“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

1 minute ago, strictmachine said:

Uninformed? 

She stated that there was no warning about the video content. She might have seen the different version.

21 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Oh, well.

Madonna seems to be the worst human ever.

This is just.....ridiculous. But I’m not going to bash an actual massacre survivor. Whatever. It is what it is. 

Guest eroticerotic

Emma has a right not to like it but this was Madonna’s vision. As an artist you are not going to please everyone.

Madonna said she saw this girl as the future so, if I were m I would reach out to her and have a conversation since I’m going to assume they have the same intentions,  different approaches.

If everyone thought and did the same thing, we would drive ourselves to extinction peacefully.

4 minutes ago, side_streets said:

She stated that there was no warning about the video content. She might have seen the different version.

Clearly she’s seen it, she thinks it’s fucked up and she’s entitled to her opinion just like anyone else. We don’t need to start questioning her, or worse criticizing her, because we don’t like it. 

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

This is just.....ridiculous. But I’m not going to bash an actual massacre survivor. Whatever. It is what it is. 

Read the whole thread.

She even said how Madonna hadn't supported organizations with donations which I found ridiculous.

1 minute ago, strictmachine said:

Clearly she’s seen it, she thinks it’s fucked up and she’s entitled to her opinion just like anyone else. We don’t need to start questioning her, or worse criticizing her, because we don’t like it. 

My point is that she is not telling the truth. Simple as that. 

Guest jamesshot
23 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Oh, well.

How, Emma? Because it shows a shooting? So, no movie can ever show a mass shooting?

You can't make a strong statement without a little bit of disturbing content. If having dozens of elementary kids killed in Sandy Hook doesn't change things, Madonna going easy in this music video certainly won't. It needed to be in your face and brutal.

As usual, Madonna is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. 

She says there was no warning, there was. She says she doesnt know where the money is going, the video asks for donations.

So M sends a message to hundreds of people/ survivors. Then what? She edits it with them? Thats impossible.

This is why noone touches this subject. Youre fucked if you do.

Yes the video is fucking graphic. Its horrible. It must be horrible as a survivor. But M is not glorifying it. She is putting this out there for a cause. It is NOT for survivors- its for the general public.

At least this starts a conversation which is better than nothing.

Just sucks for M- but he knew she would get shit for this.

She’s probably a gaga fan. Madonna said many times where the $ is going. It’s on her twitter and instagram for fuck sake. There’s obviously many ignorant young people who can’t stand M and use that to drag her.

oh lord, gotta love 2019 where the SJW word is law.

Despite the shit, the draggings and the accusations, I'm glad she did this because I know her intentions were right.

3 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

And she's given a free pass to give critical comments on a video when (a) there was ample warning about its graphic content, (b) madonna and her team have been in touch with several orgs, and (c) when did madonna ever say that the pulse incident was the direct inspiration for the video?

any reaction to her reaction is no way less valid!

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I honestly don't get why people are so upset on Madonna's depiction of a mass shooting especially when it's clear that she's trying to convey a message?  Of course, I understand those who experienced such tragic events can be triggered, but where are their outrage when it's depicted in countless movies or when other artists who glorify gun/gang violence?  Madonna didn't make this video to glorify on their misery or experience. 

Maybe Emma saw an edited version that wasn't on Madonna's official channel which left out the warning, I don't know?  It's odd she would say that.  I hope someone has pointed out the actual video on Madonna's channel and told her their is a "warning". 

I'm am certain that if this was someone younger and more popular doing this, everyone would be praising them, especially if this was a male depicting what Madonna did in her video.

Guest jamesshot
5 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I’m really sick and tired of people criticising literally everything she does for the sake of it. 

Same. 

Someone said in another thread how that generation takes things so literally. They have very little critical thinking skills.

SJWs are their own worst enemy. It will cause others to steer clear of this and it ends up hurting their own cause. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
3 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I’m really sick and tired of people criticising literally everything she does for the sake of it. 

You know, I really think that's what it boils down to.  It's not like what Madonna portrayed in her video is anything new and hasn't been portrayed in movies and videos before.  Just earlier I saw an article where someone was criticizing how her new album dropped 95% in her second week.  And yes, that's a unfortunate drop, but this isn't something new. Most artists drop quite significantly in their second week.  Didn't Jonas Brothers who were #1 the week before drop nearly 80 to 85% their second week?  So why wasn't that brought up by these people who are criticizing Madonna for the same.  Like you mentioned, I think their is a large group of people who just love to hate Madonna.  I believe a lot of it is because Madonna has been so polarizing and at the end of the day, she keeps going. She doesn't give a shit what people think.  Thank goodness because she could have checked out a couple of decades ago if she wanted. 

Dumb and uninformed. All she says is right in the video ffs.

44 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Oh, well.

Here you go. Your beloved crisis actress. :lmao:

21 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Why?. She doesnt get a free pass the rest of her life. I was in the US army so i have been around weapons and death as well. I can criticize whoever I want. 

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Why?. She doesnt get a free pass the rest of her life. I was in the US army so i have been around weapons and death as well. I can criticize whoever I want. 

Go for it. 

27 minutes ago, Barbie said:

There’s a warning/disclaimer before the video starts. Did she even watch the shit?

They're eating her up in Twitter because of how she didn't even watch the video

Serves Madonna right for giving voice to this SJW shit. They're the most intolerant people ever. 

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:rotfl:

Worst post ever? 

While there's another thread dissecting every scene from her MV. God please help me now.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

They're eating her up in Twitter because of how she didn't even watch the video

Serves Madonna right for giving voice to this SJW shit. They're the most intolerant people ever. 

Good! Hope she edits her intro out from I Rise. Ungrateful bitch!

2 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Good! Hope she edits her intro out from I Rise. Ungrateful bitch!

To be honest, I always thought that intro ruined an otherwise perfect song.