“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

3 hours ago, Samo said:

I love the video but her hypocrisy is pretty crazy

Her guards are ARMED, she used to kill pigeons for sport with GUNS while married to Guy Ritchie in the early 2000s, she has glamorized guns, as well as almost every rapper that she's worked with, herself many times.  Revolver... Gang Bang....

She has a photo of Angela Davis on her wall, Davis was part of the old school Black Panthers and was armed all the time, even shooting at people in a courtroom...

Really? Gun Control  ( the legislation desired ) is not about BAN guns to everyone is about having the correct law and process in places so the correct and trained people are the only one with guns ..    her guards will always going to be armed !! they are profesionals and  that's their work. .....   and so and so and so .. 

semi automatic guns dont belong to ordinary people .... That's is part of the TALK that the USA Congress have to TALK and WALK 

everybody is entittle to their opinion but please ... read and get informed  before write these kind of comments ! 

2 minutes ago, Mario24 said:

Really? Gun Control  ( the legislation desired ) is not about BAN guns to everyone is about having the correct law and process in places so the correct and trained people are the only one with guns ..    her guards will always going to be armed !! they are profesionals and  that's their work. .....   and so and so and so .. 

semi automatic guns dont belong to ordinary people .... That's is part of the TALK that the USA Congress have to TALK and WALK 

everybody is entittle to their opinion but please ... read and get informed  before write these kind of comments ! 

I think Samo was flushed earlier.

Some people take all the greatness, energy, and fun of fandom and try to flush it. 😔 

Madame❌Masterpiece

Please 👑 M keep the music, visuals and social commentary coming....

This video gives me that “Madonna rush” feeling that nothing else can compare to.  I can’t believe the brilliance of this video and her astounding beauty.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Nope, and they will never do because they feel threatened and they secretly want Madonna to go away. The only pop princess who truly loves and admires Madonna is Ariana Grande. 

and Miley?

14 minutes ago, runa said:

Buy a car, get a GUN, a * and an AMERICAN FLAG....................... :doh:

519aaf02-6fbd-45ff-8702-2074970d4f81_JDX

https://mynbc15.com/news/local/alabama-car-dealership-offers-customers-gun-*-and-flag-to-celebrate-july-4th

Alabama. Surprise, surprise. 

This music video has moved me so much. I still need to take it all in. 

1 minute ago, TXIII said:

Alabama. Surprise, surprise. 

This music video has moved me so much. I still need to take it all in. 

Alabama is like the joke of the US and it's like they aren't even aware of it. Historically, they've had to be pulled into "the future" kicking and screaming every single time, in every single "progressive" situation. 

19 hours ago, Barbie said:

I LOVE THE VIDEO! IT'S PERFECT.

The only part I would remove is the part where she gets mugged lol. It felt out of place and random. A perfect video otherwise. It's EVERYTHING! Another stunning visual from the QUEEN.

Don’t make me mug you Barb. 

4 hours ago, acko said:

Are u trolling? Like seriously, do u wanna pay her a compliment, which is optional of course, or r u just talking out of ur ass? R u talking about gun control here or something as superficial as an eye patch?

Like What?

Exactly my thoughts!! 

1 hour ago, Mario24 said:

You can’t fix stupid. Glad he was flushed. Apperantly some people don’t understand the phrase “gun control”, even after Madonna has explained it many times, such as the fact that it’s unthincable that anyone over 18 can just walk in Walmart and walk out with a fully loaded gun! 

17 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

You guys really need to not be posting anything from TMZ.

Agreed, guys let’s keep that funk junk way back at the end of the trunk. 

32 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

:shock:

It totally is though!

And obviously we can't forget about the staunch support for molester and rapist Roy Moore just 1 1/2 yrs ago......he did NOT win the election fortunately but the fact that he was even in the running to begin with is telling in itself. 

Alabama is that rotten toothed, toothpick thin cousin at the family reunion that everyone tries to stay away from but will reluctantly smile and attempt to converse with if confronted. 

