Madonna NYC Pride thread

Just now, FeTuoni said:

It’s like she’s afraid of the stage.

can you imagine her dancing like this on stage?

Seriously, some of you should stop following Madonna for a year and go stans for any of the current pop singers. It will allow you to learn what it means to be stiff, to sing badly and not to be entertaining. Maybe you can come back to this forum later and appreciate what she still offers us 37 years in the business. 

Guest jamesshot

I've noticed the whole "she is stiff, can't dance" narrative from haters. 

They want their faves to take Madonna's place and feel that won't happen without bringing Madonna down. 

She gave a great performance and she just made one of the best albums of her career. The trolls are obvious and unsophisticated, so tired and boring.   Enjoy the music, it will outlive all the noise. 

Just now, Simo9jo said:

She gave a great performance and she just made one of the best albums of her career. The trolls are obvious and unsophisticated, so tired and boring.   Enjoy the music, it will outlive all the noise. 

This... So much this!

The performance was overwhelmingly loved by both fans and casuals, and she is giving us so much this era, 37 years into her career. Ignore the noise!

I wouldn't be surprised if she has anxiety for real..  she gets nervous but that's always been the case, I think she said that many times. however, I think she was not as nervous at pride, because she's in an environment with people she loves. (compared to Eurovision or award shows)

and it's nice to see here chill and loosen up 🙂

3 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yeah she was fabulous. End of story. Dunno how anyone can say otherwise. 

She was cute and awesome like always. I’m head over heels in love. 

10 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

Hearing her play American Life for the first time in like 15 years is just so amazing...

Before Madame X dropped, never thought would have heard American Life again. 

Hoping for the upcoming tour Madonna performs some AL album tracks.🙏

3 hours ago, alanuk said:

LOL! I agree.

I also agree with what someone had said earlier about often the backing track being too loud, whereas we could hear her this time. I would love Madonna to bring back having her back up singers beside her supporting her and a change of band or musical director. I know a lot of us hark back to that amazing Girlie Show band, or DWT. 

Yep that Girlie Show band I wonder what God Control would sound like hahah must be like heaven.

There were 2 back up singers if I am not mistaken at pride 

33 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Twerking upside down must be the cause of her anxiety 

Too much blood in her head and silicone in her ass

Some of the absolute BS and trash that comes out of peoples fingers on these forums is disgusting. You are the exact opposite of what Madonna promotes. 

AL and God Control are my favorite from the performance, just wonderful, so well done, this is Madonna 2019 and I am in awe. Did not expect the staging and choreography for I Rise! I loved that!! The typewriter noises in Vogue, brilliant. She delivered another fantastic performance start to finish really. I'm so lucky to be on this journey with her. 

7 hours ago, dollhouse said:

suspicious post

There is nothing suspicious about my post. I've been a member a year, I'm no troll.  I'm simply stating a fact.  If you compare how amazing Madonna sang on the rebel heart tour to Eurovision and NYC pride, there is a massive difference.  This is a forum and everybody including me is entitled to an opinion.  I'm not trashing Madonna but something seems off.  

6 hours ago, cocolattee said:

nobody is entitled to anything and I've said a million times that I am very thankful for everything she is doing, I love the album and I'm glad she still keep speaking her mind and give us new and exciting material everytime, without becoming a boring greatest hits artist and just getting cash from her old records

still, I wonder why she holds back so much when it comes to her dancing on stage, since she's still very healthy and active, it's a legitimate question and I don't mean to disrespect her

she has one eye covered.  that's why she can't move properly on stage.  try it yourself

12 hours ago, Andra said:

So today they just closed down madonnainfinity because they couldn't handle the negativity any more, the admin posted a goodbye note. wtf

I see Mtribe going the same route as well sooner or later , it's a long time coming.. It's sad to see what some places that are meant to celebrate the greatest entertainer alive have become.There's so much toxicity.

Anyway thank God for MadonnaNation. And sorry for intrerupting, carry on.

Infinity was the first ever forum I subscribed to, it happened during the 2014 Rebel Heart leak gate and I have to say I felt home there after 5 years. Today I went to connect right back from work and could not, so I looked for the Facebook account to understand what happened and I found it also deleted. Now, reading your post, I'm finally learning what happened. Fighter tried to say that multiple times, it's sad 'cause, believe me, there were many nice people in that community and the media section we built up was really remarkable, but I understand him and respect him. I was on the forum last night, she was on stage and there was a group of guys who wnt on and on talking about her butt implants, I found it unbelievable.

Anyway, yesterday she was flawless for me, absolutely flawless. What I want is good music (the main thing), creativity and boldness, energy (wich doesn't mean always jumping or making flips), vision, fashion and vocals and you know what? I feel in this era I'm really having it all. Yesterday she was politically straight and clear, visually impeccable (the dancers reverse walk flow and finale in I Rise, the staircase repositioning and the little moves with the soldiers during American Life), she took on stage excellent and complex choreos (Vogue was fun and I adored the spies legs moves during the rap part as the theatrical idea of the center stage typewriter, as I found the God Control rendition just perfect and much more energetic than what I would have thought). Vocally I heard some difficulty just in American life, nothing in comparison with the Eurovision version of Like a Prayer (even if I still think the Future part still deserves much more recognition and appreciation, it was soooo good guys), and about her look, listen, respectfully: WHO DOES REALLY GIVE SUCH A CINEMATIC FACE AND BREATHLESS CLOSE UP TODAY? WHO?! She's 61 and I honestly love to see her growing and going on in her artistic path, releasing one of her best album of her entire career, with at least three amazing videos so far.

So maybe the only thing I hope her to focus on more in this moment is her vocal training: also Streisand, who still has a gorgeous and intense voice, from her 60s started to change her crystalline high notes tone, it's absolutely natural, that's why some vocal exercize could help. But what I saw last night had so much quality that I just can't wait to start hearing the first rumours about her next full show

Edited by Stefo

9 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

What’s wrong with people? Madonna is about to be 61 and she’s not super human. Your body goes through changes no matter how healthy you are. It happens to everyone. People’s voices change overtime. You have less stamina. Madonna is doing the unthinkable. Last night’a show was proof of that. She danced, she sang, she brought the theatrics. She went above and beyond. But from now on, there will be limitations. The least we can do is to show this woman, who’s been a machine for 40 years, that we love her and we appreciate her and that we got her back. If you don’t like her artistic choices, FINE, but don’t hate her... time goes by faster than you think. Love her NOW. 

I've been saying this for the longest time. Sometimes it seems like some people have a hard time understanding that M is getting older but that doesn't stop her from delivering killer performance every time. As the time goes by, I've learned to appreciate her more and more in a human level, even in the tiny flaws she might showcase in her performance. I mean, we're so lucky she continues to be such a visionary and an example of an artist who continues to say her truth.