Madonna NYC Pride thread

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

THIS

Her body isn't as lean & toned these last few years so the dancing is limited. Even M admitted she was out of shape in an interview.

Given what she's producing almost 40 years in, the work and dedication and what we've been given as a fanbase, and this is the calibre of post from some people on here. I get that Eurovision was poor, I get that sometimes her team sucks, I get that there are times when she is too stubborn for her own good, but when she puts on a good performance, one that has no obvious problems or things to complain about, we reduce the conversation to critiques on her body?

Some of you really don't deserve her, I said what I said. 

It's cringeworthy and painful to log in here somedays and see some of the "advice" directed her way, god forbid she ever read any of it. With fans like some, she doesn't need haters. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

C'est parfait!!! I just hope a professional video is uploaded from her camp.  But kudos to all those fans who uploaded their own footage. Many of them were pretty decent. 

I agree Vogue was fantastic!!  That typewriter choreography was genius.  I will admit that I wasn't sure about American Life when I heard it was on the set list, but it was great to hear it live again.  God Control (and the boots) so perfect.  I Rise was a perfect ending. 

To those who are criticizing her vocals, need to take a seat!!  One of the things I loved about the Pride performances you could actually hear her sing live.  In many of her live performances anymore, the backing tracks are so much louder and she's just singing along with the track. Here, you can actually hear her LIVE voice. I actually thought she sounded pretty good.  I prefer to hear the imperfections. That's all part of the LIVE experience. If I wanted to hear her sing it just like the record, I would put on the record.  I think some fans need to check out her first four or five tours where you could actually hear her sing live without all the backing tracks and post production on her vocals for the live concert videos. 

I thought Madonna's performance was awesome! I don't understand people complaining about her voice and dancing. She's only human she's almost 61 and she has kids.. 

4 minutes ago, Carey said:

No lies detected here.

1 hour ago, cocolattee said:

I know that a lot of people will jump on me for saying this but watching the show, although I enjoy it as a whole and I love that she brought back AL, I can't help but think how stiff and wooden she has become on stage. After the MDNA tour her performances have changed quite drastically, she moves very little and even the little she does, she seems uncomfortable and almost afraid to move. Obviously her age is a factor but even though she doesn't train as hard as she used to, she's still a very active person (she even rides horses) so it surprises me to see how little she does on stage. Even that "I dont search I find" video she posted on Instagram a few days ago shows she still has the moves!! So why not show more on stage??

The record is easily one of her best but her live performances this era have been very underwhelming in my opinion...

Yeah pretty much another one here who will jump on you for this shitty post.You found her stiff?? How little she does on stage??!  WTF?? Did we watch the same performance?! 

1 minute ago, peppermint said:

Yeah pretty much another one here who will jump on you for this shitty post.You found her stiff?? How little she does on stage??!  WTF?? Did we watch the same performance?! 

I don't know what is stiff about dancing up and down stairs and climbing tables and chairs and hanging her legs over bars 

The setlist and the performance including the vocals were fine. Some imperfections always happen.

On her tour, we‘re going to celebrate her and everything she has given us over the last three and a half decades as she deserves.

I find it incredible that there are fans complaining about this era and claiming that it is focused on her creams and children and not on their music.

I remember you..

. Madame x her best album in ten years, I would say that one of the best of her career..

. Amazing reviews.

.one of the best videos of her career ( God control)

.videos for each song.

.visually impeccable.

.spectacular photos

. number one in 60 countries on itunes.

. number one in Usa once again (singing in Spanish and Portuguese)

...promotion in apple, Spotify, Snapchat, instagram ...

has made a spectacular record without thinking about sales, reaching out to young people, sounding on radios, sHe has done what he wanted, he took a risk and she gave us a gift to her fans.

for me Madame x is one of the best eras that Madonna has given us.

the only fault, Eurovision.

It seems that many fans are carried away by the wave of hatred towards Madonna that reigns in the media and social networks .. a shame .. in the end they will get away with it.

valuing her yesterday performance  for videos of poor quality

6 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I don't know what is stiff about dancing up and down stairs and climbing tables and chairs and hanging her legs over bars 

LOL! I agree.

I also agree with what someone had said earlier about often the backing track being too loud, whereas we could hear her this time. I would love Madonna to bring back having her back up singers beside her supporting her and a change of band or musical director. I know a lot of us hark back to that amazing Girlie Show band, or DWT. 

