“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

28 minutes ago, Gus said:

This is what is massively important with this video.  The impact gun massacres have not only on the innocent victims but also on the grieving families and friends left behind plus the survivors that have to live with it as well.  Seeing groups of people impacted by gun shootings responding to this video makes it so worthwhile in every way possible. 

I have seen how a gun massacre ( Port Arthur in Tasmania )  completely wrecked the life of one of the survivors who has never got over it as know a survivor personally.   Survivor's guilt is another dreadful consequence of mass shootings.  

So admire Madonna for tacking this in the United States because we know how controversial this topic is there. It is her country and she has every right to use her platform as a well known person to address it through her music.  It is crucial for American people to comment on things in their own country and fight for change. 

I know that having strict gun control has been a huge success and something admired by the people in Australia since Port Arthur.  New Zealand has also brought in the same measures with the shooting at Christchurch.  Understand and know that things are much different in the USA but would love American citizens to have the same peace of mind as the rest of the Western World re guns.  Nobody needs to own automatic and high powered weapons.  

Retweet and like all answers from associations, people! We write a lot here but we seem to have zero presence in social media! How's it that this tweet only has 5 retweets and a couple of likes????? 

6 minutes ago, bardo said:

mariah has never been a political artist. why the constant need to compare m to other female artists, especially in this thread? 

Because what’s the point of being one of the most selling artist of all time if you’re not gonna use your fame to make a freaking change in this world for the better?? Madonna always viewed artists as activists! She has said this many times that art and activism go hand in hand. You can’t be an artist if you’re not using your voice to speak out and make a change! 

Also, Mooriah’s fans are some of the worst people after little monsters when it comes to the extent they criticize Madonna! 

So yeah!! I said what I said. Thank you! 

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Madame X is writing about a very important issue that happens every day. The first shooting has happened that day (TV in Discodonna's room is broadcasting it) and Madame X is writing about the issue. Hours later happens the club shooting. No one is safe. Discodonna didn't pay attention and ends up dead.

This!! That’s also the message I got from the video. Discodonna thought it wouldn’t happen to her, and it did. No one is safe. Doesn’t mean we need to live in fear but we do need to wake up about the issue of guns! 

On a shallow note, I totally want 2 c her as the pimp character 4 a series or something.
It works 4 her.

Madame X could be a netflix series, where the typist creates a story every episode and M
plays all those different women every installment..u know like actual relevant stories.

The Nun

The Teacher

The Whore

etc...

@GUY OSEARY CALL ME.

I am almost not worthy to comment anything on this VIDEO. Have always known she is in a league of her own, and she has proven that fact yet again with this wake up call. 

The Holy Trailblazer of Pop Music, Our Ever Exalted Grand Priestess MADONNA Louise Veronica Ciccone (1958-Forever)

5 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Oh hi I'd just like to let everyone know that Madonna is the most important visual artist in American history 

It's one of the few things I agree on with Kanyé West.

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

I don't think there was any significance to it. She just took the fire escape. 

I don't think it's by chance.

Going out clubbing has always been linked to some sort of escapism from your everyday life.

She goes to the club to escape from the depressing news, from a world where "white straight men" rule and people can get mugged at gunpoint when walking alone and she does so by literary using the fire escape.

And she thinks the disco is a safe haven.

But we're never safe.

Its her most disturbing video. I feel so uneasy to view it. It is sad and brilliant at the same time. Its political and artitistic, because it nfluences you no matter what...

19 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

The video is on over 800k views why isn’t it trending in the UK on YouTube? 

I think we're all coming to terms that Madonna is basically done in Europe for the foreseeable future. The Americas are where she's going to be most appreciated this era. 

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I think we're all coming to terms that Madonna is basically done in Europe for the foreseeable future. The Americas are where she's going to be most appreciated this era. 

I just heard her being referenced within half an hour on two diff radio stations. she's always relevant. but maybe this time, America needs to be the first to give her attention for current efforts

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

I just heard her being referenced within half an hour on two diff radio stations. she's always relevant. but maybe this time, America needs to be the first to give her attention for current efforts

And if that's the case then GOOD. Madonna is American after all.

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

And if that's the case then GOOD. Madonna is American after all.

btw, just so we're clear.. im in Europe 🙂 anyway, let's hope the message doesn't go unnoticed.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

btw, just so we're clear.. im in Europe 🙂 anyway, let's hope the message doesn't go unnoticed.

Yes.

And keep in mind, I said Americas, which include central and South America. Not USA necessarily, although this video will be looked at as a pivotal piece of art for awhile here in the USA. If not immediately, DEFINITELY in retrospect. You can quote me. 

The truth is always hard for people to accept, especially for those who don't wish to change and taken for granted... People needed constant reminders and wake up calls to draw their attention to important issues that need utmost focus and necessary change. It not, they will slipped into a coma of comfort zone and day in day out, doing the same things over and over again like we are under a spell... 

I admire M's tenacity and courage to dare to stick her neck out, stand up and call for a change despite becoming unpopular or even hated for it!!! I believed all of us made the right choice to pick her as our eternal goddess-warrior rebel heart!! Kudos to an extraordinary video with a punch foward message... 😍 👍

None of it matters, the whole she is popular here not popular there, Madonna is quite simply STILL... The Most Famous Woman In The World... If she never made another piece of art again, what she delivered today is quite simply enough, MASTERPIECE.

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

In Spain it rises. It was 30, then 29 and now 28

#irise

2 hours ago, Andgon144 said:

On a lighter note did anyone else notice how thick mama disco donna was looking in the dance scenes? 🔥

and her boobs were so bouncy and plump