Madonna NYC Pride thread

42 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

I wish M wore the glamourous blonde "spy" wig instead of her real hair on the Pride stage.

Yes and the sunglasses to begin with. It would have been nice for the intro at least to think 'ooh which one is she' and then she could have whipped the sunglasses off. 

I'm done with the eyepatch. I hope she retires it for the tour.

17 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

THIS

Her body isn't as lean & toned these last few years so the dancing is limited. Even M admitted she was out of shape in an interview.

wtf? this isnt Mimi or Janet. 

6 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

The ever important Je5u5 veredict: she was absolutely fantastic. Even if the setlist wasn't as hit oriented as some would've liked she delivered and then some. She looked beautiful, I loved how she incorporated the Madame X concept in the "classics", she involved the audience and she had a great message.

Enjoy the ride.

Feel lucky she's still doing all of this. She could be living off her royalties and yet she's here still giving it all.

I'm in awe everytime.

Praise je5u5!!!

but are you really Madonna fans? 

you talk about her as if she sang like MARIA Callas two years ago 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Madonna has never had a spectacular voice,  for me her merit is to become a number one without having a prodigious voice...

I loved that she did American Life. For me it's an obvious choice because Madame X clearly shares the same mindset with that album. The EO lyrics possibly express a regret that she didn't insist on that path artistically. The original AL video was even playing at the background.

1 minute ago, rebelgirl said:

but are you really Madonna fans? 

you talk about her as if she sang like MARIA Callas two years ago 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Madonna has never had a spectacular voice,  for me her merit is to become a number one without having a prodigious voice...

its the age of talent shows and social desiase media

everyone is expected to have perfect voice but zero personality

10 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

1. She's 60
2. She's given birth to two children
3. She's been touring non-stop for the last 10+ years on a particular hectic and heavy schedule
4. She's human

Vocal damage is inevitable. 

Yes, she's 60. And that may actually be a large factor. Aging voices do need extra care and training.

But she gave birth the last time in 2000. That's 19 years ago and she's been touring and singing the most in her career during those years. Also her voice was gorgeous during the Rebel heart tour. And she was turning 57 back then. Which means also voices older than 55 can perform very well.

What do you mean 10+ years? She's def been on many tours the past 10 years but they have been relatively short in time compared to other artists and bands of her caliber. Also it was three years ago she last was on tour.

2 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

What’s wrong with people? Madonna is about to be 61 and she’s not super human. Your body goes through changes no matter how healthy you are. It happens to everyone. People’s voices change overtime. You have less stamina. Madonna is doing the unthinkable. Last night’a show was proof of that. She danced, she sang, she brought the theatrics. She went above and beyond. But from now on, there will be limitations. The least we can do is to show this woman, who’s been a machine for 40 years, that we love her and we appreciate her and that we got her back. If you don’t like her artistic choices, FINE, but don’t hate her... time goes by faster than you think. Love her NOW.  

Preach. She still and always be an amazing performer that gives it her all. she SLAYED this show. We don't deserve her.

I know that a lot of people will jump on me for saying this but watching the show, although I enjoy it as a whole and I love that she brought back AL, I can't help but think how stiff and wooden she has become on stage. After the MDNA tour her performances have changed quite drastically, she moves very little and even the little she does, she seems uncomfortable and almost afraid to move. Obviously her age is a factor but even though she doesn't train as hard as she used to, she's still a very active person (she even rides horses) so it surprises me to see how little she does on stage. Even that "I dont search I find" video she posted on Instagram a few days ago shows she still has the moves!! So why not show more on stage??

The record is easily one of her best but her live performances this era have been very underwhelming in my opinion...

9 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

I know that a lot of people will jump on me for saying this but watching the show, although I enjoy it as a whole and I love that she brought back AL, I can't help but think how stiff and wooden she has become on stage. After the MDNA tour her performances have changed quite drastically, she moves very little and even the little she does, she seems uncomfortable and almost afraid to move. Obviously her age is a factor but even though she doesn't train as hard as she used to, she's still a very active person (she even rides horses) so it surprises me to see how little she does on stage. Even that "I dont search I find" video she posted on Instagram a few days ago shows she still has the moves!! So why not show more on stage??

The record is easily one of her best but her live performances this era have been very underwhelming in my opinion...

Is this a copy and paste from Madonna Infinity?

11 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

So, maybe she should not do anything at all, right? Lord knows she could. Then, what would you be complaining about? Madonna is a privilege and not a right. We’re not entitled to her. 

15 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

Maybe she feels insecure because of people like you that give her crap no matter what she does...

