“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

41 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I think Samo is entitled to his opinion. Madonnas message is about expressing yourself, after all. Shutting him down is like the people who try to shut down M. I was quite moved by the video because as much as I wan  to love this era, the title, the styling, the eyepatch, the concept and the songs have under whelmed me. But this was amazing - really felt like the essence of Madonna and what I love about her. I wish her management had had the guts to lead with this and I wish shed kept more with the two looks in the video than the eyepatch. That said, I think its ok to discuss madonnas body guards being armed, her last husbands use of violence in his work - and I do love the video, but I also somehow feel a bit uncomfortable about the fact it seems to use glamour to condemn shooting. The way its done feels like a glamorous really exiting movie. But that's what artists are there for and I think its great she's done this. Wish she would do a whole album of disco inspired songs with provocative videos!

I thought, for a second, you might need help about our good friend @Samo :

TRY THIS

Guest jamesshot
1 hour ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

THANK YOU.

I am a very proud American - I do not apologize for my own pride in my (very imperfect) country. But right now, I have many reasons to be embarrassed. More Americans need to hear language like this from Europeans and the rest of our allies. Our country is going through a painful "death by a thousand cuts" government lead by the orange turd with Alzheimers (Trump), and the guns issue seems more stark now than it ever has. Some people in the USA seem to think this is a civilized way of living. People like @Samo give them latitude to spew their poison with his ludicrous and fallacious arguments. 

You really do make great political arguments. Have you considered being a pundit on MSNBC or CNN? You make better points than 99% of the current class of pundits.

On another note- I could not sleep last night. Because of my profession and I had a teacher friend who worked in the school next door to the Santa Fe, Tx high school shooting, this must have affected me in ways I didn't expect. I can't get the words "Wake up, wake up, wake up" out of my head. 

Very proud of her.

Guest jamesshot

On the official youtube it may be at just over a million but what about other views such as reaction vids and IG? 

As someone who was at Pulse the night of the mass shooting (I had left before the shooting) but so many in my community were effected and I know a lot of people who lost people I was worried about watching a mass shooting in a disco video but I am absolutely blown away. It was uncomfortable to watch for sure but good art is supposed to make you uncomfortable. This is definitely getting a lot of attention in Orlando where we're so vigilant. Thank you Madonna and Jonas for such a profound masterpiece.  

1 hour ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I think Samo is entitled to his opinion. Madonnas message is about expressing yourself, after all. Shutting him down is like the people who try to shut down M. I was quite moved by the video because as much as I wan  to love this era, the title, the styling, the eyepatch, the concept and the songs have under whelmed me. But this was amazing - really felt like the essence of Madonna and what I love about her. I wish her management had had the guts to lead with this and I wish shed kept more with the two looks in the video than the eyepatch. That said, I think its ok to discuss madonnas body guards being armed, her last husbands use of violence in his work - and I do love the video, but I also somehow feel a bit uncomfortable about the fact it seems to use glamour to condemn shooting. The way its done feels like a glamorous really exiting movie. But that's what artists are there for and I think its great she's done this. Wish she would do a whole album of disco inspired songs with provocative videos!

No

When an opinion not only is not groundend but insults another person, people aren't "entitled to their opinion". This is why social media nowadays is hell, because people think that everybody saying nonsense is "entitled to their opinion". 

27 minutes ago, Yang said:

Basically current Europe doesn't deserve her. I hope she will reach to South America and Asia more often

We deserve her, thank you very much. Not that she's extensively touring here, btw. Not a single concert in Spain, for example. And yet, she's trending here. 

I just want to add I’m really enjoying this moment in this #MadameX era . The god control video is having the opposite effect of backlash and all I’m reading is positivity and real praise and claim for her bravery . It’s made me even more proud to be her fan and the comments are coming from unusual people and sections it’s been really nice .So maybe it will do nothing for the single or zero sales for the album but I’m enjoying this moment for what it is . 

Bravo M , AGAIN

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

We deserve her, thank you very much. 

Yes,  every continent deserves Madonna.   Madonna has always been and will always be a global artist.  She has a fan base in every area and her team should be going out of their way to make sure she is promoted and nurtured in every market.    Her global reach has always been incredible and never should be neglected. 

5 hours ago, acko said:

On a shallow note, I totally want 2 c her as the pimp character 4 a series or something.
It works 4 her.

Madame X could be a netflix series, where the typist creates a story every episode and M
plays all those different women every installment..u know like actual relevant stories.

The Nun

The Teacher

The Whore

etc...

@GUY OSEARY CALL ME.

YES...

Ps. marry me!

