“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

Well first it needs to be stated that she has without any shadow of doubt reclaimed herself as the Queen of Music Videos. 

Medellin, Dark Ballet, and God Control are 3 of her best videos since the 90s. Rich. Captivating. Moody. Complex. Intricate They all sweep you away and take INTO the video with her. I haven’t felt that way from her music videos since Frozen. 

But this. THIS is a masterful video that perfectly captures the carelessness in which we all glide through our lives never expecting to be mowed down by a firearm at a nightclub, festival, movie, church. Places that were once havens of entertainment or worship or education are now fertile ground for mass shootings. She captured this PERFECTLY and BRILLIANTLY. 

What saddens me tho is how little it “shocked” me. Because this type scenario has happened time and time again. And unless the body count is through the roof, into the dozens, mass shootings don’t even resonate like they did even 10 years ago.

I’m beyond proud of Madonna for this. While Taylor’s using drag queens for her own gain and cheap, shameless self promotion, Madonna is featuring drag queens to make an actual statement. And a profound one at that. This is what artists do. Not mere pop stars. 

Cheers to her. Bravo. I’m truly floored. 

41 minutes ago, justi5myluv said:

I think the Dark hair Madonna is not the same character as Discodonna. Dark Hair Madonna might be MadameX writing about the school shooting. While Discodonna is the victim of gun violence. Somehow the two draws parallel.

I have to say it was very difficult to see our queen getting mugged and shot in a video, even though it’s just acting. 

yea. that's what i think too Madonna played 2 different characters, we see that she is writing the video "God Control" and she sees things she pictures what happened in the night club. and then we see disco donna shot in the club, but then we see her at the end after getting mugged then at her apartment. this is what i'm confused about did she die at the night club or did she die because jumped of the ledge outside of her apartment?

Madonna did just such an amazing job  on this video. even thought very hard to watch.

10 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

THERE ARE TOO MANY DETAILS IN THIS VIDEO / SO WELL MADE

The sign of the store reads "Instant Fixing of Jewelry" just moments before M gets her jewelry stolen / broken. Did she go and get it fixed there after? Did the stealers go sell it? Does it matter?!!

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 12.20.09 AM.jpg

I thought so, that’s why the asian guy made the sign and left her behind.

Love this detail as well:

“We Need to Wake Up” on vinyl lol

9766343D-D129-4081-8D2C-6CC850BDCBCE.png

Just now, KalamazooJay said:

I’m beyond proud of Madonna for this. While Taylor’s using drag queens for her own gain and cheap, shameless self promotion, Madonna is featuring drag queens to make an actual statement. And a profound one at that. This is what artists do. Not mere pop stars. 

I was thinking about going here but I'm sure everyone is sick of my Taylor Swift hate.

But yes. I obviously agree. I'm sick of ppl slapping a rainbow on various items and articles of clothing and featuring gay celebrities in videos to get goodwill. 

Madonna walks the walk. 

Epic in so many levels... 

i hope the video goes viral especially in USA. I just read the other day about mass shooting and since January to this day, there have been +-150 mass shootings happened there!! 

The song, the lyric, and the video is spot on. I just don't know what to say anymore. We're not worthy of Madame ❌... Don't want this era to end 

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

I was thinking about going here but I'm sure everyone is sick of my Taylor Swift hate.

But yes. I obviously agree. I'm sick of ppl slapping a rainbow on various items and articles of clothing and featuring gay celebrities in videos to get goodwill. 

Madonna walks the walk. 

Taylor's video was ridiculous all her music sounds the same and her video's are cheap and just stupid.

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well first it needs to be stated that she has without any shadow of doubt reclaimed herself as the Queen of Music Videos. 

Medellin, Dark Ballet, and God Control are 3 of her best videos since the 90s. Rich. Captivating. Moody. Complex. Intricate They all sweep you away and take INTO the video with her. I haven’t felt that way from her music videos since Frozen. 