4 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

I honestly think that she doesn't invest as much time in her career as Madonna as she has done in the past. I'm sure music wise this record has consumed a lot of time for her. But considered all the other stuff that goes into preparing for performances, tours, interviews etc etc I just don't think she invests all of that energy and time anymore. Which is not strange at all considering she has such a large family (I mean 6 children!) these days which must drain you both physically and emotionally. 

The amount of training that goes into being as fit as she's been and being able to dance and sing as she has that takes the time of a high level athlete. Add to that everything musically, writing, singing, producing. Then just keeping your empire going with her legacy, marketing, the MDNA skin care, investing in other financial products, real estate properties that need care, all of her staff that she bosses etc etc etc.

Well, I did not like Eurovision!  nevertheless yesterday's performance yes I liked it .. I loved Vogue and God control..

Now it turns out that Mdna tour t Rebel heart tour was a shit ...:drama:.. I do not know what else to expect from  Madonna fans.. 

any artist would kill for doing a show like Madonna.!!.

we do not deserve everything that she gives us.

6 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

So, maybe she should not do anything at all, right? Lord knows she could. Then, what would you be complaining about? Madonna is a privilege and not a right. We’re not entitled to her. 

nobody is entitled to anything and I've said a million times that I am very thankful for everything she is doing, I love the album and I'm glad she still keep speaking her mind and give us new and exciting material everytime, without becoming a boring greatest hits artist and just getting cash from her old records

still, I wonder why she holds back so much when it comes to her dancing on stage, since she's still very healthy and active, it's a legitimate question and I don't mean to disrespect her

Vogue was perfect. Still iconic and another great representation of a massive, unforgettable and ground breaking number one smash. She looked and sounded great and for all of those tits who are slagging her off, they should simply be asked: what are you looking at?

Madonna has invested a lot of time in this album, she has hard work , more than many years ago ..

it turns out that now Madonna is the only singer who throws creams, or makes movies, 🤨..

28 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

Well, perhaps she just decided to change it up so the social comentators can bitch about something else than her ass or cheecks

It was FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Madonna is the queen of the stage yes and yes and always. She serve, looks, dance, moves, sexiness. 

Mom is in good shape and it shows. 

God control is really close to be one of my top 3 Madonna song. It's really good. The performance is everything. I want to see every MX Tour shows now. 

23 minutes ago, micco said:

I honestly think that she doesn't invest as much time in her career as Madonna as she has done in the past. I'm sure music wise this record has consumed a lot of time for her. But considered all the other stuff that goes into preparing for performances, tours, interviews etc etc I just don't think she invests all of that energy and time anymore. Which is not strange at all considering she has such a large family (I mean 6 children!) these days which must drain you both physically and emotionally. 

The amount of training that goes into being as fit as she's been and being able to dance and sing as she has that takes the time of a high level athlete. Add to that everything musically, writing, singing, producing. Then just keeping your empire going with her legacy, marketing, the MDNA skin care, investing in other financial products, real estate properties that need care, all of her staff that she bosses etc etc etc.

she's invested more time and energy into this album and its promotion than any other project in recent memory. she's clearly putting a lot into the performances as well. she's always been a multi-tasker and juggled many things. the bottom line is that this woman is 60 years old. she has less mental and physical energy than she used to -- yet she still does more on stage than artists half her age. 

Just now, bardo said:

she's invested more time and energy into this album and its promotion than any other project in recent memory. she's clearly putting a lot into the performances as well. she's always been a multi-tasker and juggled many things. the bottom line is that this woman is 60 years old. she has less mental and physical energy than she used to -- yet she still does more on stage than artists half her age

True

6 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

It was FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Madonna is the queen of the stage yes and yes and always. She serve, looks, dance, moves, sexiness. 

Mom is in good shape and it shows. 

Mom? Where is this coming from. I have a bad accociation with it from certain other fan bases Mother.

7 minutes ago, bardo said:

she's invested more time and energy into this album and its promotion than any other project in recent memory. she's clearly putting a lot into the performances as well. she's always been a multi-tasker and juggled many things. the bottom line is that this woman is 60 years old. she has less mental and physical energy than she used to -- yet she still does more on stage than artists half her age. 

Next these SWJ's demand a doctors check each year for pop star licence

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Mom? Where is this coming from. I have a bad accociation with it from certain other fan bases Mother.

true 😂 It wasn't meant like that more in the MILF sense of it 

ADAB81D4-3654-4733-92CD-3C1256339DB6.gif

She was fucking AWESOME !!! Loved every second of it !

I‘m sure that once she‘s ready for the tour the performance will be even more sophisticated and (what some of you would call) fluid.

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Next these SWJ's demand a doctors check each year for pop star licence

seriously. i'm 39 and in decent shape and she could kiss my ass. my parents are in their early 70s and they can barely walk.