Great new Madonna interview with Mojo (Edit: Added the missing page!)

Amazing interview. What a great read and what a kinda sad feeling I had when I read that she was reluctant making albums in the last decade. I felt this a lot, but now we have her confirmation. The next decade will be even more harder for us, especially, I just wish to be inspired and still making music in one way or another. About her directing projects, almost no one will really care, except if they are at least as good as W.E. 

3 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Amazing interview. What a great read and what a kinda sad feeling I had when I read that she was reluctant making albums in the last decade. I felt this a lot, but now we have her confirmation. The next decade will be even more harder for us, especially, I just wish to be inspired and still making music in one way or another. About her directing projects, almost no one will really care, except if they are at least as good as W.E. 

It’s hard.

but I do want Madonna to be true to herself. If she’s not inspired to make music, I don’t want her to do it. If she really wants to get better at filmmaking, I want her to try. It sounds corny but I just want the woman to enjoy herself. 

Madame X is a stunning moment in more ways than 1. It demonstrates her talents and instincts in a way that we haven’t heard in many years. If it’s one of her last musical statements, well I could not be more proud.

I don't think Madonna's music means nearly as much to Madonna as it does to us.  Super sad to read that she was reluctant to record her last 3 albums.  I felt like she was extremely inspired when she recorded music for Rebel Heart, at least until the leaks.  Maybe they ruined it.  But before that, she recorded like 37 brand new songs with some of the most thoughtful lyrics and beautiful melodies she's ever created.  Rebel Heart is my all-time favorite album (pretty much tied with Erotica), but I almost think less of it after reading this.  

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think Madonna's music means nearly as much to Madonna as it does to us.  Super sad to read that she was reluctant to record her last 3 albums.  I felt like she was extremely inspired when she recorded music for Rebel Heart, at least until the leaks.  Maybe they ruined it.  But before that, she recorded like 37 brand new songs with some of the most thoughtful lyrics and beautiful melodies she's ever created.  Rebel Heart is my all-time favorite album (pretty much tied with Erotica), but I almost think less of it after reading this.  

Don't feel less of it Bill. Music for any individual is how they themselves as the listener feel about it.  We can only thank Madonna for making music that reaches us and gives us joy. 

Looking for  Mercy has completely captivated and emotionally reached me and is my favourite song of any song from the past 4 years. It was not even on the standard edition. Does not effect my absolute love for it. 

Don't let anything change your authentic wonderful love for music or songs you love.  

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

Don't feel less of it Bill. Music for any individual is how they themselves as the listener feel about it.  We can only thank Madonna for making music that reaches us and gives us joy. 

Looking for  Mercy has completely captivated and emotionally reached me and is my favourite song of any song from the past 4 years. It was not even on the standard edition. Does not effect my absolute love for it. 

Don't let anything change your authentic wonderful love for music or songs you love.  

Well put.

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

My favorite Stevie Nicks album is Rock A Little which she basically recorded in a haze of cocaine and rarely gets any love from critics or the artist herself.  Rebel Heart is a wonderful album with some career highlights.

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

👏