No other pop star would dare in today’s cancel culture. This video just reiterates Madonna’s place as our most culturally-significant entertainer. She is creating a much-needed conversation about gun legislation under the guise of pop music. She makes people think. She makes people debate. She could rest on her laurels, head to Vegas, perform her beloved hits, and record a covers album. Instead, in the fourth decade of her illustrious career, she serves us a visual feast like God Control on a platter. She releases an album so forward-thinking and experimental that even the most seasoned critics are left to catch their collective breath. She takes the road less traveled by. And thank God for it. What would we do without her? So next time you feel like bitching about an outfit, grills, or a collab you’re not feeling, take pause and appreciate that the most important star in our history is still here, creating, evolving, shaking things up, and expressing herself in new ways. God Control is an example of a pop goddess in her prime...long after her “prime.”

8 minutes ago, Shaun said:

No other pop star would dare in today’s cancel culture. This video just reiterates Madonna’s place as our most culturally-significant entertainer. She is creating a much-needed conversation about gun legislation under the guise of pop music. She makes people think. She makes people debate. She could rest on her laurels, head to Vegas, perform her beloved hits, and record a covers album. Instead, in the fourth decade of her illustrious career, she serves us a visual feast like God Control on a platter. She releases an album so forward-thinking and experimental that even the most seasoned critics are left to catch their collective breath. She takes the road less traveled by. And thank God for it. What would we do without her? So next time you feel like bitching about an outfit, grills, or a collab you’re not feeling, take pause and appreciate that the most important star in our history is still here, creating, evolving, shaking things up, and expressing herself in new ways. God Control is an example of a pop goddess in her prime...long after her “prime.”

🙇‍♂️ 👏

14 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Totally agreed, if they took the "Madonna route", they can kissed their airplay goodbye... they can't take criticism like the Queen can.... 

1 minute ago, jamesshot said:

Have any other pop stars ( or stars in general) commented on this yet?

Nope, and they will never do because they feel threatened and they secretly want Madonna to go away. The only pop princess who truly loves and admires Madonna is Ariana Grande. 

Guest jamesshot
2 minutes ago, lasky said:

Totally agreed, if they took the "Madonna route", they can kissed their airplay goodbye... they can't take criticism like the Queen can.... 

Not many can take the Madonna route. None of them would be able to take the assaults Madonna has.

Guest jamesshot
2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Nope, and they will never do because they feel threatened and they secretly want Madonna to go away. The only pop princess who truly loves and admires Madonna is Ariana Grande. 

I think you're correct. She is so effective and she makes them look reductive.

1 minute ago, jamesshot said:

Not many can take the Madonna route. None of them would be able to take the assaults Madonna has.

Yes, that's correct.... that's y she's the strawberry cream of the crop! 🙂 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I always thought her love for M real, she's a genuine fan. I also think Miley is too, we'll wait and see if she posts anything.

Your Katy, Beyonce, Timberlakes etc have never really supported her and on this particular topic they are waaaay to safe of players to indorse this.

Guest jamesshot
2 minutes ago, lasky said:

Yes, that's correct.... that's y she's the strawberry cream of the crop! 🙂 

She shows them how a true artist risks so much. Who could survive the vicious attacks she has and triumphed despite it? None. They depend on getting their ass's kissed.

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

4 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

Karbatal,  I do think a lot of the current pop girls love Madonna.  So many just don't give opinions anymore on deemed "controversial subjects"  because of the nature of social media etc.  Not defending them but just what I think happens.   Katy Perry for example was ridiculed no end for her anti Trump sentiments and she is now very quiet and gives no proper views.  Just an example.  Madonna has always spoke up and had to cope with the wrath of the media since the 80's.   Why she really stands out from the rest and in a wonderful brave way. .  I do think though that many female singers love and admire Madonna. 

Guest jamesshot
3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Karbatal,  I do think a lot of the current pop girls love Madonna.  So many just don't give opinions anymore on deemed "controversial subjects"  because of the nature of social media etc.  Not defending them but just what I think happens.   Katy Perry for example was ridiculed no end for her anti Trump sentiments and she is now very quiet and gives no proper views.  Just an example.  Madonna has always spoke up and had to cope with the wrath of the media since the 80's.   Why she really stands out from the rest and in a wonderful brave way. .  I do think though that many female singers love and admire Madonna. 

Of course they do but they have to see how she diminishes them with her brilliantness. lol

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I feel the same. The so called "love" with Swift, Beyonce felt so unnatural... 

Agree , I think Ariana is genuine . Be-yawn-ce would never step outside of her comfort blanket . Never got her . Probably most overrated artist of all time . Taylor and Katy well yes I think they secretly want her to go away and will never have the balls to say or do anything controversial beyond using a plastic straw in a milkshake .

Can you imagine that we have now in Brasil a "president" that states everyday, together with his sons, accused and investigated for association with criminals and murderers (possibly of one recent killed deputy woman), that we need more guns to solve our  problems and keep us safe (from each other, maybe), that wants to allow more guns for more people, in every kind of job, place, age, diminish punishments, to ease the way to buy and handle guns, and with support of the exact people that may be the first affected by it?

we lost world control.

and I can say for sure, no one (at least until now) here in music business could adress this topic so explicitly like she did

I love that in all the shots of her looking at the camera during the typewriter scene - She's actually looking at the Frida Kahlo picture in front of her.