Madame X debuts at 1 on the Billboard 200

True.... no justice for all the No. 2 albums that debuted then.... how I wish all of her no. 2s were all No. 1s.... it would be astonishing and astounding that no female artist have more no. 1 albums than madonna.... but you can't change history.... so I accepted this... 🤢

12 minutes ago, lasky said:

True.... no justice for all the No. 2 albums that debuted then.... how I wish all of her no. 2s were all No. 1s.... it would be astonishing and astounding that no female artist have more no. 1 albums than madonna.... but you can't change history.... so I accepted this... 🤢

Its kind of relative. Babs got started *20 years before M yet only has 2 more #1s. And she released a *sh*tload of albums esp in the 60s and 70s. I mean...a LOT! lol Babs has like 34 top 10 albums (yet 'only' 11 #1s). And Barbra was absolutely separate...very separate kinds of music and performer to M but equal in many ways to M far as popularity during her 60s and 70s peak. Like I said, I'd love it if the 2 of them stayed exactly where they're at but ain't happening. While streaming I think was only for the Hot 100 at first in 2013 (that's fine) but w/ it now equally as much of a factor w/ albums, in 10 years (maybe less) the 'name's of who will most likely surpass M and Barbara..an emoji won't cover it lol! 

Ray Of Light during the release set a record for the biggest first week sales by a female artist in Sounscan era (1991-present) with 371,000 units sold. But Titanic OST was massive, fresh from Oscar fever and Celine’s ubiquitous MHWGO. 

Shows you why charts shouldn't be the symbol of anything. We are living in a world where ROL and IC were number two albums while MDNA and HardCandy were number ones. There are too many factors in play. These days it is worse with streaming. Billie or whatever she is called stayed in the top ten with like 4000 pure sales but streaming made it 22000 or so. Lil Nas will probably do same next week. None of it makes sense.

3 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Ray of Light was held off at no 2 by Titanic soundtrack, the biggest selling album in 1998 

Oh right!

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Its kind of relative. Babs got started *20 years before M yet only has 2 more #1s. And she released a *sh*tload of albums esp in the 60s and 70s. I mean...a LOT! lol Babs has like 34 top 10 albums (yet 'only' 11 #1s). And Barbra was absolutely separate...very separate kinds of music and performer to M but equal in many ways to M far as popularity during her 60s and 70s peak. Like I said, I'd love it if the 2 of them stayed exactly where they're at but ain't happening. While streaming I think was only for the Hot 100 at first in 2013 (that's fine) but w/ it now equally as much of a factor w/ albums, in 10 years (maybe less) the 'name's of who will most likely surpass M and Barbara..an emoji won't cover it lol! 

That's just me rambling... lol.

well deserved. This album is brilliant and also deserving of some grammy nods as well. Let's see if there is justice. Congrats Madonna. See you on tour in New York and Miami. Will be taking  my parents as an early Christmas gift in December  . Although casual listeners in her early years  and for the most part unfamiliar with her more recent work , are thrilled to see her live for the first time after hearing about me recount over the years my numerous tour experiences and the magic she brings to the stage with each production. 

34 minutes ago, acko said:

I need my album of the year nom.

I was thinking of that earlier. I know we hate awards and the Grammys are the worst ever etc. etc. but really Madame X is MADE for Grammy nominations. 

10 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

^Fourth-largest sales week for a female this year (excluding A Star is Born, which is also credited to Bradley Cooper). Ones with higher sums:

* Billie Ellish: 170,000

* Ariana Grande: 116,000

* Pink: 95,000

Isn't Pink the biggest mystery in pop history. She sells loads for so many years and frankly she's never in news or commented or whatever.

Having a number 2 may mean big success too, mind. ROL and TIC but also many singles. It's not always the debut but the long run. And with Faz Gustoso or God Control she may bring many surprises to the unaware general public.

2 hours ago, Madsexy18 said:

well deserved. This album is brilliant and also deserving of some grammy nods as well. Let's see if there is justice. Congrats Madonna. See you on tour in New York and Miami. Will be taking  my parents as an early Christmas gift in December  . Although casual listeners in her early years  and for the most part unfamiliar with her more recent work , are thrilled to see her live for the first time after hearing about me recount over the years my numerous tour experiences and the magic she brings to the stage with each production. 

That s so beautiful , it a family affair , love it .

That's so cool. And the best thing is that the numbers are quite respectable in this day and age and without a hit single or a visible song on the radio. the decline is not that sharp compared to Rebel Heart. Hopefully she will manage to pull off 1 million WW in the end.

With a hit single ( I don't know how she could have one at this time and age), she could have even bigger numbers, compared to the young stars.

Hopefully there would be other N1 WW.

3 hours ago, acko said:

I need my album of the year nom.

Not holding my breath

Shammies are more commercial recently and shaded M in the past

MX would need to be a big seller, if they would consider it

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Isn't Pink the biggest mystery in pop history. She sells loads for so many years and frankly she's never in news or commented or whatever.

Shes safe as fuck and so appeals to middle America

:lol:

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/madonnas-madame-x-ninth-number-one-album-on-billboard-200.html

Don’t Go for Second Best, Baby: Madonna’s Madame X Her Ninth Number One Album

By Halle Kiefer @hallekiefer

23-Madonna-Madame-X.w330.h330.2x.jpg

Did Madame Bouvier ever have a number one pop album? How about Madame Curie? While all of the other mesdames struggle to produce even one hit, Madonna’s new album Madame X has debuted at the top of the Billboard 200. The stellar debut earned Madge her ninth number one album out of her forty-year, fourteen studio album career.

Madame X joins Madonna’s 2012 album MDNA, as well as 2008’s Hard Candy, 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floor, 2003’s American Life, 2000’s Music, 1989’s Like a Prayer, 1986’s True Blue and 1985’s Like a Virgin, at the top of the charts. Meanwhile, Madame Tussaud not only has zero bops, but has to stock all her museums with at least one wax statue of Madonna. Just humiliating.

This is the type of news I live for. This is what dreams are made of.

MADONNA HAS ANOTHER #1 ALBUM.

It’s so good to type that.

Madonna came through for us with the album and we came through for her.

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

She's definitely the biggest something in pop history but I'm not sure it'd be a mystery because she is frankly too boring for that description.

P!nk is so bland it 's offensive.

She's the American solo equivalent of Roxette.

Imagine if they (P!nk and Roxette)  went on tour with Anastacia and Robbie Williams performing Tina Turners 'Foreign Affair' album.

giphy.gif