Wow. Simply wow. 

This is incredible. The editing, the texts, the quote, the realism, the protest footage. It really does pack a punch every second is beautiful there really isn't any time wasted. You can really feel her frustration, her anger and her deep emotional plea throughout. It isn't nasty in its graphics either, it's actually very subliminal the actual gunshot scenes. 

I love her typing at her typewriter throughout like she is narrating the story as she ponders the state of humanity. It doesn't feel preachy like the secret project did, as gorgeous as it was, this simply feels like an artist who really does care about the insane state of gun violence in America. 

The song is brilliantly cut and edited into the footage as well. I can understand why it's taken the time it has to finish. For me it stands up as one of her best videos to date and in the midst of all pop videos we get normally this is a statement of epic proportions.

I can see it's trending and being talked about and that matters. I think it paints her perspective of gun crime beautifully without ego and without feeling like she's doing any of it to sell the song or even her....I'm just playing devils advocate when I say that as we know people attack her for being self indulgent. 

10/10 Madonna I am simply utterly impressed with this. In one simple word the video is sublime. And for all the right reasons. 

Gun Control Now. ✌🏽 

31 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I think this was inspired by one of my favourite movies

Irreversible :wow:

media.jpg

This movie was disgusting!! LOL! 

I understood it's artistic merits but it is definitely a one time view. Seeing a woman get raped in the ass and then kicked in the face and head pounded into the ground for 12 minutes doesn't seem enjoyable to me. Haha

Also a lot of movies go backwards so hopefully she wasn't inspired by this yucky movie

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

No other pop star would dare in today’s cancel culture. This video just reiterates Madonna’s place as our most culturally-significant entertainer. She is creating a much-needed conversation about gun legislation under the guise of pop music. She makes people think. She makes people debate. She could rest on her laurels, head to Vegas, perform her beloved hits, and record a covers album. Instead, in the fourth decade of her illustrious career, she serves us a visual feast like God Control on a platter. She releases an album so forward-thinking and experimental that even the most seasoned critics are left to catch their collective breath. She takes the road less traveled by. And thank God for it. What would we do without her? So next time you feel like bitching about an outfit, grills, or a collab you’re not feeling, take pause and appreciate that the most important star in our history is still here, creating, evolving, shaking things up, and expressing herself in new ways. God Control is an example of a pop goddess in her prime...long after her “prime.”

Amen!!

I swear if I have to read one more complaint about MDNA Skin .....

And Madonna is so not done in Europe, lol, pretty bold statement. She just goes through cyclical phases of graded appreciation. That doesn't mean anyone is done anywhere. She has a ginormous European fanbase

10 minutes ago, TRVC said:

This movie was disgusting!! LOL! 

I understood it's artistic merits but it is definitely a one time view. Seeing a woman get raped in the ass and then kicked in the face and head pounded into the ground for 12 minutes doesn't seem enjoyable to me. Haha

Also a lot of movies go backwards so hopefully she wasn't inspired by this yucky movie

I didn't say I enjoyed it you ass

it's message is powerful though and I love Monica Bellucci

not every movie has to be Avengers ...

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

No other pop star would dare in today’s cancel culture. This video just reiterates Madonna’s place as our most culturally-significant entertainer. She is creating a much-needed conversation about gun legislation under the guise of pop music. She makes people think. She makes people debate. She could rest on her laurels, head to Vegas, perform her beloved hits, and record a covers album. Instead, in the fourth decade of her illustrious career, she serves us a visual feast like God Control on a platter. She releases an album so forward-thinking and experimental that even the most seasoned critics are left to catch their collective breath. She takes the road less traveled by. And thank God for it. What would we do without her? So next time you feel like bitching about an outfit, grills, or a collab you’re not feeling, take pause and appreciate that the most important star in our history is still here, creating, evolving, shaking things up, and expressing herself in new ways. God Control is an example of a pop goddess in her prime...long after her “prime.”

BRAVO!!!