9 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Yeah this and a few other people going on about her vocals, I just nodded my head in shame.  Never mind, these people are watching low quality videos where I haven't seen one where the sound was perfect yet.  Still, I'm not stupid and blind that I've heard some imperfections, but where have these fans been her whole career? Even the biggest stan, will admit she never was the greatest live singer.  With the last few tours, technology have only helped give the allusion that she sings great when a lot of it has been backing tracks and vocal production. Still, what I heard in the videos uploaded of Pride, she sounded pretty damn good.  But like I mentioned, if I wanted to hear her studio voice, I'd put on one of her records.    

4 minutes ago, peppermint said:

I think was a beautiful performance! We are very lucky, she is giving us an era to remember. I am grateful for her Arts since 1984, we should be here to support her! 

After reading lot of comments here while out, finally I am able to watch it properly, at home, hi fi sound connected blasting out, all of the video clips I can find on YouTube: SHE WAS FAB!!!

Fuck I wish I had been there, what a great show she put together, I am very happy! It has wet even more my appetite to what is in store on the tour!! January and Feb 2020 cannot come soon enough.

Dunno what some of the negative comments posted here are about: did some of you watch the same clips I am watching? Any of you caught the emmagonzales bug by any chance, judging without knowing? Madonna put an incredible show only the legend she is can do! I know at the moment the quality is not super duper, but from what I am seeing and hearing I do not get the absurd criticism that is going on here - the set list was perfection, hands down this was a treat for those lucky to be there

Guest jamesshot
18 minutes ago, Amelia said:

C'est parfait!!! I just hope a professional video is uploaded from her camp.  But kudos to all those fans who uploaded their own footage. Many of them were pretty decent. 

I agree Vogue was fantastic!!  That typewriter choreography was genius.  I will admit that I wasn't sure about American Life when I heard it was on the set list, but it was great to hear it live again.  God Control (and the boots) so perfect.  I Rise was a perfect ending. 

To those who are criticizing her vocals, need to take a seat!!  One of the things I loved about the Pride performances you could actually hear her sing live.  In many of her live performances anymore, the backing tracks are so much louder and she's just singing along with the track. Here, you can actually hear her LIVE voice. I actually thought she sounded pretty good.  I prefer to hear the imperfections. That's all part of the LIVE experience. If I wanted to hear her sing it just like the record, I would put on the record.  I think some fans need to check out her first four or five tours where you could actually hear her sing live without all the backing tracks and post production on her vocals for the live concert videos. 

I haven't read all the replies to the performance but I think some are concerned about her vocals. Everyone here who knows me either online from posting here or in person (and I have met several MNers in person) know I am a huge fan of her voice. Suffice it to say, I think her voice is one of the best in the business. I like her tone, brightness, the color, the range, her lower register is the best in the biz, her versatility. 

Lately, she really seems to struggle a lot, too much, with strength and being in tune. So I am a bit baffled why we haven't heard a truly great vocal from her in a long time. I guess I did hear some good stuff at the MET ball last year with LAP and Hallelujah. I don't want her to start getting a bad rep for her live singing esp when she already has a very unfair rep for bad vocals and lipping. 

Anyway, hope that made sense.

I loved the trench coat look for Vogue. The whole Vogue perf was great. I've only caught a low quality AL and GC so far.

I’m not being negative I just wish she used a bit more backing track to make her vocals richer, I’ve never had an issue with her using backing track or miming (express yourself -BAT)  other than that she looked amazing and the performances  were amazing/

Guest jamesshot
2 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I’m not being negative I just wish she used a bit more backing track to make her vocals richer, I’ve never had an issue with her using backing track or miming (express yourself -BAT)  other than that she looked amazing and the performances  were amazing/

Maybe she isn't doing proper vocal warm ups or training? She doesn't need backing tracks if she has properly warmed up and is getting vocal training throughout a tour such as she did during RIT. She could just use her back up singers for verses or parts she feels her voice isn't up to the task that day. Happens all the time. 

Why do we all need to think as one? Is a forum a place for discussion or a militant space where we all come and get our talking points about each aspect of our fandom? 

(Not to mention, some of the people berating a member or two for respectfully asking questions and giving their opinion are literally complaining about SJWs and related dummies’ authoritarianism in other threads.)

Unreal. 

