Madonna NYC Pride thread

5 minutes ago, Andra said:

Heard most of the flops have been migrating to *.

I can't @ how this word is censored here now :rotfl:

Anyway, wanted to add I loved her military style jacket. Her styling this era so far is totally on point to me.

Just seen some NYC pride on utube.  She looks great and the outfits look amazing.  I love Madame X and God control.  But let's be honest here, the singing sadly wasn't great, gave up after a few minutes, No hate please I love Madonna x x but I have to be honest. 

1 hour ago, fuzzydream said:

no fighter the admin explains its due to toxicity on the forum that has grown over the past years ...sadly ! 

george michael´s official forum was also closed because his own fans were really cunts with everything he was doing. Hopefully this won´t happen here

56 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

What’s wrong with people? Madonna is about to be 61 and she’s not super human. Your body goes through changes no matter how healthy you are. It happens to everyone. People’s voices change overtime. You have less stamina. Madonna is doing the unthinkable. Last night’a show was proof of that. She danced, she sang, she brought the theatrics. She went above and beyond. But from now on, there will be limitations. The least we can do is to show this woman, who’s been a machine for 40 years, that we love her and we appreciate her and that we got her back. If you don’t like her artistic choices, FINE, but don’t hate her... time goes by faster than you think. Love her NOW. 

YES!

Many of Madonna's fans were never going to let her age. They were cool with it as long as it didn't actually show.

Enough of all that though. Pride was fabulous and killed it in those combat boots.

i thought the performance was pretty good from what i've seen so far. the setlist actually worked. it's true that m's voice and energy level isn't what it used to be, but we've honestly been spoiled. it's crazy that she maintained it for as long as she did. she's sixty. and her dancing was much more on point last night than during eurovision. my only complaint is that i just don't think the autotune makes much sense live. she either needs to lip those parts or sing with her natural voice. 

2 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

Did they recycle moves from deeper and deeper RHT and beautiful killer?

Love her outfit and god control

there were moves that remind me of beautiful killer and/or revolver

13 minutes ago, Drowned World said:

I'm glad she performed American Life, fits well with the themes of Madame X, I'm loving it.

I thought it was perfect

imagine it on this theatre tour will be incredible. 

14 minutes ago, John said:

Just seen some NYC pride on utube.  She looks great and the outfits look amazing.  I love Madame X and God control.  But let's be honest here, the singing sadly wasn't great, gave up after a few minutes, No hate please I love Madonna x x but I have to be honest. 

I only really noticed off key singing in American Life? The rest sounded fine, not amazing but fine. I'm still to see I Rise though!

59 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

What’s wrong with people? Madonna is about to be 61 and she’s not super human. Your body goes through changes no matter how healthy you are. It happens to everyone. People’s voices change overtime. You have less stamina. Madonna is doing the unthinkable. Last night’a show was proof of that. She danced, she sang, she brought the theatrics. She went above and beyond. But from now on, there will be limitations. The least we can do is to show this woman, who’s been a machine for 40 years, that we love her and we appreciate her and that we got her back. If you don’t like her artistic choices, FINE, but don’t hate her... time goes by faster than you think. Love her NOW. 

We will all have limitations at their age, I do not understand these absurd criticisms, really sometimes the  Madonna fans are her worst enemis.

I think yesterday she did a great show.  you can not expect she dance like when I was 30 or 40 years old ... someday you'll understand (because if we all get old (

one day she will not break records, she will not be number one, and it seems that when that moment arrives many fans will not be ready.

I just say .. thank you Madonna for continuing, for not giving up, for being a pillar in my life, for making me happy .. Thank you!

thanks for Madame x!

1 hour ago, FeTuoni said:

Well said. Be thankful, don't  nit pick, and enjoy every second she makes art, sings and performs. We all get older every day. If you think it won't happen to you one day, you are sadly mistaken.

Long live Madame X!! 

5 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Many of Madonna's fans were never going to let her age. They were cool with it as long as it didn't actually show.

Enough of all that though. She killed it in those combat boots.

Yes that s true , I hope these kind of people could just leave any forums , I just don t get the reasons why they stay just to bring her down , it s weird to me when people stay in a place where they live in a bitter way , is it masochism or sadism ? What are their priorities in life ? 

The Queen may not do as much strenuous dancing like in the MDNA tour but she got the moves most people her age now would envy.

