Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

6 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I'm kind of okay with the album being number 2 in the UK simply because she'll be number 1 in the USA, I think that's a much bigger achievement for her, I'm sure Bruce would also rather have a number 1 in the USA over UK any day, as you know, it's a much bigger country and it's their homeland.

The UK aren't worthy of her, fuck their general hipster attitude "I know it all, what I say is all that matters and everyone has to agree with me or I'll delete them from Facebook, Madonna needs to fuck off", I'm so over it.

+1

16 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

The haters will have a field day with this one.

Their joy is hindered by the number one in the US which everyone knows for whatever reason rightly or wrongly is a bigger achievement. I assure you Springsteen would have preferred the US crown. Also, Madonna is no stranger to number two albums. The fact that at 60 getting a number two album for her is seen as something for haters to celerate over is proof that her benchmark is unlike any other.

Madonna will be ripped apart by the press for her #2 debut (in spite of the strong sales) and Bruce will be lauded, whereas if their chart positions had been reversed, Bruce would have been praised for his strong debut.  For someone whose reputation was apparently "destroyed" a month ago, a #2 debut with sales that would be enough for a #1 debut in most other weeks is actually really impressive...

18 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Their joy is hindered by the number one in the US which everyone knows for whatever reason rightly or wrongly is a bigger achievement. I assure you Springsteen would have preferred the US crown. Also, Madonna is no stranger to number two albums. The fact that at 60 getting a number two album for her is seen as something for haters to celerate over is proof that her benchmark is unlike any other.

At least we can celebrate a U.S. #1 album in this day & age of streaming.

Guys let's stream.the fuck out of it this week so she can hold top 5.

I've streamed the entire album 10 times today on amazon music and premium spotify. That's 300 track streams again 

5 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Guys let's stream.the fuck out of it this week so she can hold top 5.

I've streamed the entire album 10 times today on amazon music and premium spotify. That's 300 track streams again 

How many track streams counts as a sale?

20 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I think the worst thing she can do at this point is put it all down to ageism and fail to re-evaluate some of her own choices in terms of the price to be paid. 

I wonder if she ever looks back on Eurovision and regrets putting message over melody/arrangement/vocal training/audience awareness. If the pride setlist is anything to go by, probably not. 

Has she earned the right to give zero fucks and pursue her vision? Yes, sure. But then I think it’s time she came to terms with the fact that she might be alienating a lot of people along the way, and some of it might have little to do with her age. 

Maybe she’s thinking about her long-term legacy. Maybe she wants to be remembered as the woke rebel star who wouldn’t pander, while her contemporaries were playing safe and the wanna bes even safer. Ok, I get it. But there’s a price to pay and I can’t help but wonder if it’s worth it. 

Great post! As much as I admire her defiance, there are consequences when it comes to album and ticket sales.

1 minute ago, stevo208 said:

1500 equates to 1 album sale

Okay thanks, I'll leave Amazon Music playing the album on repeat at work all weekend.

56 minutes ago, Carta said:

Madonna will be ripped apart by the press for her #2 debut (in spite of the strong sales) and Bruce will be lauded, whereas if their chart positions had been reversed, Bruce would have been praised for his strong debut.  For someone whose reputation was apparently "destroyed" a month ago, a #2 debut with sales that would be enough for a #1 debut in most other weeks is actually really impressive...

What else is new? Remember when Music was going to debut at #2? The headline was like "The Day The Music Dies."

20 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Okay thanks, I'll leave Amazon Music playing the album on repeat at work all weekend.

It only  counts 10 plays per track a day so 150 track streams a day max

56 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

How many track streams counts as a sale?

The non-single tracks hold more weight towards streams-album sales conversion

Source:- OCC 

Her 14th studio album and 27th Top 75 entry, Madame X aspired to be Madonna’s 13th No.1 but ends up being her sixth No.2, matching the debut/peak of her last studio album, Rebel Heart. Runner-up to Sam Smith’s In The Lonely Hour, Rebel Heart had first week gsales of 37,245 copies: Madame X makes a 26.90% slower start, with consumption of 27,227 units, the highest for a No.2 album thus far in 2019.

Vinyl sales
Madonna’s Madame X (4,628 sales)

Madame X also sold 1,993 on cassette, grabbing a 72.47% share of sales in that format

6 minutes ago, santiago said:

Her 14th studio album and 27th Top 75 entry, Madame X aspired to be Madonna’s 13th No.1 but ends up being her sixth No.2, matching the debut/peak of her last studio album, Rebel Heart. Runner-up to Sam Smith’s In The Lonely Hour, Rebel Heart had first week gsales of 37,245 copies: Madame X makes a 26.90% slower start, with consumption of 27,227 units, the highest for a No.2 album thus far in 2019.

