Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Wednesday Update: Top 5 Albums
1 Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars (44,139) *
2 Madonna - Madame X (24,038) *
3 Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish (16,734)
4 Bastille - Doom Days (13,782) *
5 Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures (7,383) *

26 minutes ago, aeroco said:

ugh

Well, if it hits No.,2 in the UK , it will be the first time a Madonna studio album hits No. 1 in the USA and not the UK. Four Madonna albums- including ROL- hit the top in the UK and not the USA, so there's some catching up to do. :gent:

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Lewis Capaldi could also catch up and he is gaining faster. So number 2 isnt even certain.

Hopefully he won't be able to close the gap in two days - or is it a day now?

I'm shocked that BS will sell almost as much in the UK this week as he will in the US! She had no chance.

Let's see how the week ends. But I think that Madonna's album will suffer in Europe after the Eurovision backlash. We fans have moved on and many people love her a lot, but regular people maybe don't want to listen to the album. There's no popular singles and her image was damage. I don't expect big numbers here, tbqh. I hope I am wrong. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Kylie did alot of promotion though for Golden.

Kylie practically knocked on every cunt's door in the UK to flog that tired smiley shite.

Just now, stevo208 said:

Kylie practically knocked on every cunt's door in the UK to flog that tired smiley shite.

hahahaha in other words she did a lot of promo. 

Blaming Eurovision though....I must question, realistically, it's been a month since that happened......so even if she'd had a stellar performance that was praised, would anyone remember that now??

Just saying......a month in 2019 is like 2 yrs in 20th century time....lol

I think these would have been the numbers regardless. The UK clearly has a stick up their ass when it comes to M these days......that's no secret....and it was apparent LONG before Eurovision ever happened.

Furthermore, if it were THAT BAD....would she even be #2?? Shouldn't Bastille have whisked into that position being that they're "hotter" at the moment?

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

hahahaha in other words she did a lot of promo. 

She camped out the BBC TV studios with a microphone all week just to launch herself in front of any passing camera in case she could broadcast her irritating squawk to the homes of millions.

Yes. I actually don't mind Kylie lol

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Blaming Eurovision though....I must question, realistically, it's been a month since that happened......so even if she'd had a stellar performance that was praised, would anyone remember that now??

Just saying......a month in 2019 is like 2 yrs in 20th century time....lol

I think these would have been the numbers regardless. The UK clearly has a stick up their ass when it comes to M these days......that's no secret....and it was apparent LONG before Eurovision ever happened.

I think had she of performed on TV let's say on GN or every an exclusive on the One Show it would of massively helped as the only live performance in the general U.K. Publics minds is the Eurovision.

But I agree with what your saying isn't everything she needed to do some live performances for the UK to help the album. 

Uk fans, you were supposed to close the deficient, not the opposite. Yikes, you usually could rely on UK to have Madonna's back. If anything, I expected her to be #1 in UK and #2 in US so this is all just shocking.

Eurovision is to blame. Especially because after that debacle she performed nothing else from the album anywhere else in the UK. Radio is not playing her either. Talking to Rylan and Graham without performing is not gonna move albums. The last sample of the album they heard was Future. So it's Medellin and Future for the GP? Not good enough. 

The more important question is that we know M has more than 50,000 fans in the UK. So why are they not buying the album? I am baffled. 

Can I ask again, are we sure the Madonna online purchases have been added? 

I am still streaming but this news has me demoralized. 

Eurovision murdered the album in the UK. A terrible performance will not get you album sales, since then the UK promo has been some interviews and no other performance of the songs. This also equals no album sales. The general public are not going to search YouTube for the music videos, it needs to be accessible on TV shows. Watch the album drop like a rock next week...

She needed to perform during her TV stints......if she is prepared to perform in her American promo stints then i don't understand why she hasn't over here in the U.K.

Unfortunatly now the only last live performance anyone remembers was the tanke Eurovision. 

7 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Eurovision is to blame. Especially because after that debacle she performed nothing else from the album anywhere else in the UK. Radio is not playing her either. Talking to Rylan and Graham without performing is not gonna move albums. The last sample of the album they heard was Future. So it's Medellin and Future for the GP? Not good enough. 

The more important question is that we know M has more than 50,000 fans in the UK. So why are they not buying the album? I am baffled. 

Can I ask again, are we sure the Madonna online purchases have been added? 

I am still streaming but this news has me demoralized. 

Rebel Heart sold 37k over 4 years ago in a better market. This is going to sell almost as much with less promotion in the UK. It shouldnt be surprising.

14 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I think had she of performed on TV let's say on GN or every an exclusive on the One Show it would of massively helped as the only live performance in the general U.K. Publics minds is the Eurovision.

But I agree with what your saying isn't everything she needed to do some live performances for the UK to help the album. 

I agree! More performances would've helped perhaps.

However, I don't think Eurovision played a part....that is a very easy scapegoat though so I can see why so many are using it.

I think no hit song is a far bigger factor than Euro. If Euro had such a negative affect then the album wouldn't even be doing as well as it is. Madonna is a victim of circumstance in the UK it seems.....Bruce on Father's Day weekend + no hit single just wasn't enough to push MX over the edge

2 hours ago, aeroco said:

wow! 20K ahead now?

22 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I agree! More performances would've helped perhaps.

However, I don't think Eurovision played a part....that is a very easy scapegoat though so I can see why so many are using it.

I think no hit song is a far bigger factor than Euro. If Euro had such a negative affect then the album wouldn't even be doing as well as it is. Madonna is a victim of circumstance in the UK it seems.....Bruce on Father's Day weekend + no hit single just wasn't enough to push MX over the edge

I agree 

Not surprising . 

A couple of interviews on The One Show and Graham Norton with no performance wasn’t gonna help. 

No airplay really.

Its a sad state of affairs.

It gets to a point where friends head Medellin and weren’t even aware of it but they love it .

She needed a full on blitz. 

There's just not the exposure