Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

18 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Looks like I’m mystic meg it seems Crave is going to radio on Friday and launching as 2nd single , in Europe at least . I think it has a chance of airplay 

What a dumb strategy.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:22 AM, jonski43 said:

I'm not sure it was right for the UK market. God control would have been a better choice.

I find crave quite bland and RnB isn't a great choice for radio 2.

GC is no single material. People think its bizarre with 5 songs in one.

7 hours ago, dollhouse said:

GC is no single material. People think its bizarre with 5 songs in one.

If you edited the intro off, it would be a fine pop song for radio. It's just about getting songs heard. It will be interesting to see if radio 2 adds Crave.

15 hours ago, jonski43 said:

If you edited the intro off, it would be a fine pop song for radio. It's just about getting songs heard. It will be interesting to see if radio 2 adds Crave.

Crave is perfect for Radio 1. Its current and hip.

Just now, dollhouse said:

If it were by anybody else then yes but they won't touch it as Madonna is too old. Same with Medellin. Better than that senorita crap by Shawn Mendes but it never got played.

4 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Radio 1 wouldn’t touch it, unfortunately because of her age, but Radio 2 would definitely. Medellin was A list for ages

5 hours ago, ziggyfrommars13 said:

Madame X is the 7th best selling cassette in the UK since 2010 and the 3rd best selling cassette so far this year ❌💕

:clap: I’m not a cassette person but this is good news regardless.

23 hours ago, the-queen said:

:clap: I’m not a cassette person but this is good news regardless.

I use to have tons of cassettes and several players that I threw away. Criesss 

On 7/31/2019 at 2:23 PM, jonski43 said:

If it were by anybody else then yes but they won't touch it as Madonna is too old. Same with Medellin. Better than that senorita crap by Shawn Mendes but it never got played.

Its not that she's too old, its that the music isn't commercial enough. This albums better than the last two but there's nothing on it that sounds like a commercial hit. She's doesn't do that anymore. She doesn't seem to like the music that her audience really want from her - pop that you can dance to. If she wanted a hit shed make dance pop music again but she seems to believe a young urban audience are going to embrace her. Thats never going to happen.

1 minute ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Its not that she's too old, its that the music isn't commercial enough. This albums better than the last two but there's nothing on it that sounds like a commercial hit. She's doesn't do that anymore. She doesn't seem to like the music that her audience really want from her - pop that you can dance to. If she wanted a hit shed make dance pop music again but she seems to believe a young urban audience are going to embrace her. Thats never going to happen.

For radio 1 she's too old. They've already said artists over 40 aren't relevant to their demographic and it's been the same since the 80s. Phil Collins and status quo were both angry they stopped getting played on radio 1 when they became too old.

Also LFL and GGW were both uptempo dance pop and both those were ignored.

Medellin was on the radio 2 playlist for several weeks too.

2 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Just checked BBC Radio 2 to see if ‘Crave’ has been sent this week, like it has in some European countries, but no sign on their update today 😞

They renew their play lists on a Wednesday so it'll be next Wednesday if there's any sign of it

6 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

She doesn't seem to like the music that her audience really want from her - pop that you can dance to. If she wanted a hit shed make dance pop music again but she seems to believe a young urban audience are going to embrace her. Thats never going to happen.

Have you even listened to the latest album?? I'd hardly say it's geared to a young urban audience.

The only time you could remotely say she did that was with Hard Candy and considering it produced one of the biggest hits of her career + other minor hits + sold 4 million copies, I'd say it was at least a moderate success. Just because a collaborator is black doesn't automatically make them "urban". Wtf

And no, not all of her fans want her to constantly do "dance pop" and thank God she doesn't.....and even if she did do that, I think some fans are under a bit of a delusion to think that it'd automatically be a success because of that. There are SO many other factors now that contribute to a hit that weren't even on the radar back in 2005 when she last hit with a "disco stomper"

13 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I kind of agree. She really need Pat Leonard classic M touch next. That said, I like Mirwais work on MX, but the only song that is somehow classic M idsif wasn’t even released and if released I m not sure it would have smashed. And I agree that the urban crowd would never embrace her and her old and present fans would never really love urbandonna.

13 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

No she s simply living the time of her life and she s doing the music she wants to and this album is amazing , it screams freedom . She s a unique Artist

6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Have you even listened to the latest album?? I'd hardly say it's geared to a young urban audience.

The only time you could remotely say she did that was with Hard Candy and considering it produced one of the biggest hits of her career + other minor hits + sold 4 million copies, I'd say it was at least a moderate success. Just because a collaborator is black doesn't automatically make them "urban". Wtf

And no, not all of her fans want her to constantly do "dance pop" and thank God she doesn't.....and even if she did do that, I think some fans are under a bit of a delusion to think that it'd automatically be a success because of that. There are SO many other factors now that contribute to a hit that weren't even on the radar back in 2005 when she last hit with a "disco stomper"

This , tnks ( and HC is dope )!