Vinyl sales

Madame X also sold 1,993 on cassette, grabbing a 72.47% share of sales in that format

Madonna making cassette great again. LOL. These are solid sales. Hopefully her second week will be nice thanks to BBC promotion.

13 minutes ago, santiago said:

Vinyl sales

I'm curious how many CDs?

Madame X 'is an amazing album, 

other Madonna albums have not reached number 1.

We must be proud of the album that he has given us, that he continues to make music and is not retired taking care of his children and spending her money.

Madonna has won in Itunes and Bruce in physical sales.

would Bruce number 1 if he received all the crap that Madonna receives from haters, press ...?

by the way Bruce is also a great artist.

every time I hear Madame X 'I feel more proud, it's a masterpiece. deserves all the prizes and nominations of the world.. Are you going to receive them?  we all know that it is most likely not ... it is not Beyoncé or Gaga ... (the story always repeats).

we'll see what happens in Usa.

Number 2 is disappointing but we can hold on to the fact that she still sold the most for a number 2 album this year in the first week. Hopefully being album of the week on BBC2 will cushion some of the fall.

Bruce Springsteen's Western Stars outshines Madonna's Madame X to take Number 1 album

The Boss sees off the Queen of Pop, plus new entries including Bastille, Joy Division, and Kate Tempest.

madonna-madame-x-bruce-western-stars.jpg
By Justin Myers 
  •  
  •  
  •  

It was The Boss vs The Queen of Pop in the race to Number 1, but of the two American music icons, it's Bruce Springsteen who takes the glory in this week's Official Albums Chart.

Bruce's 19th studio album Western Stars is his first album of new material since 2012 and becomes his eleventh UK chart-topper, finishing an impressive 25,000 combined sales ahead of nearest rival Madonna.

Western Stars shifted over 45,400 copies on CD and vinyl this week, making it the fastest selling album on physical formats of the year so far.

Bruce's victory means Madonna must settle for runner-up position with her 14th studio album Madame X. She can take comfort from the fact she still holds the record for the most Number 1 albums by a female artist, with 12 chart-toppers under her belt.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/bruce-springsteens-western-stars-outshines-madonnas-madame-x-to-take-number-1-album__26663/

1 New 1  
2 New
INTERSCOPE
3 1  
buy
4 New 4  
5 Re 5

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Number 2 is disappointing but we can hold on to the fact that she still sold the most for a number 2 album this year in the first week. Hopefully being album of the week on BBC2 will cushion some of the fall.

I don't see it as a disappointment. #2 isn't something to sneeze about. I know some haters will use it for whatever reason to further their hate agenda, but I have to remember Madonna is a world artist.  Madame X will still hit #1 in other regions.  I think the real achievement here is that she actually hit #1 in her home country.  I was expecting Bruce to do so.  At this point it's all about the touring anyway.  She's already sold out in most areas.  

It's a pity Madame X only came in at number 2 in the UK despite all of her hard work promoting the album. But we have to remember the UK is a fucking mess at the moment with its pathetic dragged out Brexit politics and circus of a government. Not to mention the soaring crime rates and people generally losing their shit. It's really turning into a shit hole. And yes, I'm from the UK!

I'll be very pleased if she gets a number 1 in the USA -  a much bigger achievement. It will be good ammunition to silence the haters. The biggest disappointment for me recently is the number of so-called ex fans who dislike the new album making allegations on social media about it not having melodies or decent dance tracks - I'm like, just actually listen to the album you fucktards!

20 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I don't see it as a disappointment. #2 isn't something to sneeze about. I know some haters will use it for whatever reason to further their hate agenda, but I have to remember Madonna is a world artist.  Madame X will still hit #1 in other regions.  I think the real achievement here is that she actually hit #1 in her home country.  I was expecting Bruce to do so.  At this point it's all about the touring anyway.  She's already sold out in most areas.  

Agreed!👍

The fact that it would have scored a number one in any other week is an achievement and nothing to do with the country's political situation for crying out loud 😂. Bruce sold a shed load. Simple as that. Secondly, the fact that she didn't move it just to score a number 1 like some desperate wannabe highlights her integrity. She won't mind being number two to him. 

Her career isn't as bad here given this result! This is still positive!