Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

"You're going to have to be more specific". Madame X annihilates Dutch interviewer


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, elijah said:

I think her PR handled it stupidly. I think she should have been allowed to answer and answer it honestly. I still think it got something to do with the technics, she probably couldn't hear herself. He should have been more pushy and hopefully she knows she fucked up this performance.

Yes, they should let him ask her, M answering to him and then edit and cut everything for the broadcast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Nick said:

You have a way with words!:lol:

LOL. Forgive me. I was just irritated reading posts worrying about what the GP think about Madonna's character. 40 odd years later? The dye is cast. I am glad she can be cold one minute and warm the next but always engaging. That is how I like my superstars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I wish M or her people can read this forum. I was in awe by some of the passionate discussions here.. we are a bunch of people who deeply care about her and yet offer the most sincere advice. Supporting without agreeing to everything. Idk but she seems to be more sensitive in this era than before. I have seen her handled questions and scandals very well say, during Guy years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lolo said:

Because the LFL performance was actually engaging and she pulled through like the professional trooper she is. Plus it wasn’t really her fault the cape didn’t open as planned. 

Whereas the ESC performance  felt like such an odd ball and her vocals didn’t help. It all seemed unrehearsed and - considering her usual level of professionalism - subpar. It comes across as more of a personal failure, even though it maybe wasn’t, but since no one asks we will never know. 

No, the whole thing was a wrong choice for that audience

The nocals during LAP were just one part of the problem

The bigger issue was to follow that with complite autotuned slowish song with dark and gloomy set with stoned looking american rapper

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

No, the whole thing was a wrong choice for that audience

The nocals during LAP were just one part of the problem

The bigger issue was to follow that with complite autotuned slowish song with dark and gloomy set with stoned looking american rapper

Yep! That dark and wrong LAP followed by Future was the most inappropriate setlist for a live TV show like Eurovision. 

She would so easily recycle some Vogue choreography followed by Medellin rehearsed for Billboard (even with no holograms and Maluma on screens) and would have been easier and had more positive impact. 

Oh well, we're talking the talk...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The way she just EVISCERATED him at the end, I- :lmao:He sounded so smug and pompous at the end, so I'm happy he got shut down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 3:42 PM, Genevieve Vavance said:

and he was really rude by the end with the eyepatch thingie, what a stupid ass question was that?

That's typical dutch hahaha don't think it was rude he should have asked the esc question like that

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I guess we are embellishing a bit here. I didn't see where Madonna or the interviewer got nasty with one another.  If I was looking for any shade it would be within the "in between clips" where he showed in a past interview, she seemed to be frustrated with him.  I didn't see the same going on here or see any death stare after he asked about Eurovision. Obviously, he could have asked his question better since he danced about the question he really wanted to ask.  Though, the way he was cut off, I figured that was a conversation her people didn't want her to get into.  I didn't even see anything wrong with how he asked about the eye patch.  By the end of the interview, Madonna seemed friendly and so was the interviewer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Amelia said:

I guess we are embellishing a bit here. I didn't see where Madonna or the interviewer got nasty with one another.  If I was looking for any shade it would be within the "in between clips" where he showed in a past interview, she seemed to be frustrated with him.  I didn't see the same going on here or see any death stare after he asked about Eurovision. Obviously, he could have asked his question better since he danced about the question he really wanted to ask.  Though, the way he was cut off, I figured that was a conversation her people didn't want her to get into.  I didn't even see anything wrong with how he asked about the eye patch.  By the end of the interview, Madonna seemed friendly and so was the interviewer.  

The whole report starts off with a gloating I'm gonna ask Madonna about Eurovision today. And then he comes out with 'There was discussion'. Gurl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. Watching it again, it seems pretty clear she either remembers or was reminded of their last encounter, which, as he highlights himself, showed him being an asshole the first time around. She had every reason to give him the death stare, and that petulant little Dutch pride jab! He really was ineffective if his intention was to get her to address her vocal performance at Eurovision. I kept trying to see it as him being kind by skirting the matter and allowing room for her to offer her own response, but it was his final interview, and it was pretty spineless to then edit the piece to make her look evil and hypersensitive!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JR! said:

I enjoyed this interview and loved that he was gay and had the balls to ask her about Eurovision! 

he didn t ask he was round&round like a passive (agressive) circle

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, acko said:

The whole report starts off with a gloating I'm gonna ask Madonna about Eurovision today. And then he comes out with 'There was discussion'. Gurl. 

Indeed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, acko said:

The whole report starts off with a gloating I'm gonna ask Madonna about Eurovision today. And then he comes out with 'There was discussion'. Gurl. 

 

:rotfl: :chuckle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
12 hours ago, acko said:

The whole report starts off with a gloating I'm gonna ask Madonna about Eurovision today. And then he comes out with 'There was discussion'. Gurl. 

Yes, I noted the shade when he was setting up the interview and the way he made sure to show her getting testy with him in a past interview, but I don't see Madonna giving him a death stare or even giving him a hard time or vice versa during this actual interview. She and he seemed to be going along quite well and then he brought up Eurovision. He was cut off, so he didn't get a chance to clarify his question.  Obviously, he worded it awkwardly, but is he lying?  I assumed he meant criticism (using the word "discussion" instead). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in his last interview with her asked her what it was like to be a middle aged woman.... 

he always seems intent on offending the people he’s interviewing! And he does this with everyone. He gets on everyone’s nerves. And on mine which is why I never watch his shows. It’s okay to ask hard hitting questions and be critical, but he always comes across as some shady, bitter, backhanded evil queen. Must be a personality thing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy was a little weasel when he interviewed her in '05......a bigger weasel in '08 when he co-signed w/mybrotherchristopher about M and still a weasel in '19. He's lucky M was so nice to him. One of those gays that would smile in your face and stab you in the back in .5 seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Amelia said:

 Obviously, he worded it awkwardly, but is he lying?  I assumed he meant criticism (using the word "discussion" instead). 

No he deliberately used that word to stay on the surface and avoid a dreaded accusatory phrasing starting with 'You'.. But The Demonna saw through it as if he were bathing in windex and made his testicles undescend and that was that... The bitch reporter decided to talk about the Dutch winner instead when asked to specify his question... Cuz what? 'TIMES UP'. Oh. or in this case saved by the bell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, robster said:

Well, in his last interview with her asked her what it was like to be a middle aged woman.... 

he always seems intent on offending the people he’s interviewing! And he does this with everyone. He gets on everyone’s nerves. And on mine which is why I never watch his shows. It’s okay to ask hard hitting questions and be critical, but he always comes across as some shady, bitter, backhanded evil queen. Must be a personality thing!

This!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, acko said:

No he deliberately used that word to stay on the surface and avoid a dreaded accusatory phrasing starting with 'You'.. But The Demonna saw through it as if he were bathing in windex and made his testicles undescend and that was that... The bitch reporter decided to talk about the Dutch winner instead when asked to specify his question... Cuz what? 'TIMES UP'. Oh. or in this case saved by the bell. 

Exactly.

Come on guys. This guy is not stupid. Look at his interview with her in 2005 :rotfl:this is his shtick. Trying to make famous ppl look bad. But it's hard to do that when you literally have no balls. He flopped. Plain and simple. Once again homegirl got the last laugh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

×
×
  • Create New...