Madonna NYC Pride thread

5 minutes ago, Andra said:

Girl, moaners or no, our desperate meltdowns most likely saved this setlist, let's face it.  Don't think she didn't read out comments.

Someone had to go here, and I am glad it was you and not me :rotfl:But yep. I wondered the same thing myself. 

Someone probably told her flat out that she was going to blow another massive opportunity if she did not do something with the setlist. She has to make part of the setlist at least an indirect homage to gay culture and her own immersion in it. This is pride. This is a celebration with a lot of heavy undertones, sure. But it is a celebration. Bitch, act like it! So if she was aware of my tough comments about the setlist, GOOD!! I'm only trying to help :lmao:

I also think the reaction of the original setlist  got back to her, I wonder if the word “joyless” was used to describe it?

1 hour ago, Andra said:

Girl, moaners or no, our desperate meltdowns most likely saved this setlist, let's face it.  Don't think she didn't read out comments.

Not many are willing to admit this, of course 

1 hour ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Someone had to go here, and I am glad it was you and not me :rotfl:But yep. I wondered the same thing myself. 

Someone probably told her flat out that she was going to blow another massive opportunity if she did not do something with the setlist. She has to make part of the setlist at least an indirect homage to gay culture and her own immersion in it. This is pride. This is a celebration with a lot of heavy undertones, sure. But it is a celebration. Bitch, act like it! So if she was aware of my tough comments about the setlist, GOOD!! I'm only trying to help :lmao:

I hope this is the case. I don't suffer moaners (especially when there's too much drama) and I wouldn't like Madonna to be influenced by fans, but on the other hand is nice to think that she thought: ok I've sent the message already and we all need a bit of a holiday. 

God Control is a good choice and I'm sure that American Life as first song will bring the house down. I mean, who wouldn't love to say "fuck it" to those in the White House during pride??? 

1 hour ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

After seeing the potential/unconfirmed setlist, hearing God Control and I Rise, and after seeing the unabashed brilliance of the God Control video, I'm feeling more confident about the pride perf. Could actually be iconic tbqh? We will see. 

[Xtina]Noms announced and I'm WINNING

Usually at the Billboards just PERFING

Feelin' all G-A-Y

I don't care it's NYC PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!![/Xtina]

@Monsieur X

And yes that is a reference to G-A-Y London nightclub perf by MARGE in 2005. 

:lmao:

Hi, Bry! 

Hi, BRY!! 

Hi, Bry! 

A pawn on it, OH! 

I man it too, so why? 

6 hours ago, Nikki said:

her voice in the rap is so good.. I thought it was lip synched till I heard "shit"

Same ! :rotfl: I told my bf: damn! Bitch doesn't lipsynch, :lol:

great setlist ! Hope we'll get the chance to see a hq version...

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I hope this is the case. I don't suffer moaners (especially when there's too much drama) and I wouldn't like Madonna to be influenced by fans, but on the other hand is nice to think that she thought: ok I've sent the message already and we all need a bit of a holiday. 

God Control is a good choice and I'm sure that American Life as first song will bring the house down. I mean, who wouldn't love to say "fuck it" to those in the White House during pride??? 

Replacing Future with God Control isn’t giving people a holiday though!?! 

Im glad we’re getting our first God Control performance! 

9 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

So basically you want her to dumb herself down because some queens will be angry? How disappointing.

Indeed.

8 hours ago, alquemist said:

Eat this, all moaners, after having complained extensively that she‘s not performing this song.

MADONNAAAAA !!

At least she listened to most of us. God Control saved that horrendous setlist, so inappropriate for an event like this. 

The setlist looks way better now with Future NOT being included! 😂😂😂

OMG at God Control being performed! We shall wait and see if this whole set list turns out to be true!

1 hour ago, Cesky said:

Replacing Future with God Control isn’t giving people a holiday though!?! 

Im glad we’re getting our first God Control performance! 

Yes but it's a 💯% better than subjecting everyone to another dreary performance of Future!

All the pilled up Queens will get a massive high when God Control kicks in and it will go off!

21 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes but it's a 💯% better than subjecting everyone to another dreary performance of Future!

All the pilled up Queens will get a massive high when God Control kicks in and it will go off!

Also, QUAVO is HOMOPHOBIC so he should not be featured in any song that is played on any PRIDE event... that is one of the reasons that I do not like this song... is also very lackluster...

7 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

ABC is airing it - anyone who finds a live stream that works for those outside the US please let us know

Wonderful news! Thank you! 

14 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

ABC is airing it - anyone who finds a live stream that works for those outside the US please let us know

Source? I know that ABC will be airing the parade during the day from 11 am to 4 pm,  but I do not see anything scheduled for world pride for Sunday night.

Donatella will be watching M's performance on Pride Island per NYTimes article:

On Friday, she was scheduled to appear at the Stonewall Inn for an event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the uprising there. Sunday, she had a commitment to ride around the Pride parade on a float. That evening, Ms. Versace “of course” had plans to see Madonna perform at the Pier Dance.

Madonna has history with the company.

She first appeared in a Versace campaign in 1995, when Steven Meisel photographed her looking just like Donatella.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/29/style/donatella-versace-gay-pride-stonewall.html?action=click&module=pride footer recirc module&pgtype=Article

41 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

Maybe on their website but absolutly NOT on the air.

59 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

As far as I know, they will only air the Pride March. I think the best we can hope for is for something to show up on her YouTube channel, like the Met Gala.

1 hour ago, JR! said:

Source? I know that ABC will be airing the parade during the day from 11 am to 4 pm,  but I do not see anything scheduled for world pride for Sunday night.

That's what I saw for the march directly on ABC website, but I am still on the look out for livestreams of the performance, and since I am not US based is even more difficult atm