“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

Wow, I really can't believe that she is slaying as she does, what an artistic video! I want this masterpiece to be exposed to the world!

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
15 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I KNOW

everyone is gonna expect this song to get a performance at pride

To me, the song really isn't appropriate for Pride. 

We're in for a rough ride. When it dawns on middle America that she's taking the NRA to task, she's gonna take a lot of shit for this. 

And you know the sad part? I DOUBT the other pop princesses will stick their necks out for her. 

Just now, Amelia said:

it's more than appropriate. 
pride started as a political protest. we should celebrate that

#gaysagainstguns

4 minutes ago, Amelia said:

i think maybe the video isn't appropriate but the song itself would be fine. pride started with a riot after all. it's a celebration but also a political event. i think it would work just as well as "future" and "american life" (if that rumor is true). 

1 hour ago, Toni said:

Just watched it, fucking floored by that! It wasn’t until it came to the end that I realised I was holding my breath! 

Take a bow Madonna, you’ve surpassed yourself AGAIN!

I’m genuinely shook. Not just by her work mind, but the story within. 

❤️

Same feelings

❤️❤️❤️

44 minutes ago, headonfire said:

I can only anticipate that the NRA, pro-gun republicans, Fox News and the like will come hard for her.

Her outspokenness, bravery, and fearlessness continues to be what defines Madonna to this day, and I couldn't be prouder that she is still using her platform, and a medium such as pop music which is commonly seen as lowbrow, to address such a powerful and important topic.

No other pop star would put something like this out there, and this is one of the many reasons why her work and legacy will always be as a staple of our times.

Radios might not play her, Award Shows might not nominate her, and ageist articles might keep pouring in, but that won't stop her from keep delivering her art and message.

Precisely

Then again she's done this since day one

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 minute ago, bardo said:

i think maybe the video isn't appropriate but the song itself would be fine. pride started with a riot after all. it's a celebration but also a political event. i think it would work just as well as "future" and "american life" (if that rumor is true). 

Totally see you point.  It's just I feel Gun Control is a whole entity of itself and I felt that Pride is more about "celebration".  

I'm confused about something in the video. the blonde Madonna did she die in the beginning? because we see her at the end in her apartment at the end then she goes out on the ledge.

6 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

We're in for a rough ride. When it dawns on middle America that she's taking the NRA to task, she's gonna take a lot of shit for this. 

And you know the sad part? I DOUBT the other pop princesses will stick their necks out for her. 

Who cares anymore? She takes a lot of shit every single day. Don't pay attention to the haters and enjoy the ride!

4 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Also, can't wait to watch a performance with this choreo! :wow: 

It's Hung Up-level of amazingness :wow: 

It's amazing

Her skill and flexibility in the dancing department are still breathing. Has Megan Lawson collaborated on this as well? Anyway, loving it all

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 minute ago, juliebean said:

I'm confused about something in the video. the blonde Madonna did she die in the beginning? because we see her at the end in her apartment at the end then she goes out on the ledge.

The events of the night are presented backward in time.

17 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

TMZ used a random pic. I don't even recognize where it's from.

Capture.PNG

did they find the one pulse survivor who's an NRA member? lol

4 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

You guys really need to not be posting anything from TMZ.

Exactly.

I just watched the video and when it finished said FUCK.

its really well done, almost perfect. Def not glamourising. People are hypocrites if they take object to this. The same level of violence is played out across film and tv, even video games without any message to change.

10 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

When did they do?

2 minutes ago, juliebean said:

Yeah, the video is telling a story backwards, the events at the beggining happened later in time, and the end is the beggining of the story. Look at the time in the corner.

Hope that makes sense LOL

Just now, Macromad said:

Yeah, the video is telling a story backwards, the events at the beggining happened later in time, and the end is the beggining of the story. Look at the time in the corner.

Hope that makes sense LOL

Yes, it does. 🙂

In awe. Utterly stunned.

Madonna, what have you done to me? I cannot detach myself from the clip: jaw-dropping to the floor, moved, shocked, amazed, then refresh and watch all over again.

Perfection. An art masterpiece.