. Sort comments to "newest first". I can't believe how much hate she received for such piece of art. Geez people are evil. I mean if they don't have something nice to say then say nothing at all.. *sigh 

I've only seen really positive comments on her Youtube- casually scrolling through it past couple days.

Besides the incredible narrative and message...on a more superficial level, I'm just astounded at the level of production design on this one. They really spared no expense and paid attention to every detail. All the elements come together so beautifully (in something so horrifying). That lighting in the club (OMG), the way it hits those costumes, the choreography and staging...in contrast to the apartment writing scenes. The two distinct looks for her...not to mention the impeccable editing on this one. And of course the backwards narrative...the first gun shot striking up the beginning of the song shows the shooter blowing his own brains out... The whole thing is a goddamn work of art.

And to think that some thought her video 'game' was kind of over years ago...and then she hits us with one of her very best - ever - nearly 4 decades in... 

fuck.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:31 PM, juliebean said:

once in a while when she first started singing i liked some songs but then she started singing pop and all of her songs are horrible. Madonna sings great songs and released great videos i'm so proud of Madonna for spreading this message. I was watching the debate tonight and they were talking about gun violence and what a national crisis it is today.

I wonder if Madonna purposely released "God Control" today or it's just a coincidence.

I believe coincidence but if the music video gets people talking or riled up then more power to her!

4 hours ago, Voguerock said:

Not on her YouTube.

I won't even bother to wholly read your post, just knowing the shit first sentence is enough. I deleted the rest of it by not even looking. Fans who report things like these to us, are actually worse than haters who wrote those negative comments. Don't fucking rain on our parade. 

8 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

The sooner we all accept that Madonna's become a pretty subversive figure in pop culture, almost cult-like in status. . .

+1

Madonna is closer to David Bowie than MARIAH or CELINE in every possible way.

Plant that fact in your head so that you can stop grieving foolishly (and dragging other fans to share your sorrow too) over low views, low streaming numbers, low sales, low airplay, receiving no acclaims from corrupted critics, no awards (Bowie won just ONE FUCKING GRAMMY), I wish I could fucking slap everyone here so that you wake the fuck up to accept her cult status now. 

24 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

+1

Madonna is closer to David Bowie than MARIAH or CELINE in every possible way.

Plant that fact in your head so that you can stop grieving foolishly (and dragging other fans to share your sorrow too) over low views, low streaming numbers, low sales, low airplay, receiving no acclaims from corrupted critics, no awards (Bowie won just ONE FUCKING GRAMMY), I wish I could fucking slap everyone here so that you wake the fuck up to accept her cult status now. 

100% :brenspin:

Re. Bowie: that single Grammy he was awarded during his lifetime wasn’t even for his music!! 

Doors anyone know of it's getting a single cover? All the other singles have been pulled from streaming and now just included on the album as a track.