Pitchfork (s)hit-job review

The funniest part is that he says, “In conclusion” at the end of those poorly written rantings as though he said something profound/intelligent

He's not only extremely incompetent as a writer, but also has a tendency to talk out of his ass. In an earlier review he calls "American Life" ultimately stupid, and in his Madame X review he refers to the same album as underrated! He clearly needs to get his hatred straight! Luckily he'lll quickly fade back into oblivion, where as Madame X will soon be announced #1 in the charts and continue to snag headlines for many years to come!

8 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

He's racist. Send to pitchfork.

And someone exposed him about trashing Gaga just because A Star Is Born was more commented than Caution

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZacharyRandol13/status/1140899628042215426?fbclid=IwAR2WVz1qHqGWHQS_M6VBomPLh31FtPSgYY7QqvTf6EWEAodanDdbqVW5Wbo

This was from 2017, retweet to Pitchfork! 

11 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Pitchfork is sharing the review every day. They are.  Clearly standing behind  this writer

Of course they are. it brings them so many click, they're laughing out loud.  

pitchfork, for being so pretentious and "punk", are really just following the status quo and are very uncool in their opinion. it's all about Beyonce, jay z, and hating Taylor Swift and every light skinned artist (unless they're indie). it's very predictable and not punkrock at all. if they wanted to think outside of the box and have fresh opinions, they'd see the potential in Madonna's new album and realise that she's trying to experiment, while the others are conforming.

they're trolls with a paycheck who run a blog. that's it. whine to Metacritic if you like, but it's clear that they're LOVING the attention and probably asked the hater to write it

Didn’t Madonna let Pitchfork interview her back in 2015? WHY?

Their scores for all Madonna albums were always horribly low (much lower than other publications). Even Celebration only got a 5.3 or something. How is that possible when it’s full of great tracks and hits? They should just stop reviewing Madonna stuff if they dislike her output so much. I bet they love the attention they are getting this week. It’s sickening.

20 minutes ago, Nikki said:

pitchfork, for being so pretentious and "punk", are really just following the status quo and are very uncool in their opinion. it's all about Beyonce, jay z, and hating Taylor Swift and every light skinned artist (unless they're indie). it's very predictable and not punkrock at all. if they wanted to think outside of the box and have fresh opinions, they'd see the potential in Madonna's new album and realise that she's trying to experiment, while the others are conforming.

they're trolls with a paycheck who run a blog. that's it. whine to Metacritic if you like, but it's clear that they're LOVING the attention and probably asked the hater to write it

👍 my point of view, exactly. 

And the more we talk about it, the more attention they get.

4 minutes ago, runa said:

👍 my point of view, exactly. 

And the more we talk about it, the more attention they get.

Exactly... Don't give them clicks people. Every click drives up their revenue through advertisement.

Just ignore them. Who the fuck even reads Pitchfork? Like @Nikki just said, they're trolls with a paycheck who run a blog.

All positive reviews focus on the music, the actual melodies, the sonically experimental nature of the record, etc. The bad are just hateful and they focus on her age, the 'she's chasing trends' line that we have heard over and over, the 'she's irrelevant' and 'she has no talent' stuff that we have heard many times before... It's depressing and frustrating and infuriating, but we must not give in. 

This record is special! It's a great work of art! It's fresh and new! It's experimental, futuristic and has an aural vibe to it at the same time. It's nothing like other pop records from the current 20-something it girls of today. Madonna will survive the test of time. These 20-something it girls of today won't, and most certainly these hateful reviewers will not be remembered for anything at all.

He once called Madonna “r*tarded” in his blog... he’s so disgusting. We need to keep emailing pitchfork about why they hired a racist Madonna hater to do the review. My blood is boiling that he got away with this. 

Not done with him yet. He ought to formally apologize for the review, and Pitchfork ought to retract it. No replacing it with a less bitter review by someone else, either. No review for Pitchfork. 

20 hours ago, headonfire said:

Exactly... Don't give them clicks people. Every click drives up their revenue through advertisement.

Just ignore them. Who the fuck even reads Pitchfork? Like @Nikki just said, they're trolls with a paycheck who run a blog.

All positive reviews focus on the music, the actual melodies, the sonically experimental nature of the record, etc. The bad are just hateful and they focus on her age, the 'she's chasing trends' line that we have heard over and over, the 'she's irrelevant' and 'she has no talent' stuff that we have heard many times before... It's depressing and frustrating and infuriating, but we must not give in. 

This record is special! It's a great work of art! It's fresh and new! It's experimental, futuristic and has an aural vibe to it at the same time. It's nothing like other pop records from the current 20-something it girls of today. Madonna will survive the test of time. These 20-something it girls of today won't, and most certainly these hateful reviewers will not be remembered for anything at all.

Disagree. It isn’t our job to worry about ad revenues, it’s our job to push back against unfairness and bias from a music critic. But this energy should be focused and have an objective. 

I think the objective should be an apology and retraction.  

Another almost-pensioned-off-writer who is deluded in thinking that the words they write are more important than the art/music they review.  

I'll be listening to Madame X more than I'll be reading that review. (which is just the once).

• 4 months later...
Guest Future feat Quavo

They didn't actually publish that list, it's just a ranking of their lowest reviews from this year

3 hours ago, PDC717 said:

I assume everyone here knows the critic was exposed as being a lamb who works with his fellow Mariah stans on writing hit pieces about her "diva rivals"?

So he's another Roger Freeman?

8 hours ago, PDC717 said:

I assume everyone here knows the critic was exposed as being a lamb who works with his fellow Mariah stans on writing hit pieces about her "diva rivals"?

I didn’t know. But I’m not surprised. 

• 6 months later...

:IMG_1564:

Seriously though, life hit him hard.