Madonna NYC Pride thread

3 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

It wasn't, it isn't and it ain't ever gonna be. 

How? Pride actually has more meaning then just dirty gays wanting to hook up and dance.  Especially because this is the 50th anniversary of Stonewall it is even more appropriate. 

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

Since 2003. :queenbitch:

Do I have to CHAAAAANGE?!?!?!

#RITcrowvox

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

why the fuck would she perform Skin people?

Exactly. It’s a weird choice since it’s jusf an album track from her 1998 album. There will be like dozens of gays who can sing along. 

6 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Exactly. It’s a weird choice since it’s jusf an album track from her 1998 album. There will be like dozens of gays who can sing along. 

It seems like more ppl can know Skin these days than Medellín 😞

I suppose American Life is appropriate. It’s just not a very good song. It’s clunky and awkward. 

I’ve really developed a love for I Rise so I’m pleased to hear it live. 

Future is a jam. End of. 

Vogue is a no brainer. 

God Control could either be a home run or a complete disaster live. I can’t imagine she’s going to do this unless it’s going to be a production and big on theatrics. I personally hope she saves it for the tour. 

Still baffled she’s not whipping out Express Yourself and Deeper and Deeper. They’re not just anthems, they hold an extremely personal and important place in the gay community. They’re coming of age songs for so many of us and it’d mean a lot to that crowd to hear them live on the 50th anniversary of Stonewall. 

Extremely excited for this performance regardless of what she sings. 

Ugh. American Life will never not suck. I’m pissed she’s clogging up a perfectly good spot on the setlist with that stupidity, but if God Control and Vogue are on there, maybe the presence of those 2 brilliant songs will make that piece of crap more digestible 

Where is this American Life disdain coming from? I thought it was a lost classic?

8 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Where is this American Life disdain coming from? I thought it was a lost classic?

When the song came out, all the fans hated it. Then years later, it was praised. Now back to hate. I can't keep up.

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

When the song came out, all the fans hated it. Then years later, it was praised. Now back to hate. I can't keep up.

Exactly! I thought to song and album had been reassessed and now considered up there with her best.

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Shit, not me. I’ve hated it from day 1. And maybe I just don’t post here enough, but I can’t remember a time when that song had a Renaissance. It’s always been (AT THE VERY LEAST) a very divisive song for fans.

I remembered loving AL until I saw her performing it live on the promo tour. It looked 'painful' especially the rap part. I thought she was going to choke on a mic. 

But whatever I'm here for another live performance. I hope ti will be amazing .

47 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I think the album is regarded as a classic and the video was widely praised but IMHO generally the song still has a mixed reaction partly because of the production. 

I love the Rauhofer mix but the original version I just don't listen to.

I really hope the pulls off an amazing show and gets showered with praise. I can't take another Eurovision fiasco!

4 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I think the album is regarded as a classic and the video was widely praised but IMHO generally the song still has a mixed reaction partly because of the production. 

I really hope the pulls off an amazing show and gets showered with praise. I can't take another Eurovision fiasco!

I think I’m a little blinded because the Ex Madonna hater I converted last year is obsessed with this song and knows the rap off the top of his head ha!

I love the Felix Da Housecat remix, I’ve been digging in to her remix back catalogue over the past few years and this is the one for me.

15 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Exactly. The album is what has aged well. The song is basically in the same place it was when it came out in 2003. Some die hards think it is great, everyone else just think its an awkward cringe mess. 

The production on American Life is the best part of the song, the only part I don’t care for is the rap, specifically the end with the Christian/Jew thing...otherwise it’s a good song, especially with good speakers. It could work updated live.

Just now, Priceless said:

I think she should re-invent the arrangement for American Life just like she does with the other songs from her back catalog...then it might have a sporting chance.

I mean, it's the ONLY way it'll have a chance. The original incarnation sounds so goofy live.