“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

They're singing the lyrics... "we've lost god control..." I mean they're literally lip synching it? lol

I hear both God/Gun Control 

2 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

They're singing the lyrics... "we've lost god control..." I mean they're literally lip synching it? lol

Yep. Strange question as they are just miming to the album version.

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

LOL, thanks!  Now I understand what they were singing.  That scene gave me chills. 

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Has Patti ever commented on Madonna? They both started out in NYC at the same time. I wonder if their paths ever crossed.

Yes she has and she loved WE and went 2 c it TWICE. She commented on them having similar lives in NYC.. She and Robert Mapplethorpe and Madonna with Martin Burgoyne. 

6 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Has Patti ever commented on Madonna? They both started out in NYC at the same time. I wonder if their paths ever crossed.

She was at the premiere of W/E and she loved it. She said she admires her and is particularly found of "Into the Groove"

Makes me think of a Patti song "Parhs that Cross"

Edited by Ray Finkle

11 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

As expected, epic. Will rank among the very best in her videography.,

THIS! So Late in her career and is BEYOND EPIC! Certainly my fave video of this ERA!

Guest jamesshot

Patti Smith is a huge Madonna fan.

The kids singing then the coffins! 

She looked gorgeous.

Well done. Madame X.

I can only anticipate that the NRA, pro-gun republicans, Fox News and the like will come hard for her.

Her outspokenness, bravery, and fearlessness continues to be what defines Madonna to this day, and I couldn't be prouder that she is still using her platform, and a medium such as pop music which is commonly seen as lowbrow, to address such a powerful and important topic.

No other pop star would put something like this out there, and this is one of the many reasons why her work and legacy will always be as a staple of our times.

Radios might not play her, Award Shows might not nominate her, and ageist articles might keep pouring in, but that won't stop her from keep delivering her art and message.

7 minutes ago, acko said:

Yes she has and she loved WE and went 2 c it TWICE. She commented on them having similar lives in NYC.. She and Robert Mapplethorpe and Madonna with Martin Burgoyne. 

she supported M by also going to the secret project premiere

21 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

Didn't LAV only get two videos?(not couting the live ones)

Sometimes it's about internal politics, who knows what went on. Frankly, I don't wanna cry over spoiled milk, it distracts from the now.

Era is EPIC 💥💥💥💥💥

WOW. The first 3 minutes really shook me up, and I'm glad it was at the beginning.

The best video of this era to date. An extremely powerful message. BRAVO M!!!! :clap: 

the video was epic i hope it gets talked about everywhere. I have to be honest the being was really hard to watch I felt sick. I can't imagine how scared people were at that night club or ANYWHERE. it was just so heartbreaking. Madonna did such a good job i'm so proud to call myself a Madonna fan!