25 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Anyway, wanted to add I loved her military style jacket. Her styling this era so far is totally on point to me.

I think she combines elements from AL, Madame X and Pride very nicely in her outfit. Love the combat boots especially. Everything is so carefully planned and visually stunning and creative. Gotta love her !

I wish M wore the glamourous blonde "spy" wig instead of her real hair on the Pride stage.

7 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

The Queen may not do as much strenuous dancing like in the MDNA tour but she got the moves most people her age now would envy.

at least she doesn't just stand there and do fist pumps like Cher 

32 minutes ago, promise to try said:

george michael´s official forum was also closed because his own fans were really cunts with everything he was doing. Hopefully this won´t happen here

This is what Dark Ballet is about. Those fans are trying to burn her alive.

So here's what I think.......VOGUE was PERFECTION and a great opener...but I do feel she needed either HUNG UP, INTO THE GROOVE, EXPRESS YOURSELF or MUSIC in there...either as a closer or between god Control and I rise......this crowd was here for a PARTY and a CELEBRATION.....YES! I agree she's a freedom fighter..and she has a message...and i'm all for EVERYTHING she stands for....but she needed a PUNCH in there......a real PARTY pleaser.......just to remind everybody how much they adore her....and leave them wanting more.....

So all in all i feel this setlist was missing one more crowd pleasing spectacular number....

What do you think?

2 hours ago, MLVC82 said:

So here's what I think.......VOGUE was PERFECTION and a great opener...but I do feel she needed either HUNG UP, INTO THE GROOVE, EXPRESS YOURSELF or MUSIC in there...either as a closer or between god Control and I rise......this crowd was here for a PARTY and a CELEBRATION.....YES! I agree she's a freedom fighter..and she has a message...and i'm all for EVERYTHING she stands for....but she needed a PUNCH in there......a real PARTY pleaser.......just to remind everybody how much they adore her....and leave them wanting more.....

So all in all i feel this setlist was missing one more crowd pleasing spectacular number....

What do you think?

Agreed. I think Express Yourself would've worked very well but it didn't happen so we will wait for the tour for her to kick some ass. 

I think I need to have a pro version to seriously opine, but I like what I see.

So far the only thing I truly recognize is that she is not in best shape and maybe this, together with her age, play against her breathing and dancing coordination.

On the other hand, her creativity is outstanding and I will always love her. 

I am getting old as well, year after year, and feel this effect in my life.

Long live the queen! 

16 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

at least she doesn't just stand there and do fist pumps like Cher 

:lmao:

4 minutes ago, rodials said:

I think I need to have a pro version to seriously opine, but I like what I see.

So far the only thing I truly recognize is that she is not in best shape and maybe this, together with her age, play against her breathing and dancing coordination.

On the other hand, her creativity is outstanding and I will always love her. 

I am getting old as well, year after year, and feel this effect in my life.

Long live the queen! 

THIS

Her body isn't as lean & toned these last few years so the dancing is limited. Even M admitted she was out of shape in an interview.

1 hour ago, John said:

suspicious post

It was a 1000 x better than Eurovision mess. That should have been Eurovision. I loved everything about it and it wasn't too preachy. American Life is always going to be one of those songs you know is going to be never going to be sung note for note well, the only thing I found a bit off was it was as if she was reminding herself of the lyrics out loud at the start? And when the band member put the guitar on in between such a short gap of singing. She was full of adrenaline, but I do also agree, it could have one been doing with one more oldie but goodie.

I cant get over how fabulous the performance of Vogue is. That is the true magic of Madonna. 

The ever important Je5u5 veredict: she was absolutely fantastic. Even if the setlist wasn't as hit oriented as some would've liked she delivered and then some. She looked beautiful, I loved how she incorporated the Madame X concept in the "classics", she involved the audience and she had a great message.

Enjoy the ride.

Feel lucky she's still doing all of this. She could be living off her royalties and yet she's here still giving it all.

I'm in awe everytime.

2 hours ago, micco said:

But what happened to her wonderful voice? It's clear something is not a 100 %. It was def better than Eurovision but in American life you could clearly hear her struggle. Also in the other songs she doesn't let out the notes as much as she used to do. I def do not want to bring negativity but I find it interesting to discuss.

1. She's 60
2. She's given birth to two children
3. She's been touring non-stop for the last 10+ years on a particular hectic and heavy schedule
4. She's human

Vocal damage is inevitable.