MADAME X album reviews

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:20 AM, side_streets said:

Another article advising Madonna to talk about her menopause and how she feels in her 60s.

Subtle ageism. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/djlouiexiv/madonna-madame-x-pop-music-age-women?origin=thum

It's a Republican site, it looks down on women. What should we expect?

2 minutes ago, CalinB said:

It's a Republican site, it looks down on women. What should we expect?

These shitty articles, malicious reviews aren't important. I realize that now. 

Madonna delivered beautiful album with strong visuals and clear message! I'm proud of her!

13 hours ago, vertigokane said:

Buzzfeed is a fiercely liberal website. 

EXACTLY.  people WANT Madonna to be attacked by Republicans and Christians on here but it's the EXTREME far SJW left, not normal rational thinking liberals such as myself and Madonna herself, that attack her CONSTANTLY

Mostly women too.

It's not 1989 anymore, there's not some far right Christian conspiracy against Madonna to take her down, far left SJW'S on the other hand...

Other than Beyoncé’s lemonade or Solanges album or Janelle Monaes recent - I can’t think of any other album in the last 5 years with such strong concept with a message and eclectic sounds ...

Madame X is that! No pop tartlet has produced anything of Madame Xs quality there entire careers, looking at you taylor,Gaga,Ariana, Britney...

our Queen still doesn’t get the credit she deserves- imagine if Ariana Released Madame X they’d be calling her a fucking genius!

On another note just seen media is positively reporting on 75 yr olds Mick Jaggers return to performing the same fucking show he has done for 59 years...nobody’s even suggesting him to retire!

Has the Rolling Stone review been posted here? I read it while at Barnes & Noble and was shocked at how unprofessional it was! Aside for the insults, there were many passive aggressive stabs in there. It barely reviewed the music. It was basically saying, "this is Madonna being Madonna." Um, yeah. Great review. 😒

As someone said, the worst thing about some of those reviews is that it's Madonna HERSELF who is reviewed and not the album. It's such a disgusting double standard compared to others artists and it drives me crazy sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

Do you know if Mojo's review will be added to Metacritic? It would raise her score a bit, I hope they update it soon!

I don't get it either... Metacritic still needs to add in the two 80 from Sputnik Music  and Mojo. 

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna/critic-reviews

On 6/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, Samo said:

EXACTLY.  people WANT Madonna to be attacked by Republicans and Christians on here but it's the EXTREME far SJW left, not normal rational thinking liberals such as myself and Madonna herself, that attack her CONSTANTLY

Mostly women too.

It's not 1989 anymore, there's not some far right Christian conspiracy against Madonna to take her down, far left SJW'S on the other hand...

Give it a rest.  

53 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I just checked at the news stand. It should be out on Thursday with the new Issue of Die Zeit.

My hubby signs Die Zeit!!! I am looking forward to getting this issue!!!!

Edit: hopefully is well done and written, because I am done with bad written articles...

Edited by Geiger83

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Back to 70 on metacritic

20 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Praise the lawd. Mojo has been added.

Praise the lord indeed. 😁 I just want it to stay at 70 or above. This album deserves nothing less.

So glad Madame X is back to to 70 on Metacritic! It deserves it.

I hope there are more positive reviews to be added.

By the way, the album is still top 10 in France, Italy, Spain, Australia, Mexico and Brazil. Top 30 in the US, UK, and Germany.

I suppose that God Control video and performance at pride will help sales.

Edited by Frozenpower

On 6/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, runa said:

4 stars in Journal de Montreal: "Her best album since a long time"

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2019/06/22/madonna-lance-son-meilleur-album-depuis-un-mechant-bail

I'm a bit late to the party, but this is great!

Is it gonna count for metacritic tho? :lol2: