Madame X debuts at 1 on the Billboard 200

IT'S OFFICIAL! Madame X debuts at 1 with 95,000 units (90,000 in album sales)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8517120/madonna-madame-x-No1-debut-billboard-200-chart

X marks the No. 1 spot.

Madonna lands her ninth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart as Madame X enters atop the tally. The set, released via Interscope Records on June 14, launches with 95,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending June 20, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 90,000 were in album sales.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units are comprised of traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new June 29-dated chart, where Madame X bows at No. 1, will be posted in full on Billboard's websites on June 25.

Overall, Madame X’s debut sum of 95,000 equivalent album units is comprised of 90,000 in album sales, 1,000 in TEA units and 4,000 in SEA units.

Madame X grants Madonna her ninth leader on the Billboard 200. She last led the list in 2012, with MDNA. Here’s a look at all of Madonna’s No. 1 albums: Madame XMDNAHard Candy (2008), Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005), American Life (2003), Music (2000), Like a Prayer (1989), True Blue (1986) and Like a Virgin (1985).

Madonna continues to have the second-most No. 1 albums among female artists, trailing only Barbra Streisand, who has 11. Among all acts, The Beatles have the most No. 1s, with 19. They are followed by Jay-Z (14), Streisand and Bruce Springsteen (both with 11), Elvis Presley (10), Eminem, Garth Brooks, Madonna and The Rolling Stones (all with nine).

Madonna is a frequent visitor to the top 10 of the Billboard 200, having notched at least four top 10 albums in each of the last four decades (‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s and ‘10s). Madame X marks her 22nd top 10, and fourth of the ‘10s. Earlier in the decade, she reached the region with her last studio effort, Rebel Heart (No. 2 in 2015), MDNA (No. 1, 2012) and the live album Sticky & Sweet Tour (No. 10, 2010).

Madonna’s first top 10 came nearly 35 years ago, when her self-titled debut album climbed 12-10 on the Oct. 6, 1984-dated chart. It eventually peaked at No. 8 two weeks later (Oct. 20). The diva would place five top 10s in the ‘80s, seven in the ‘90s, six in the ‘00s and now four in the ‘10s.

The Rolling Stones have the most top 10s in the history of the Billboard 200, with 37. They are followed by Streisand (34), The Beatles (32), Frank Sinatra (32), Presley (27), Bob Dylan (22), Madonna (22), George Strait (21), Elton John (20), Paul McCartney/Wings (20) and Springsteen (20).

Madame X’s debut week was comprised of 90,000 in album sales, which is the fourth-largest sales week for an album in 2019 by a woman. The album’s sales were bolstered by a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer with the Queen of Pop’s upcoming theater tour (starting on Sept. 12 in New York at Brooklyn's Howard Gilman Opera House), as well as an array of merchandise/album bundles sold via her official website.

Madame X was led by the track “Medellín,” with Maluma, which climbs 2-1 on the Dance Club Songs chart dated June 29, marking Madonna’s 47th leader on the tally. (The chart, like the Billboard 200, will refresh on Billboard’s website on Tuesday, June 25.) “Medellín” also reached the top 20 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.

Before Madame X dropped, four more preview cuts were issued: “I Rise,” “Future,” with Quavo, “Crave,” with Swae Lee, and “Dark Ballet.” “Crave” recently debuted on the Adult Contemporary airplay chart, and holds at No. 15 on the most recently published list (dated June 22). 

Congratulations Queen! Let's celebrate!:clap::clap::clap:

Risultati immagini per Madonna madame x gif

Risultati immagini per Madonna madame x gif

Immagine correlata

A big thank you to all our beloved American fans who made this possible!

Victory! And yes! Keep streaming. 

I've used 2 accounts and have racked up 900 streams since Friday from the UK. Have ya'll been doing your bit across the pond? 

and Medellin makes it 47 #1 Dance Songs!

I have no doubt "I Rise" & "God Control" will follow suit if they ever release that Tracy Young remix, followed by Pride

16 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Now keep streaming so next week's drop doesn't get another headline ! 

Well streaming makes up a very small portion as the article states. The only way to avoid a huge fall would be to buy more copies 

4 minutes ago, Cesky said:

Well streaming makes up a very small portion as the article states. The only way to avoid a huge fall would be to buy more copies 

True! By gifts for friends! Xmas, Thanksgiving is coming up!

Madonna should add more dates in the US. And more dates mean more bundles.😀 Her American fans deserve it! I am sure that hitting number one in her home country means a lot to her and that she is ecstatic now!

32 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Victory! And yes! Keep streaming. 

I've used 2 accounts and have racked up 900 streams since Friday from the UK. Have ya'll been doing your bit across the pond? 

That’s great but actually, 900 streams would mean 0.5 album sale in the US... The only way to make her chart well next week is literally to buy the album. Any version of it.

1 sale is 1 sale.

1500 streams are 1 sale.

... 😞

fantastic news! I’m so damn happy and proud of her

23 minutes ago, Aries said:

and Medellin makes it 47 #1 Dance Songs!

I have no doubt "I Rise" & "God Control" will follow suit if they ever release that Tracy Young remix, followed by Pride

She has the potential to reach 50 number ones this era! Crazy!

32 minutes ago, Cesky said:

So buy another copy :lmao: 

Amazing! Congrats to Madonna--so well deserved!

A number one album is not at all easy to achieve in the US. It's a huge feat, and shows how incredible her fans are, to hit the top with 9 of them.

Just ask Rihanna's, Mariah Carey's and Whitney's teams how hard #1 is. 😑

Guest jamesshot

She has had such bad luck with many of her albums and singles. So many that should have reached #1 and were stopped by some random phenom. Not this time!