“God Control” thread. Video OUT NOW!!!

I am slayed you guys!  Just wow! What an incredible video! High budget, great production, Madonna is breathtakingly beautiful and AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE!! Only Madonna can do that!! 

this is a video that is worth of her legacy, and that´s a lot to say!

it makes me think about Gang bang´s video, if it had had one...

14 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Trending at number 3 on Brazilian YouTube right now. 

My country is stanning Madame X really hard this era - maybe as much as Portugal/Italy maybe even more? 

Wonder if she's aware of that. 

Thank god for Brazilian fans.

3 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Views froze at 491k it seems like it exploded, hopefully it hits 1M before 24h.

The video is amazing, it resonates the most with Americans I guess. 

I don’t really understand why the Brunnete M is typing and throwing away those papers? And which connection does she have with the Blonde M? Is she really her next door neighbor?

Isn’t it the other manifestation of Madonna? The blond one is the carefree, irresponsible, no fighting Madonna and the black one is the political, fighter Madonna, but in the end she cries because it’s too late? I think it’s a great video unlike anything any artist have ever released. Gut wrenching also.

Spoiler

Im still trying to process all of this 

its just too much brilliance for me right now lol

Q: Disco Mama Donna at the end when she exits her apartment from her window? What can we gather? Suicide ? 

5 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Q: Disco Mama Donna at the end when she exits her apartment from her window? What can we gather? Suicide ? 

If it was suicide she wouldn't have gone to the club that night. 

3 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:
  Hide contents

The story is shown backwards.

It starts with her getting ready to go out, ignoring what's on the news about mass shootings and "escaping" from her apartment using the emergency exit.

Then she brushes off suffering from robbery at gunpoint and goes clubbing only to meet her demise. 

6 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

I'm glad I never listened to Taylor Swift's music. To me just another young factory assembled Pop Tart. Madonna is spreading a message. This girl is wearing a French Fry costume.

once in a while when she first started singing i liked some songs but then she started singing pop and all of her songs are horrible. Madonna sings great songs and released great videos i'm so proud of Madonna for spreading this message. I was watching the debate tonight and they were talking about gun violence and what a national crisis it is today.

I wonder if Madonna purposely released "God Control" today or it's just a coincidence.

Ok 

Im just trying to make sense of the whole exiting/entering through the window.

ANyone?

not nitpicking just stuck on this masterpiece 

lol

Edited by Andgon144

Guest jamesshot

Even my mom texted me and said she watched the video and it should win awards. She was gushing. She said Madonna looked so beautiful. She criticizes Madonna a lot but likes non-controversial Madonna. So I was surprised, to say the least, she loved it. I asked her what made her watch it and she said it was a Yahoo article about it she said it made it sound interesting so she watched it.

Could this be a moment Madonna "clicks" again with the general public and sparks more positivity and interest?

11 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

The story is shown backwards.

It starts with her getting ready to go out, ignoring what's on the news about mass shootings and "escaping" from her apartment using the emergency exit.

Then she brushes off suffering from robbery at gunpoint and goes clubbing only to meet her demise. 

oh. thank you for explaining that i was confused if the last scene at her apartment what happened it's confusing how it goes backwards. She gets robbed before she goes to the club though?

Guest jamesshot
1 minute ago, Andgon144 said:

Ok 

Im just trying to make sense of the whole exiting/entering through the window.

ANyone?

not nitpicking just stuck on this masterpiece 

lol

I don't think there was any significance to it. She just took the fire escape. 

6 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

She doesn't need to sing what she types though. Anyway, god and gun are pretty close.

She's literally typing the lyrics to the song! 

Is it such a big deal if the title is God Control and she sings gun control? 🙄

5 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

I don't think there was any significance to it. She just took the fire escape. 

She's clearly escaping, hence the poster that says "white men rule my life". 

About views, I wish I'm wrong but I don't expect much. Just as with the album this time Madonna will be enjoyed by intelligent people, not masses. 

4 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Views froze at 491k it seems like it exploded, hopefully it hits 1M before 24h.

The video is amazing, it resonates the most with Americans I guess. 

I don’t really understand why the Brunnete M is typing and throwing away those papers? And which connection does she have with the Blonde M? Is she really her next door neighbor?

my interpretation is that the brunette madonna is a writer. in her british vogue photo spread/video (with the same brown wig), she talks about the writers who influenced her. so i think she's writing the story (could be fiction inspired by mass shootings or based on a true story) and we're seeing the visuals in her head like a movie. sometimes she's not happy with what's she's written so she throws out the pages and starts over. 

it's already up to 692K, so i think it will probably reach 1M within 24 hours. how fast did medellin reach 1M?

26 minutes ago, Andgon144 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think it's just what she might have done when she lived in New York.

Rather than take the internal stairs, take the fire escape to get somewhere quicker. And it looks cool.

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

She's clearly escaping, hence the poster that says "white men rule my life". 

About views, I wish I'm wrong but I don't expect much. Just as with the album this time Madonna will be enjoyed by intelligent people, not masses. 

...yes please intelligente people , it s about time !

so i went back and watched again and i'm still confused about the time stamps. i get that it's telling the story backwards, but the last few time stamps keep going earlier as discodonna is getting ready to go out. so it's 9:50 or something when she's putting on her makeup, but then 9:40ish when she climbs out the window. anyone make any sense of that?

just Seen the vid. I don’t have enough words to describe it. So well done, emotional, shocking, beautiful, thought invoking.. I could go on. Yes, she does look stunning, the dark hair really brings out her gorgeous eyes. I don’t think it’s her looks that she wants us to be interested in though, it’s the message of the song/video and oh boy has she got that across so well.

She will get the haters hating, but no change there.let them get on with it as I’m not listening. I just admire the sheer guts of this woman who is brave enough to put this out there. She will stand up for what she believes in and takes risks and that is why I love her so much. 

I doubt very much if the Kylies, Taylor’s or Katy’s of this world would ever put out a vid like this.

Amazing.

10 minutes ago, Gus said:

Highly doubt fat ass Mooriah could ever do this!! Madonna the risk taker, the bold and the beautiful is back to slay everyone with the gun that’s in her brain!! 

Just now, Katypatra said:

Highly doubt fat ass Mooriah could ever do this!! Madonna the risk taker, the bold and the beautiful is back to slay everyone with the gun that’s in her brain!! 

mariah has never been a political artist. why the constant need to compare m to other female artists, especially in this thread? 

27 minutes ago, bardo said:

so i went back and watched again and i'm still confused about the time stamps. i get that it's telling the story backwards, but the last few time stamps keep going earlier as discodonna is getting ready to go out. so it's 9:50 or something when she's putting on her makeup, but then 9:40ish when she climbs out the window. anyone make any sense of that?

Madame X is writing about a very important issue that happens every day. The first shooting has happened that day (TV in Discodonna's room is broadcasting it) and Madame X is writing about the issue. Hours later happens the club shooting. No one is safe. Discodonna didn't pay attention and ends up dead.