Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

4 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Uk itunes Madame X 42 (+74) Pride effect?

Hard to believe as the Pride wasnt in the UK and wasnt televized

I do feel a lot of uk fans did not buy the album due to the collab singles and to be honest promo musically has been poor in the uk ...the graham norton show would have done nothing for the album or her to be honest as she should not have shared the sofa with the other celebs ..it was awkward and she really stood out because shes madonna lol ..its ok though looking at what music is trending in the uk at the moment but i am shocked at how low sales are for the album 😞

3 hours ago, trevorhog said:

Madame X is down to #21 on the official top 100.... does anybody know the estimated total sales of the album in the UK?

35,000+ with the 3.500 added this week. 

Next week it will match RHs first week sales. Not good but not terrible. Its holding ok. 

On 7/2/2019 at 3:54 PM, the-queen said:

I’m just so proud of Madonna no matter what. 

Yes , this album is incredible

To be fair the sales and charting have been good considering the promo here in the U.K. has been next to nothing. 

The only exposure she says had was the Eurovision which was panned and her appearance on Norton were she didn't perform so people haven't been exposed to the music. 

2 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

It's time to send a second single on the radio in Uk and other european countries. It could be Crave or Crazy.

I don't thing singles are a part of this era. She has produced some stunning videos to promote the album but I don't think there has been a singles strategy. 

She hasn't performed Crave on her limited live performances this era and it is supposed to be the 2nd single. 

I think it's been more about getting as much of the album out there as possible to promote its different flavours over pushing a certain song/single for hit single success. 

8 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Send Crave or God Control to radio now in the UK. The only kind of single we’ve had so far is Medellín and radio 2 lapped it up 

Same in Italy. I've only heard Medellin on the radio.

4 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Same in Italy. I've only heard Medellin on the radio.

Did they actually service any other song to radio other than Medellin? 

I understand them not doing it though why bother when nobody's going to play new M music. I think this era has been more about streams and of course the up and coming theatre tour. 

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Did they actually service any other song to radio other than Medellin? 

I understand them not doing it though why bother when nobody's going to play new M music. I think this era has been more about streams and of course the up and coming theatre tour. 

Well yeah Crave, but only to US Adult Contemporary or whatever. I honestly don’t know what their plan is. It all seems a bit front loaded and getting all the videos out for a large first week sales, but now we are waiting to see what happens next. I Rise has been put out to clubs with some shitty remixes, but that’s about all for now?!

53 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Send Crave or God Control to radio now in the UK. The only kind of single we’ve had so far is Medellín and radio 2 lapped it up 

Crave was already sent to Radio 2. They played it once. Personally, I just don't think it's right for the UK.

God Control could have had a chance but the video or PR has been and gone.

I'm assuming they may do something when the tour starts but it will be too late by the time she arrives in the UK in January. 😶

16 hours ago, Querelle said:

SWR3, one of Germany's most popular radio stations, played Madonna today: It was Who's That Girl. 🙄

The German Radio Stations played a lot of Madonna Songs but only the older ones!!!

The UK was never really going to get behind something as dark as MX. That's fine. I don't think the mindless zombies who find Sheeran and Capaldi appealing would ever get this project. 

The lack of variety in UK radio is shocking! It's the same six artists on constant replay..I don't know how pink has managed it but I don't think I've ever heard an artist get so much airplay and for quite a few years now..pink, ed sheerhan and Lewis capaldi..it's truly mindless stuff 

1 hour ago, paradise said:

The lack of variety in UK radio is shocking! It's the same six artists on constant replay..I don't know how pink has managed it but I don't think I've ever heard an artist get so much airplay and for quite a few years now..pink, ed sheerhan and Lewis capaldi..it's truly mindless stuff 

I feel your pain! UK radio is dreadful

On 7/13/2019 at 7:37 PM, tuckeye said:

LETS HOPE THEIR IS ANOTHER VIDEO THIS MONTH.

She should release the one with Anitra, it's already racked up 9m streams on Spotify alone. It wouldn't be my choice but would make logical sense. I still don't understand why God Control was not an official single. Crave being the last one and nothing for the album release. Makes no sense.