Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

https://blitz.pt/principal/update/2019-07-16-Bruce-Springsteen-rouba-primeiro-lugar-a-Madonna-no-top-nacional

Bruce Springsteen ascended to the lead of the top Portuguese sales, with his latest "Western Stars". "Madame X" by Madonna, who was in first place, is now in second place, followed by a compilation of the Queen and the soundtrack for "A Star Is Born".

17 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Madame X falls out of the Top 100 this week in the UK 😞

But is 31 in sales

40,000 copies sold. No single on the radio and the album seems understocked. No surprise.The shitty  Interscope is not doing its job. Go back to Warner, Madame X !

No label in the world is going to help in terms of streaming. And as far as album sales go, how many 60-plus-year-old females score hit singles on UK radio and see smashing album sales with new material? I just think the commercial potential for new Madonna music is pretty limited at this point.

57 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

40,000 copies sold. No single on the radio and the album seems understocked. No surprise.The shitty  Interscope is not doing its job. Go back to Warner, Madame X !

Once again, I couldn't see any copies on display in Sainsbury's yet there were loads of Bruce's vinyl and CDs.

Supply has been a constant issue.

That may be the only issue that a label like WB could help with, though if people REALLY wanted it, there's always the digital avenue. Not sure how many people make on-the-spot CD purchases any longer.

15 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

No label in the world is going to help in terms of streaming. 

Sure, but I guess Warner would at least stock the albums properly in stores,  send a new single to radio, promote the album better. Bruce is older than Madonna but he's doing great because he's supported by a proper label.

17 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Still yet to find it in any supermarket here in the UK. It’s so odd. 

Sales didn't decrease that much though.

Week-by-week sales:

27/06/2019 02 27,227 (+ 23 copies sold pre-release)
04/07/2019 14 4,642
11/07/2019 21 3,415
18/07/2019 46 1,977
25/07/2019 43 1,964
01/08/2019 106 1,136

Total: 40,385

Official Chart Run: 2-14-21-46-43-106

Sales Chart Run: 2-9-10-17-16-31

Credits to: Medellíam from buzzjack

23 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

They have the CD in Asda, I’ve seen it for £8

Yes, I saw it too, but they stock very few copies compared to other albums. Same with Sainsburys.

i just need to look at the best selling music in the uk to understand why madame x is not a massive hit ...its not commercial at all really madame even its most dancy song would not be touched by radio due to its subject ! it did better than mariah careys last effort so there is that lol

30 minutes ago, fuzzydream said:

i just need to look at the best selling music in the uk to understand why madame x is not a massive hit ...its not commercial at all really madame even its most dancy song would not be touched by radio due to its subject ! it did better than mariah careys last effort so there is that lol

Also she needs a record company to support its promotion.

It's all about getting it and keeping it on playlists. Medellin would have been a hit - it was in the radio 2 playlist for several weeks, it was clearly a viral hit on Twitter but without a record company invested in keeping it in the charts, it went nowhere.

Look at Beyonce's flop - a blind said she thought she could release it without working with the big players and look what happened.

Slob's swallow did nothing on release then suddenly the record company preemption kicked in and that song is still hanging around despite the fact is terrible.

Record companies seem more important than ever now.

Crave is top 10 on AC radio in USA , really don’t get why they couldn’t get this listed on bbc radio 2 . I understand we may be trying to sell a dead horse but was it Medellin and out ?!! I know there’s been 5 videos but I thought at least one push for a 2nd single would have happened 

3 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Crave is top 10 on AC radio in USA , really don’t get why they couldn’t get this listed on bbc radio 2 . I understand we may be trying to sell a dead horse but was it Medellin and out ?!! I know there’s been 5 videos but I thought at least one push for a 2nd single would have happened 

I'm not sure it was right for the UK market. God control would have been a better choice.

I find crave quite bland and RnB isn't a great choice for radio 2.

Looks like I’m mystic meg it seems Crave is going to radio on Friday and launching as 2nd single , in Europe at least . I think it has a chance of airplay 

9 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Looks like I’m mystic meg it seems Crave is going to radio on Friday and launching as 2nd single , in Europe at least . I think it has a chance of airplay 

2nd single after 5 videos?

47 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

A very odd ‘strategy’ indeed.... Probably the best chance they have at this point is to get one or two of the songs placed in a movie or TV series!

With M in full tour rehearsal mode I dont see how she could promote Crave in Europe. Its nice they are at least releasing something but Crave isnt particularly exciting. If radio has a hard time playing Madonna I dont see how Crave is going to make them rush to play it. 

I think they’re releasing it in a different way (obviously). Release all the promo singles and videos in this case before the album drops, then release the remixes etc in the same order. 

If I remember correctly, after Medellin we got I Rise, which has remixes now, then came Crave, which could possibly be the next proper single with remixes