“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

3 minutes ago, Macromad said:

Yeah, the video is telling a story backwards, the events at the beggining happened later in time, and the end is the beggining of the story. Look at the time in the corner.

Hope that makes sense LOL

i was a little confused by this too. it looked like it was going back in time, but some of it didn't seem to make sense since it showed people lying on the floor at all different times. i thought maybe the dark-haired madonna in nyc was writing a story and the scenes with the blond madonna in LA were depictions of those scenes. 

11 minutes ago, juliebean said:

I'm confused about something in the video. the blonde Madonna did she die in the beginning? because we see her at the end in her apartment at the end then she goes out on the ledge.

I think the Dark hair Madonna is not the same character as Discodonna. Dark Hair Madonna might be MadameX writing about the school shooting. While Discodonna is the victim of gun violence. Somehow the two draws parallel.

I have to say it was very difficult to see our queen getting mugged and shot in a video, even though it’s just acting. 

Edited by justi5myluv

Love the time structure

It reminds me of the 2002 film Irreversible with Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci. Great narrative device

2 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

All the good things too then I guess.

Well, the bottom line is not so good, we have to admit also this.

Just now, Supernatural said:

Already history...she's so irrelevant lol

Things I love / think about with this video:

- When she is looking at the camera when on the typewriter- looking at us- she is actually looking at Frida Kahlo. Meaning she is looking at us for inspiration and strength.

- The cross dissolve between the kids and the caskets is chilling

- Is the guy with the moustage the same actor as the killer?

- Is the girl that dies next to M in the club that famous actor who used to be her dancer?

- I love how time is the past and present blend together 70s / current age. The 70s being a time the M remembers as carefree and fun before she was famous, but also a time when there was mass protests about the Vietnam War.

- The ending is very WIFLFAG- which is an interesting video to compare and contrast to this one for many reasons

Watched it so many times. So very proud. I hope it gets a radio edit because other than the message it is also a very good song. This is the Madonna I know and love. One who can do both.

The video had me in tears by the end. I love how Madonna uses visuals not to sell a song like so many of her peers do, but to add value to and sometimes even transform its meaning. She is super clever at matching the right image to the right sound to the right word.

It's also quite remarkable how they made it a 70s era piece with a modern problem inserted into it. Really drives home the loss of gun control through the decades. Studio 54 attendees didn't have to protect themselves from Pulse-style military weapon attacks.

American Life and God Control:

Producer: Mirwais

Director: Jonas Akerlund

I guess they are a wonderful team to bring the best out of Politicdonna.

I am totally floored now by this glorious impactful video. Repeating myself, but really fucking WOW!

Imagining how it will be performed live on a theatre stage!

Top 5 worldwide trend on twitter now. And over 400K+ views

10 minutes ago, Macromad said:

American Life and God Control:

Producer: Mirwais

Director: Jonas Akerlund

I guess they are a wonderful team to bring the best out of Politicdonna.

It’s no coincidence. Same level of brilliance. 

The story, the editing, the message, the visuals. All in fucking point. No wonder she chose Åkerlund for this video.

2 hours ago, le smoking said:

VIDEO OF THE DECADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely! So powerful. It has sent a shiver down my spine each time I’ve watched it. I was worried how she would handle this issue but she really exceeded my expectations. The videos this era have really been spot on. 

THERE ARE TOO MANY DETAILS IN THIS VIDEO / SO WELL MADE

The sign of the store reads "Instant Fixing of Jewelry" just moments before M gets her jewelry stolen / broken. Did she go and get it fixed there after? Did the stealers go sell it? Does it matter?!!

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 12.20.09 AM.jpg

52 minutes ago, XXL said:

It's amazing

Her skill and flexibility in the dancing department are still breathing. Has Megan Lawson collaborated on this as well? Anyway, loving it all

Yes, she is. She is one of her disco pals entering the club and dancing.