Madame X debuts at 1 on the Billboard 200

On 6/30/2019 at 12:38 AM, Who Is That Girl? said:

The music industry as WE know it is DEAD, albums just do not sell anymore.

We must not forget about that.

Madonna knows it since many years ago and thats why she always led the way of improving her branding and name, not just counting in selling records.

She's the tour-master! 

2 hours ago, poprock said:

I'm so happy she hit #1. No one can take that away from her even if the sales decline dramatically from here on out. 

Yes! I am so happy about this! 

Not sure if it was mentioned, but- this week's Entertainment Weekly Bullseye page featured M. Pictured right next to the center is a photo of the MX standard edition, with this text:

Congrats to Madame X for her IXth No. 1.

23 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Not sure if it was mentioned, but- this week's Entertainment Weekly Bullseye page featured M. Pictured right next to the center is a photo of the MX standard edition, with this text:

👍😍😎

27 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Wow, how cute! An unexpected bit of positivity from EW.

6 hours ago, poprock said:

I'm so happy she hit #1. No one can take that away from her even if the sales decline dramatically from here on out. 

And they did. I think it's sitting at number 77 on the BB 200. So outrageous that there is sub standard music that sits on the charts for ages now and a piece of art like MX is ignored. The music industry never ceases to let me down.

36 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

And they did. I think it's sitting at number 77 on the BB 200. 

I always try to be a nice person, but unfortunately I have very little patience when seeing something not understood the way it was intended. 

"No one can take that away from her" is meant to refer to the simple fact that Madame X DID debut at #1 in the USA, regardless of how it performed in the subsequent weeks. I can't believe that had to be explained. 

8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I always try to be a nice person, but unfortunately I have very little patience when seeing something not understood the way it was intended. 

"No one can take that away from her" is meant to refer to the simple fact that Madame X DID debut at #1 in the USA, regardless of how it performed in the subsequent weeks. I can't believe that had to be explained. 

Then you must not have patience for yourself, MLVC was responding to "even if the sales decline from here" or whatever, not " no one can take that away from her."  That would hardly make sense. Also since when did your bitch ass try to be a nice person ya cunt?! But really there was no need for them to point out that it dropped. MX is another brilliant album in her catalogue and yes, another #1. 

15 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I completely understood your post. I was just elaborating on it.

No need to be ugly.

The charts don't bother me, MX is an amazing album, so who cares?

Edited by *mlvc*

Did anyone REALLY expect this to not take such a huge dip? Like mentioned above, nobody buys albums anymore. The fans are too far behind the times and doesn't matter how many editions there are, streams are where its at. Also, the handling of this album has been horrible beside the initial rollout. They were releasing things on Wednesdays, only one televised performance in the US and one in Europe, no major magazine covers aside vogue uk...this is what happens. Add to that her age and the disdain towards her...it was expected. This album is pretty dead already, performance wise, the tour will not help the album at all so its best to have no expectations from here on out. The videos have been great so its best to finally just focus on content. It sucks she's not getting props but oh well. The videos have been the best since the music era and we still have batuka! And hopefully she is filming one for faz and didn't she say she was gonna film I rise on a beach? Or maybe the time video indicates that's been nixed and she's doing the vid for fax. Either way, I'm excited for the output and hopefully we get more cool pics and mixes.

Hopefully, one day, some understand how the charts work (for one, that they have nothing to do with perceived quality) and that M, at 60, and as a provocative, female act, is not going to linger/sustain like she did in her commercial heyday.

MX indeed goes down as a U.S. No. 1 album, in 2019, for Madonna.

Our girl s doing GREAT , it s all about streaming aka to have and not to hold , let the GP just smell we taste WE ve got good taste

On 6/30/2019 at 12:38 AM, Who Is That Girl? said:

The music industry as WE know it is DEAD, albums just do not sell anymore.

I agree.On the positive side, I think they are going to produce more videos per album, as a way of making people hera it /watch it.I know a lot of people that don´t even have spotify, they hear everything from youtube!

