Madonna NYC Pride thread

4 hours ago, Royal T said:

So what is the real setlist? Or we don’t know yet? 

I don’t remember the order but I Rise, American Life, Vogue, and Future. This is what we know at this point. 

12 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Nope but then she also shouldn’t hold it against anyone if her message doesn’t go over with her audience the way she’d like it to

I doubt she will. I pretty sure she's oblivious to the Eurovision reaction or just doesn't care. Her choice of Pride songs show that.

Rumors say she's rehearsing a rock/nu-metal version of Vogue

19 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

I don’t remember the order but I Rise, American Life, Vogue, and Future. This is what we know at this point. 

Sounds perfect to me.

Not religious. Very political. Groovy enough.

One of the rauhofer mixes of American life performed live would actually be pretty epic. Vogue is obviously always great and I think I rise has an appropriate UPLIFTING message in either the original or remixed form. To me, Future is really the only dud in that list mainly because I just think it’s a bit blah of a song

8 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

One of the rauhofer mixes of American life performed live would actually be pretty epic. Vogue is obviously always great and I think I rise has an appropriate UPLIFTING message in either the original or remixed form. To me, Future is really the only dud in that list mainly because I just think it’s a bit blah of a song

Please please please let her stay away from ANY fucking generic remixes. Rauhofer (RIP), Tracy Young, Offer Nissim... the absolute worst.

Why alter any classic original mixes like American Life or Medellin?

I PRAY that she uses none of those on the tour.

7 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

Please please please let her stay away from ANY fucking generic remixes. Rauhofer, Tracy Young, Offer Nissim... the absolute worst.

Why alter any classic original mixes like American Life or Medellin?

I PRAY that she uses none of those on the tour.

To each their own 🤷‍♂️ Relatively speaking, the rauhofer mixes of American life sound like fucking ART compared to the fifteen years of shit mixes that came after that era. And we’re not talking about versions to use on tour, we’re talking about versions to use at a pride circuit party...in which case, we go back to the original album version of American life going over with an absolute thud in that specific context. 

Just now, strictmachine said:

To each their own 🤷‍♂️ Relatively speaking, the rauhofer mixes of American life sound like fucking ART compared to the fifteen years of shit mixes that came after that era. And we’re not talking about versions to use on tour, we’re talking about versions to use at a pride circuit party...in which case, we go back to the original album version of American life going over with an absolute thud in that specific context. 

I agree. AL was the last era of good mixes. Confessions had a few good ones but they could have been better.

And yes, remixes would be appropriate for this event. I remember Whitney Houston did Pride 20 years ago and did remixes. The crowd ate that shit up.

38 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

Sure. But not every gay is the same. For me, the original American Life would be special in every situation, be it tour or pride.

Never said every gay is the same. But if I had to place money on what the majority of gays attending a pride circuit party at world pride would prefer or expect, I would bet the fucking house on a remixed version of American life vs the original. It’s not my preference either, quite frankly. I adore the original and always have since the first time I heard it. But that’s completely beside the point. 

1 minute ago, Musicinferno said:

I have to admit that Rauhofer did some good remixes back in the day ... no comparison to Tracy Young and Offer Nissim..

K well you’re the one that brought them up and equated them with each other. 

I love the foghorn synth on the AL Rauhofer mix. Great mix.

The problem really is future. I don't mind it on the album but it's really nothing better than an interlude. We've seen it live and it's just flat.

Oh well. 

Can't wait to see what she does with Vogue!

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I doubt she will. I pretty sure she's oblivious to the Eurovision reaction 

She wasn't. Hence the edited YouTube clip and her thinly veiled, defiant hashtags and posts in the days following the perf.

If she is cooking up something really cutting edge and unique for pride that somehow manages to dress up the dreadful American Life into something powerful and alluring then fine. But like @GOD likes to say, you can't polish a turd. 

Being stubborn and doubling down on decisions that put your performing ability in doubt may make Madonna seem like a STRONG INDEPENDENT UNCOMPROMISING ARTISTE but it doesn't always make for quality viewing.

Other Americans have said this: we took Eurovision on the chin, shielded a bit from the devastating reaction it got in Europe. We didn't realize the damage that did until the days after. Now, Pride is lower stakes, but we're not out here trying to get our worst fears realized after watching Madonna drop the ball on Eurovision. We're hoping that was just a spasm of poor decision making.

All we ask is that she showcase this album better, and uplift the gay community on an important day. We're really just asking for fucking crumbs here, truth be told. 

4 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I love the foghorn synth on the AL Rauhofer mix. Great mix.

The problem really is future. I don't mind it on the album but it's really nothing better than an interlude. We've seen it live and it's just flat.

Oh well. 

Can't wait to see what she does with Vogue!

Yes the better mix of the two for sure! I do like Future as a song, it just doesn’t make for the most exciting performance, especially in this particular setting. I could see it working mixed into a tour setlist but not one of these smaller performances

3 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

Wait!! Only 4 songs?? Ok that’s a shitty setlist. Exempt Vogue off course.

30 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Wait!! Only 4 songs?? Ok that’s a shitty setlist. Exempt Vogue off course.

Yes. That was actually a big reason why some started worrying about how this will be received (because Kylie Mino-one apparently did a big long concert last year at this event). If you’re only going to be on stage for 20 minutes, are Future and American Life worth including... we’ll see, I guess! 

I do hope that she’s doing the remix version for I Rise, at least. And hopefully a nice remix for American Life also.

9 hours ago, Musicinferno said:

I have to admit that Rauhofer did some good remixes back in the day ... no comparison to Tracy Young and Offer Nissim..

Yes he's very good with Madonna remixes! 

He was the lsat DJ I use to go out to hear and dance to his music. Sucks he died young.