I enjoyed the performance so much! Can’t believe she’s going to serve AL and Vogue on this tour, I am thrilled. The set list would’ve been stronger with another crowd pleaser and IDSIF, but oh well. Los Angeles cannot come soon enough. 

4 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

I haven't read all the replies to the performance but I think some are concerned about her vocals. Everyone here who knows me either online from posting here or in person (and I have met several MNers in person) know I am a huge fan of her voice. Suffice it to say, I think her voice is one of the best in the business. I like her tone, brightness, the color, the range, her lower register is the best in the biz, her versatility. 

Lately, she really seems to struggle a lot, too much, with strength and being in tune. So I am a bit baffled why we haven't heard a truly great vocal from her in a long time. I guess I did hear some good stuff at the MET ball last year with LAP and Hallelujah. I don't want her to start getting a bad rep for her live singing esp when she already has a very unfair rep for bad vocals and lipping. 

Anyway, hope that made sense.

I loved the trench coat look for Vogue. The whole Vogue perf was great. I've only caught a low quality AL and GC so far.

Struggle?  Sorry, I didn't see her struggling in any of those Pride performances, and while LAP is up for question at Eurovision, I didn't think she struggled much on her last tour and her few live promos for this album so far.  Still, who are we kidding, she's been dragged through the coals about poor live vocals since the 80's.  I personally believe she has shown a lot more strength in her voice in the last 10 or so years than in her earlier career. I guess that might come down to personal opinion, but still I never was under the allusion that she was ever a great vocalist. She's had some very shining moments throughout the years even early on, but for the most part, her vocals are the last thing I complain about these days.  After all, she is 60. 

Guest jamesshot
2 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Struggle?  Sorry, I didn't see her struggling in any of those Pride performances, and while LAP is up for question at Eurovision, I didn't think she struggled much on her last tour and her few live promos for this album so far.  Still, who are we kidding, she's been dragged through the coals about poor live vocals since the 80's.  I personally believe she has shown a lot more strength in her voice in the last 10 or so years than in her earlier career. I guess that might come down to personal opinion, but still I never was under the allusion that she was ever a great vocalist. She's had some very shining moments throughout the years even early on, but for the most part, her vocals are the last thing I complain about these days.  After all, she is 60. 

When I say struggle I don't mean she always struggles. She has been more inconsistent. For sure, she has had some wonderful vocal perf throughout her career and many over the last 10 years. She seems much more inconsistent lately and, because she is so unfairly dragged for her vocals, I feel she could fix it. I'm sure touring so much has taken its toll but we live in the age of the singing talent shows and everyone wants every perf to be vocally "on". I don't but most do. I just feel she could do something to fix it. 

I was just sticking up a bit for some, not all, who were critical of some of the vocals from last night. AL is a very hard song to sing, LOL. Just the way it is written, it doesn't allow for a great vocal anyway. The reason I said "not all" is because there is always too much complaining or negativity about her from her own fans. Though she is not immune from us critiquing her, either. 

OK, rambling over! 😋

2 hours ago, Monsieur X said:

I'm done with the eyepatch. I hope she retires it for the tour. 

I like it. The eyepatch doesn't disfigure her as much as the grillz and the enormous butt pads. I am glad that she got rid of them at the moment.

Guest jamesshot
18 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Ooops, she used autotune in 2003. I guess her voice was gone already back then:

I was in the minority who always liked this song. I always thought the rap was to be taken a certain way, not as her attempt just to rap. I saw it as a withering indictment of the rich in the US. I think AL would have worked better and been a hit if it was more rock like the RIT version. 

55 minutes ago, Carey said:

Given what she's producing almost 40 years in, the work and dedication and what we've been given as a fanbase, and this is the calibre of post from some people on here. I get that Eurovision was poor, I get that sometimes her team sucks, I get that there are times when she is too stubborn for her own good, but when she puts on a good performance, one that has no obvious problems or things to complain about, we reduce the conversation to critiques on her body?

It's cringeworthy and painful to log in here somedays and see some of the "advice" directed her way, god forbid she ever read any of it. With fans like some, she doesn't need haters. 

Are you sure they are fans? When I read posts like these, I think they're simply obsessed with her and are waiting for her fall in some way. 😉

54 minutes ago, Carey said:

THIS .

Theres always been some degree of bitchin or suprise about the vocals, this time it comes coupled with ageism as well

same goes for the dancing with comments about "fluitidity" of her moves and her mental "energy"

🤣🤣🤣