“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

Best video since Bad Girl!!!!

Yes!!!  Bad Girl and Oh Father are ART just like this.  They tell a story and are so damn intricate and subtle, you catch something new and meaningful every time you watch them.

RE: GC  I was totally shaken and uncomfortable the first time I watched it and I wouldn’t have it any other way.  The reality of gun violence is grotesque and should enrage all of us so you can’t tackle a topic like this and pussyfoot around.  And she did NOT! I’m amazed, wowed and so damn proud to be her fan.

1 hour ago, material_boy said:

Was thinking the same thing! The direct shots and close ups in "God Control" and "Crave" were gorgeous and I've been wanting a dark hair era for years. Madame X is giving me everything :dramatic:

My fav look of the brunette so far. So classy with those glasses and the hairdo. This is everything! 

One of the biggest newspapers in Montréal shared the video. Haven't seen anything about previous videos. This one is special. I love it.

Bad girl is my all time fave ever! I love her cinematic video masterpieces. 

The typewriter scenes are all damn good. Actually every scene are breathtaking. The editing are awesome. Love her back to acting again in music videos. Thank god she made an effort again to make this kind of videos! Lazydonna is dead! Madame X for the win!!

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

Speechless. 

I want to write an essay, but I'm just.....speechless.

She has more fucking balls than her entire industry, media and politics...combined. Good-fucking-god.

Take your time. Love reading your posts! 

2 minutes ago, possiblymaybe98 said:

So the girl who survived the Pulse nightclub shooting is dragging M because the video is traumatizing to her...

She doesn't have to watch it? 

4 hours ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Yeah. I'm brazilian and those things happen all the time here. It happened to me, too.

But we're supposed to not react or fight back. If I had reacted like she did in the video when they mugged me, I'd probably be dead.

That's another thing that had me shook! The way her friends came to get her and brushed off the whole thing in seconds.  It seemed like she wanted to touch upon the #metoo movement and how victims are expected to simply get over what happened to them.  This is just another brilliant example of how she weaves her own personal history into a bigger message

p.s. I'm so sorry that this has happened to you 💜

3 minutes ago, Shedoeshair said:

She doesn't have to watch it? 

Exactly. She’s literally sending out the message about gun control in such a strong way that no other popstar is doing and yet this girl somehow sees something negative in it

I'm just stunned. I've watched it probably 6 or 7 times now. I feel like I did the first time I listened to MX.....I just don't even know what to say really other than it's chilling and although some may say it's stating the obvious, seeing "no one is safe" flash across the screen at the end just sends shivers down my spine. It's just so very true. Literally, ANYWHERE is game these days for a scenario like in the video.

This video isn't just her best since the early to mid 00's, this video sits comfortably with the top TOP tier Madonna videos like LAP, EY, OF, Vogue, JML and BG. 

If she had just put out a straight narrative where she went to a club and was caught in the midst of a massacre, that would have already made a powerful video (and probably all most of us would have expected).  But then she goes ahead and tells the story backwards and frames it with dark haired Madonna, it’s just genius. This is the reason she is peerless.

A masterpiece that earns a spot on the Mount Rushmore of great Madonna videos. The video is extremely well crafted! I can see why they took a long time putting it out. They put an insane amount of work editing the complicated video together and getting it right. Bravo!

Just now, I Don’t Search I Find said:

A masterpiece that earns a spot on the Mount Rushmore of great Madonna videos. The video is extremely well crafted! I can see why they took a long time putting it out. They put an insane amount of work editing the complicated video together and getting it right. Bravo!

:clap:

Just now, alexis said:

I was really excited about this video

I know!  It’s so exciting to witness an artist at the peak of her creativity, making videos better than anyone else in the game.

What a masterpiece!

I love the framing of the narrative with brunette Madonna.

The video is indeed disturbing and petrifying, especially if one has just woken up. It's more than an art piece or a cautionary tale. It's a public service message. 

1 hour ago, FreeMySoul said:

I have only watched it once overwhelmed me and honestly scared me

Same here! 

I can’t get over how smart and creative she is and always has been.  Commenting on one of the great issues of 2019, but setting it in the past.  Her mind.

Views froze at 491k it seems like it exploded, hopefully it hits 1M before 24h.

The video is amazing, it resonates the most with Americans I guess. 

I don’t really understand why the Brunnete M is typing and throwing away those papers? And which connection does she have with the Blonde M? Is she really her next door neighbor?

28 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

"when the talk reforms" was intentional or it slipped past editing? 

I noticed that, too — proofreading and copy editing for work can sometimes be such a curse in everyday life. 

But I’m not going to nitpick. The video is epic. I got chills watching it and my eyes definitely got teary. It is powerful and repeat viewings would deepen appreciation. I’m not ready to watch it again just yet, but I know I will.

She is amazing and fearless.

Edited by peter
Typo!! Haha! “Ironically”