Madonna NYC Pride thread

2 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

God Control looks great judging from the audience footage, I hope they upload a pro shot version.

That would be nice.

And focus filming FG in Brazil next. Thats the natural hit of the album.

4 minutes ago, Andra said:

So today they just closed down madonnainfinity because they couldn't handle the negativity any more, the admin posted a goodbye note. wtf

I see Mtribe going the same route as well sooner or later , it's a long time coming.. It's sad to see what some places that are meant to celebrate the greatest entertainer alive have become.There's so much toxicity.

:shock: What the fuck is wrong with these people? 

What did they want her to do? Playing piano naked on top of Mount Everest and sing "Promise to Try" in Hebrew? I have no words. 

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I thought they got shut down for sharing unrealeased music? At least thats what I heard.

no fighter the admin explains its due to toxicity on the forum that has grown over the past years ...sadly ! 

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

That would be nice.

And focus filming FG in Brazil next. Thats the natural hit of the album.

I feel she wont do anything else now until the tour ! 

Wish she would go on ellen and perform god control .

13 minutes ago, micco said:

But what happened to her wonderful voice? It's clear something is not a 100 %. It was def better than Eurovision but in American life you could clearly hear her struggle. Also in the other songs she doesn't let out the notes as much as she used to do. I def do not want to bring negativity but I find it interesting to discuss.

I have never heard her sing american life live as good ....the sound was bad overall and if you listen to grace jones set you will see for madonnas standards she did really well ! she really needs to concentrate on her breathing technique when singing though or maybe its just age but i hear breaths a lot ! could be a number of things that though! nerves perhaps 

Edited by trickyricky

10 minutes ago, fuzzydream said:

I feel she wont do anything else now until the tour ! 

Wish she would go on ellen and perform god control .

Ellen? Ugh.

10 minutes ago, fuzzydream said:

no fighter the admin explains its due to toxicity on the forum that has grown over the past years ...sadly ! 

You just have to wonder what would ever satisfy fans like these. Just don't migrate to MNation, please. 

4 minutes ago, fuzzydream said:

I have never hear her sing american life as good ....the sound was bad if you listen to grace jones set you will see for madonnas standards she did really well 

She sang fine. I dont get these Gays bitching about everything. And then stanning for Kylie. Ugh.

4 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Ellen? Ugh.

i dont like ellen that much but i did enjoy the rebel heart performances on there ..i miss that this time ..miss the performances dont you ?

Just now, fuzzydream said:

i dont like ellen that much but i did enjoy the rebel heart performances on there ..i miss that this time ..miss the performances dont you ?

Loved them but not Ellen and her show didnt do any for the sales

41 minutes ago, Andra said:

So today they just closed down madonnainfinity because they couldn't handle the negativity any more, the admin posted a goodbye note. wtf

I see Mtribe going the same route as well sooner or later , it's a long time coming.. It's sad to see what some places that are meant to celebrate the greatest entertainer alive have become.There's so much toxicity.

Anyway thank God for MadonnaNation. And sorry for intrerupting, carry on.

Yes I just noticed too and wondered what was going on....wtf. I never paid much attention to the discussions there, but they did have an amazing multimedia section with so many goodies and rarities. Some of the M stuff I collected on my PC over time I would have never found without that site. Hope they keep it online tbh.

Anyways, yes the performance was great. My favourite was Vogue, perfectly executed and extra points for the live singing! (Isn't this the second time ever she sang the Vogue verses live, S&S being the only other case?) Using the spy doubles was a brilliant idea, she really did trick me in the beginning - at first I was sure that lady at the typewriter was M, until the real M came up on the stairs :laugh: She could have slipped that one into the Eurovision set too, would have vastly improved the atmosphere IMO.

American Life was surprisingly solid, but I never had a problem with that song anyway and the album in general holds a special place in my heart, so yeah I'm biased :lol: The live reaction by the crowd seemed to be pretty good though.

Kudos to her for playing God Control, and it was great to see her dancing again. Though I have to say I found the performance a bit stiff at times, it has a lot of potential but they need to work on it a little more before the tour starts IMO. Oh and did anyone else notice the little bit of Hung Up choreo? 😎

I Rise was beautiful and I never expected anything else because I adore that song. I'm still so surprised this one has gotten a somewhat lukewarm reaction among the fanbase! 

And yes, I definitely agree with other posters re/ the excitement for the tour. Despite the critical slagging the EV performance (particularly the Dark Ballet part) already got me very interested about what she has in store for us in September, and Pride just confirmed that. Bring it on!

What’s wrong with people? Madonna is about to be 61 and she’s not super human. Your body goes through changes no matter how healthy you are. It happens to everyone. People’s voices change overtime. You have less stamina. Madonna is doing the unthinkable. Last night’a show was proof of that. She danced, she sang, she brought the theatrics. She went above and beyond. But from now on, there will be limitations. The least we can do is to show this woman, who’s been a machine for 40 years, that we love her and we appreciate her and that we got her back. If you don’t like her artistic choices, FINE, but don’t hate her... time goes by faster than you think. Love her NOW. 

20 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

You just have to wonder what would ever satisfy fans like these. Just don't migrate to MNation, please. 

Don’t ask and they will come. 

3 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

What’s wrong with people? Madonna is about to be 61 and she’s not super human. Your body goes through changes no matter how healthy you are. It happens to everyone. People’s voices change overtime. You have less stamina. Madonna is doing the unthinkable. Last night’a show was proof of that. She danced, she sang, she brought the theatrics. She went above and beyond. But from now on, there will be limitations. The least we can do is to show this woman, who’s been a machine for 40 years, that we love her and we appreciate her and that we got her back. If you don’t like her artistic choices, FINE, but don’t hate her... time goes by faster than you think. Love her NOW. 

YAS!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Im just glad she is alive and performing and i enjoyed her performance ...

4 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

THIS 

Just now, fuzzydream said:

Exactly. We should give her all our love. She still gives a fuck and she’s doing it for us. She has all the money in the world, she’s broken all the records. She could be home, with her kids, drinking some rose... but she’s out there, doing it for the fans. 

7 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Exactly! This post should be pinned for all the haters to read before they start judging and criticizing her.

50 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

She sang fine. I dont get these Gays bitching about everything. And then stanning for Kylie. Ugh.

I don't get it either, and I'm wondering if those toxic members from Madonna Infinity are now flocking over here.

26 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

5E5992AA-970D-4B4B-8CB3-22F4F3D21C02.jpeg

This is iconic, I'm obsessed, I need this on a calendar.

56 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Even if they do, we will spot them a mile ahead and kick their sorry asses out!

4 hours ago, Andra said:

We will get our official footage! the question is WHEN

Thanks. I hope so! ✨🙏👸🏼

39 minutes ago, fuzzydream said:

This!