But this. THIS is a masterful video that perfectly captures the carelessness in which we all glide through our lives never expecting to be mowed down by a firearm at a nightclub, festival, movie, church. Places that were once havens of entertainment or worship or education are now fertile ground for mass shootings. She captured this PERFECTLY and BRILLIANTLY. 

What saddens me tho is how little it “shocked” me. Because this type scenario has happened time and time again. And unless the body count is through the roof, into the dozens, mass shootings don’t even resonate like they did even 10 years ago.

Cheers to her. Bravo. I’m truly floored. 

👍  to all

Taylor Fucking Swift

It makes me laugh

What does she know about drag queens anyway? The daughter of an investment banker from an evangelical/Jesuit background

45 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

Her PR team is just FLAWLESS!

About the video...crying. the way she ties the choral part in the beginning with the ending...breathtaking!

9 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Yes, she is. She is one of her disco pals entering the club and dancing.

Fabulous!

Love her

I'm also glad Miss Boutella is featuring on a Madonna project again

I don’t think I’m being hyperbolic when I say that Madonna just makes everyone else’s work look like a fucking waste of my time.  

This video is a masterpiece.

4 minutes ago, juliebean said:

Taylor's video was ridiculous all her music sounds the same and her video's are cheap and just stupid.

I'm glad I never listened to Taylor Swift's music. To me just another young factory assembled Pop Tart. Madonna is spreading a message. This girl is wearing a French Fry costume.

3 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

Outstanding. I am really loving this Era so far. Hope we get a relaxed carefree fun Faz Gostoso video to balance things out tho.

Actually that would be lovely. A bit like having some cheese with a nice wine.

2 minutes ago, JR! said:

Madonna told CNN her response to those who may have a problem with the graphic depiction is that "this is what happens when people shoot."

"Understand that this is what happens. Guns kill," she said. "A bullet rips through your body, knocks you to the floor and takes your life, and you bleed to death. I mean this is reality."

The singer draws attention to the song's lyrics, which she types out during the video.

"Everybody knows the damn truth/Our nation lied," the lyrics begin. "We've lost respect/When we wake up/What can we do?"

The mother of six said she feels a responsibility to the children of the world.

"It's really scary to me that any public gathering, any place of worship, any school is a target," Madonna said. "Nobody's safe."

The pop icon added, "We know that gun violence disproportionately affects children and the disenfranchised in our society. This certainly inspires me to use my art and platform to advocate for change."

Shannon Watts is grateful Madonna is doing just that.

Watts founded Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America the day after the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut in which 20 children and six staff members were killed.

She told CNN that artists like Madonna are able to amplify their calls to end the violence.

:clap:

3 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Can I just say how amazing she looks in the close-ups? I kinda wish she had that dark wig this whole era.

Was thinking the same thing! The direct shots and close ups in "God Control" and "Crave" were gorgeous and I've been wanting a dark hair era for years. Madame X is giving me everything :dramatic:

9 minutes ago, Shane said:

I don’t think I’m being hyperbolic when I say that Madonna just makes everyone else’s work look like a fucking waste of my time.  

This video is a masterpiece.

No that's not hyperbole

It's the damn truth

And most people know it

God Bless The Queen of the World

I wonder if she visualized the video at the same time she was recording the song and that's why they gave it such an unconventional structure, because not only the video is backwards but also the song. If we made it a forewards story it would be:

1st the disco part: people are enjoying themselves, not aware of the danger tehy are going to face.

2nd the choir: the shooting has already happened and  there is a tragic atmosphere, the religious theme represent all those "thoughts and prayers" that people give (sometime hypcriticically)

3rd "singing through gritted teeth" part: she feels impotent for all of those victims and her voice is trying to be silenced.

So the brunette Madonna on the typewriter is Disco Madonna’s neighbor in this storyline?  What kind of brilliant mind ...

We are so blessed to live in the time of Madonna.  

1 hour ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I think they’re meant to be interchangeable like she’s saying one or both at the same time

Yep. Same as "I'm Addicted" with the M-D-M-A, M-D-N-A bit.