Was Creating A Standard Edition A Mistake?

My favorite is the other omission.  Looking for Mercy.  I would have skipped the standard version but the cover.  Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm.  Breathtaking.

22 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

I sort of want the Frida cover but it excludes my precious Extreme Occident which is the centerpiece of the album to me.

Put  FridaM on the standard

It's very easy to edit the cover to your liking using the program mp3tag. It also tags m4a/iTunes files with no problem. Change the cover to whatever the hell you want it to be. Simple. 

I bought both in cd format for the covers, but I find the standard utterly pointless as an album and will never listen to it.  I hate thinking of people buying it at Walmart, Barnes & Nobel, or an independent music store and not having a clue that they are missing two absolute gems, unless of course they stream.

The standard should have included EO and LFM, then the blonde cover Target exclusive could have featured Funana and Ciao Bella as extras.

EO and LFM are career highlights and deserve to be heard by everyone.

I’ve heard of a “Les Mis” cover and now you’re talking about the “Frida” cover; can anyone tell me which is which? 😅😅  If you ask me, this should’ve been the only cover; without the MADONNA.

115DD1E5-F661-41AA-B37A-4FEF37ADE056.jpeg

As for the editions issue, I agree it’s pointless to release 3 different ones. The boxset stuff should be something special. Not just something anyone can access, like that Rebel Heart VIP hardcover book edition, which was limited.

Anything can be a “mistake” if you are looking to label things right/wrong, etc. Must be so exhausting for folks looking at life that way. 

Excited for the different covers and seems that the Deluxe editions of MDNA, RH and MX are Madonna’s vision for the albums. 

28 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

I’ve heard of a “Les Mis” cover and now you’re talking about the “Frida” cover; can anyone tell me which is which? 😅😅  If you ask me, this should’ve been the only cover; without the MADONNA.

115DD1E5-F661-41AA-B37A-4FEF37ADE056.jpeg

As for the editions issue, I agree it’s pointless to release 3 different ones. The boxset stuff should be something special. Not just something anyone can access, like that Rebel Heart VIP hardcover book edition, which was limited.

It looks a million times better without the New Roman font.

16 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Anything can be a “mistake” if you are looking to label things right/wrong, etc. Must be so exhausting for folks looking at life that way. 

Excited for the different covers and seems that the Deluxe editions of MDNA, RH and MX are Madonna’s vision for the albums. 

Agree that the deluxe editions seem to be her authentic vision for the albums, especially in the case of Rebel Heart and Madame X.

The standard blew me away when I first saw it, still does. 

I think it may be my favorite album cover ever. The multitude of homages and references in what appears to be a very simple picture of her face.

She is such a strong visual artist. 

The standard is not on Spotify.  Is it on other streaming platforms?  Does anyone remember whether the standard version of Rebel Heart was initially on streaming services?  It no longer is.  I know both versions of MDNA used to be on Spotify, but now it’s only the deluxe (and the Nightlife edition).

^The standard was on iTunes- it was ranked in the top 10 initially, and then swiftly made its way don the charts. It's not there any longer?

Still can't get over how the standard edition of RH lacked the title track.

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Yes, that was another plus 🙂

that's why i wanted both. Maybe in the future i'll get the UK one i'm too lazy to wait for it to come and I only like the Funana song from the bonus songs.

Standard cover is stunning. I'm pleased the vinyl used the Frida cover. We rarely get album artwork with dark hair.

7 hours ago, sul8323 said:

My favorite is the other omission.  Looking for Mercy.  I would have skipped the standard version but the cover.  Mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmm.  Breathtaking.

Buy both!

4 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

The standard blew me away when I first saw it, still does. 

I think it may be my favorite album cover ever. The multitude of homages and references in what appears to be a very simple picture of her face.

She is such a strong visual artist. 

I can say the same exact thing about your hole. And yes you may quote me.