1 hour ago, Rebel Saviour said:

So it seems that with the exception of Roger Friedman nobody cared about the drop in the american media. Great. The number one debut is what people will remember.

that jabba the hutt creature still blogs?? ? no clicks from me

Todays charts with the involvement of Youtube Views and streaming mean mothing. Maybe it says something about popularity, but that's it. It does NOT say anything about profitabilty. Considering Youtube and Spotify (and others) pay minimal fees. Spotify pays like 6000 to 8000 Dollars for 1 million streams. The wholesale price for Madame X Standard might be around 8 dollars, the Deluxe around 14 dollars. Now do the math. Even with her low Sales numbers, her revenues are still higher than the majority of acts above her on the charts this week. They wish they had Madonnas numbers. 

she was aware the album would not do very well ..i mean a continuation of american life ...

she knows that album didnt do great - shes not even putting out a promo tour for the album just interviews mostly from the comfort of her own home lol 

what worries me a bit about this era is it seems her a chunk of her actual fan base have turned their noses up at her especially in the uk ..they have not even bought the album to support her - i also think the theatre tour has turned her fans off with the prices etc ..

Edited by trickyricky

3 minutes ago, Coladonna said:

That’s only in your mind

no its not i do feel a lot of fans were turned off by the partly non english maluma collab then the crave collab etc etc ..it gave the wrong impression of the album in the uk  to be honest !she has not in my opinion recorded a album a huge chunk of her fan base want but i think that is a good thing for her as a artist 

Rebel- there also was that deplorable female who picked up on Friedman's inaccurate article and ran an article of her own, that was equally assinine. And I believe New York Post Page Six, unsurprisingly, followed suit. But, yes. 🙂

2 hours ago, fuzzydream said:

no its not i do feel a lot of fans were turned off by the partly non english maluma collab then the crave collab etc etc ..it gave the wrong impression of the album in the uk  to be honest !she has not in my opinion recorded a album a huge chunk of her fan base want but i think that is a good thing for her as a artist 

partly non English Maluma collab. I ...

On 7/3/2019 at 4:10 PM, Showdown said:

Did anyone REALLY expect this to not take such a huge dip? Like mentioned above, nobody buys albums anymore. The fans are too far behind the times and doesn't matter how many editions there are, streams are where its at. Also, the handling of this album has been horrible beside the initial rollout. They were releasing things on Wednesdays, only one televised performance in the US and one in Europe, no major magazine covers aside vogue uk...this is what happens. Add to that her age and the disdain towards her...it was expected. This album is pretty dead already, performance wise, the tour will not help the album at all so its best to have no expectations from here on out. The videos have been great so its best to finally just focus on content. It sucks she's not getting props but oh well. The videos have been the best since the music era and we still have batuka! And hopefully she is filming one for faz and didn't she say she was gonna film I rise on a beach? Or maybe the time video indicates that's been nixed and she's doing the vid for fax. Either way, I'm excited for the output and hopefully we get more cool pics and mixes.

This! Thank you for ejecting some intelligence into this thread. I agree 100%. As much as we love her, we should not be in the clouds. We should be rooted in reality. She has given us so much this era. Let's focus on that. We've been through this before. Not sure why people are surprised.

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

This! Thank you for ejecting some intelligence into this thread. I agree 100%. As much as we love her, we should not be in the clouds. We should be rooted in reality. She has given us so much this era. Let's focus on that. We've been through this before. Not sure why people are surprised.

Plus to top it all off there is a HUGE monopoly on streaming...i mean look at drake! They were all caught faking their numbers on tidal yet now hes next to surpass madonna in top 10s...charts are pretty inaccurate nowadays!

9 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Rebel- there also was that deplorable female who picked up on Friedman's inaccurate article and ran an article of her own, that was equally assinine. And I believe New York Post Page Six, unsurprisingly, followed suit. But, yes. 🙂

What about TMZ? 

1 minute ago, HolidayGuy said:

Days after this week's charts were posted, Forbes now has an article on the album having the fourth-largest drop from No. 1 in history., Oy. 🤣

But it was no.1 in 60! countries

Something like that 🙂

Billboard didn't report on that stat, as far as I know, which means someone trolled the forums to do the article. I didn't click on it, but aren't Forbes writers contributors? That, or that sad excuse Roger Friedman put a word in.

The only thing that bothers me is that she didn't promote it really at least in the US , this means she doesn't care about sales anymore? And that reminds me of a rumor I heard on the radio right after the VMAs with Britney and Christina ,that she caught up saying that she doesn't care about the music business anymore