14 hours ago, jonski43 said:

For radio 1 she's too old. They've already said artists over 40 aren't relevant to their demographic and it's been the same since the 80s. Phil Collins and status quo were both angry they stopped getting played on radio 1 when they became too old.

Also LFL and GGW were both uptempo dance pop and both those were ignored.

Medellin was on the radio 2 playlist for several weeks too.

They are full of shit, they used to play her at 50.

On 7/31/2019 at 2:20 PM, dollhouse said:

Its not true. Señorita is upbeat, flirty and fun. I like Crave but its sad and melancholic. I love. M but thats she brings now - melancholy and angst and very little fun other than her being a cougar. It's so tired and not selling. I know ill get hate for it but saying it because its true and I care. People say she's doing her own thing and not repeating herself and its fine when she's spiky on TV because thats what makes her her. Fine, but we have to accept she's not longer going to sell records anymore.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, Danny Bubbles said:

Its not that she's too old, its that the music isn't commercial enough.

Not commercial enough? Despacito by Luis Fonsi (with Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber) was a massive worldwide and US #1. Of course it is also due to Madonna's age and image that she isn't played on (US) radio.

1 hour ago, Danny Bubbles said:

Its not true. Señorita is upbeat, flirty and fun. I like Crave but its sad and melancholic. I love. M but thats she brings now - melancholy and angst and very little fun other than her being a cougar. It's so tired and not selling. I know ill get hate for it but saying it because its true and I care. People say she's doing her own thing and not repeating herself and its fine when she's spiky on TV because thats what makes her her. Fine, but we have to accept she's not longer going to sell records anymore.

Rather transparent wouldn't you say. You should just come out and say what you really want to say. 😉 

I don't understand fans who (in 2019 forgodsake) would still want Madonna to be this or that or do this or that type of music based on what supposedly, potentially could give her a footing back on the charts. Rather than at this stage simply enjoy and appreciate her mesmerising creativity and her obviously still there passion for music, in the age of artless celebrities

Madonna and the charts might be done for all sorts of reasons external to whatever she might have done or still might be doing. She's been a fixture of them for almost three decades, she's done it all on that front too, give up your idea that changing a strategy or genre of music is going to make any difference, not because she's Madonna but because the music industry has changed and the world has changed drastically too. Everything is fragmented. But some people keep aligning and throwing everything into the blender in a very anachronistic way

She is a pioneer in having lasted as long as she did on the charts, the first to do so and the last. Just enjoy her work and appreciate the fact that she can get her live following regardless of how many spins she gets on radio, something she has no control on. She transcends all of that now

Some fans speak of charts as if they still worked and measured interest the same way they did in 85, 95 or 05, they do not, and not just in terms of the old boring hardcore fan fav chestnut "Madonna and the charts", the charts period

On 8/3/2019 at 6:13 AM, elijah said:

I kind of agree. She really need Pat Leonard classic M touch next. .

It's not 1989 buddy, a Pat Leonard track isn't going to be a radio hit!

The only way M will have another hit is to go the Whitney Higher Love route, with her vocals on a cover version over a generic dance beat by a current "DJ".

4 hours ago, XXL said:

I don't understand fans who (in 2019 forgodsake) would still want Madonna to be this or that or do this or that type of music based on what supposedly, potentially could give her a footing back on the charts. Rather than at this stage simply enjoy and appreciate her mesmerising creativity and her obviously still there passion for music, in the age of artless celebrities

Madonna and the charts might be done for all sorts of reasons external to whatever she might have done or still might be doing. She's been a fixture of them for almost three decades, she's done it all on that front too, give up your idea that changing a strategy or genre of music is going to make any difference, not because she's Madonna but because the music industry has changed and the world has changed drastically too. Everything is fragmented. But some people keep aligning and throwing everything into the blender in a very anachronistic way

She is a pioneer in having lasted as long as she did on the charts, the first to do so and the last. Just enjoy her work and appreciate the fact that she can get her live following regardless of how many spins she gets on radio, something she has no control on. She transcends all of that now

Some fans speak of charts as if they still worked and measured interest the same way they did in 85, 95 or 05, they do not, and not just in terms of the old boring hardcore fan fav chestnut "Madonna and the charts", the charts period

Bravo, well bloody said :clap: never got the chart-driven type of support by certain people, liking someone just based upon chart numbers, including Madonna hence projecting their chart-driven thoughts and wishes on her. Madonna oustanding music and visuals catalog should be higher enough motive to love her without caring about some useless stupid irrelevant charts.