“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

7 minutes ago, Urien said:

If you look at the order of things.

Discodonna is looking at Gun Violence on TV, ignores it and carries on with her day. 

Discodonna gets mugged with gun, ignores it and carries on with her day.

Discodonna dies at the Disco due to Gun Violence.

If Discodonna did not ignore the problem, if only she woke up. She maybe could've avoided the deaths at the Disco.

This is why the chronological order of the video has been reversed. It's not enough to know that Gun Violence is happening, it's important to note that bad things happen when good people do nothing at all. Wake up!

We are all Discodonna, but we need to be more like Madame X. 

So well said!!!!!! :asian:

5 minutes ago, Urien said:

Discodonna is looking at Gun Violence on TV, ignores it and carries on with her day. 

If Discodonna did not ignore the problem, if only she woke up. She maybe could've avoided the deaths at the Disco.

This is why the chronological order of the video has been reversed. It's not enough to know that Gun Violence is happening, it's important to note that bad things happen when good people do nothing at all. Wake up!

I love you.😍😍 I'm trying to read what is written on the wall of Madame X house.

Does anyone know if this is an official single or is it a promo one? I've noticed all the singles have been removed from Amazon and Spotify for Madame X apart from the Medellín Remix EPs. I wonder if God Control is getting a cover then???

8 minutes ago, Urien said:

Brilliant. I love the term Discodonna.

6 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

aybe I'm wrong but it could have been better realized, the shooting had to be the coup de theater that destroys the moment of euphoria, for me the reverse doesn't work. even the sound of the keyboard distracts attention from the words of the song, the photograph focuses too much on warm colors. I find the teaser instagram definitely better. sorry, i appreciate the power of the message but for me it's a wasted opportunity

The usual narrative has been already done in videos, movies..I like their choice.

8 minutes ago, Shedoeshair said:

Nina Simone.... AND?   I don't know the other one.  Anyone knows?

8 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Angela Davis, and also there's a Martha Graham picture I believe...

Thanks!

Just watched it, fucking floored by that! It wasn’t until it came to the end that I realised I was holding my breath! 

Take a bow Madonna, you’ve surpassed yourself AGAIN!

I’m genuinely shook. Not just by her work mind, but the story within. 

❤️

A fucking masterpiece. She did that, and she went there... 🙌🙌 

No one else but Madonna would make a song and video in this day and age like this one.

Madame X is a true creative peak for our M, musically, aesthetically and visually. No one comes even close.

"Straight white men rule everything around me".. Madonna..love her

10 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

aybe I'm wrong but it could have been better realized, the shooting had to be the coup de theater that destroys the moment of euphoria, for me the reverse doesn't work. even the sound of the keyboard distracts attention from the words of the song, the photograph focuses too much on warm colors. I find the teaser instagram definitely better. sorry, i appreciate the power of the message but for me it's a wasted opportunity

I guess the song itself is not the main point of attention here - actually, when the shooter starts killing everyone the sound of the bullets is much louder than the background music which makes the video even more realistic and unconfortable to watch. maybe the sound of the typewriter is the gun that’s “in her brain”, like she said in the lyrics

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

The video is very well made.Wish it showed her dancing a bit more.The caskets in the church were very beautiful too.

For me it's all a bit too pretentious though. Even with Madonna I'm very skeptical with celebrities addressing complex social issues. Know that she has always been Madonna's thing. It just depends what issues she wants to address.Sometimes it comes off better and sometimes not.

Overall, think it will be a success for her.

I don't think it is pretentious in this case. She - The most successful female artist of all time, and more importantly a mother of 6 children - clearly gives no shits and is using her platform for good.

To the point that the song itself was butchered by the violence it is attempting to highlight. God Control (Song) is a victim of Gun Violence ("Irony"- Madonna). This is the self aware work of an artist at the peak of their powers, exemplifying a mastery over their craft. As I said earlier, when she said she is "over this pop star shit" on instagram, she definitely meant it in light of this video. I'm so proud of her and her heart, it's all in this album. All in. <3333333

Edited by Urien

I am simply speechless. It is much deeper than I could have expected. Incredible and powerful 

2 minutes ago, Urien said:

I don't think it is pretentious in this case. She - The most successful female artist of all time, and more importantly a mother of 6 children - clearly gives no shits and is using her platform for good.

To the point that the song itself was butchered by the violence it is attempting to highlight. God Control (Song) is a victim of Gun Violence ("Irony"- Madonna). This is the work of an artist at the peak of their powers, exemplifying a mastery over their craft. As I said earlier, when she said she is "over this pop star shit" on instagram, she definitely meant it in light of this video. I'm so proud of her and her heart, it's all in this album. All in. <3333333

Yeah I agree. 

Madonna has fallen into the pretentious trap on multiple occasions - the grand king of pretense being the stupid American Life video (personally will never understand why fans think that video is amazing... it's Madonna and Jonas at their most cluttered and overwrought) 

But God Control is not that video. It's the work of 2 people at an artistic zenith. I'm very proud. 

7 minutes ago, Colonel_Sanders said:

I guess the song itself is not the main point of attention here - actually, when the shooter starts killing everyone the sound of the bullets is much louder than the background music which makes the video even more realistic and unconfortable to watch. maybe the sound of the typewriter is the gun that’s “in her brain”, like she said in the lyrics

sure, but it seems to me a pity because the song is as powerful as the images and in my opinion it has been pushed into the background.

Just now, Steve said:

Great coverage from People, EW, CNN and more.  

But Pitchfork should stop posting anything about Madonna after their atrocious review!

2 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Madonna has fallen into the pretentious trap on multiple occasions -

Secret Project anyone? Her heart was clearly in the right place then, but her medium of delivery was not yet perfected.

Madame X is that perfection that she has honed and refined for a new era. 

Edited by Urien

Just now, Urien said:

Secret Project anyone? Her heart was clearly in the right place then, but she medium of delivery was not yet perfected.

Madame X is that perfection that she has honed and refined for a new era. 

Absolutely.