Pitchfork (s)hit-job review

3 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

This is another example of why I hate reading Madonna reviews. It's never about the music. It's just filled with personal attacks, picking and choosing moments of the past as ammunition. This person seems to love to know everything about her and then trash her. I've noticed a few fans like that. They used to like her but continue to follow her anyway just to be super negative. It's really irresponsible for the editors of Pitchfork to have someone so completely biased against her review the album.

I really hate this whole "cultural appropriation" thing. Is she just supposed to sing about being an Italian girl who was raised in Michigan? Like she's literally not allowed to appreciate other cultures? WTF has society turned into? One of the main reasons why I love Madonna is how fascinated she is by art and culture and how it inspires her. I love seeing her influences. That's the whole point of who she is and what she does. It's been like that since the beginning. Why should she stop being who she is? This goes into the age thing too. Why must she start being someone else when she hits a certain age? I feel weep for humanity when I hear shit like that. lol

It's not appropriation.

She worked with authentic musicians. They are on the album.

She didn't take anything.

Diffrent cultures are acknowledged. 

Sorry if my post is a bit messy, but this guy ruined my day. 😂

9 minutes ago, side_streets said:

It's not appropriation.

She worked with authentic musicians. They are on the album.

She didn't take anything.

Diffrent cultures are acknowledged. 

Sorry if my post is a bit messy, but this guy ruined my day. 😂

Yes! The review acts like she has no cred for any culture at all. As if she robbed them or something. I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yes! The review acts like she has no cred for any culture at all. As if she robbed them or something. I don't get it.

You don't get it, because the argument of cultural appropriation in this case is not valid. His review should have never been published.

12 hours ago, fandonna said:

we been knew since he is a....

B81A8685-C00A-45D3-9E8B-C0232B66A67B.png

Read some of his articles before. He's sometimes comes across as a SJW who picks on what to criticize.  No wonder he's written for Jezebel and loves dopey Mariah. Would respect him more if he had better taste in music.

He also made some weird comments about Madonna's "grotesque wealth" but would he say the same thing about Jay Z and Bey, and Mariah has been reported to have financial problems because she's a mess and lacks self discipline. 

The cultural appropriation comments is a symptom of this regressive ideology. Of course, appropriation exists, but disagree with it being broadly applied to Madonna's case.

4 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Looks like this isn’t going to end well for him lol

Why? This bitch acts like she is suffering abuse for stating her mind, playing the non partial game. I think many confused and ill informed teens would side with her

If he gets a ticket, can imagine him writing  a bad review for the tour to piss off all the fans who will come for him today.🤣

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

If he gets a ticket, can imagine him writing  a bad review for the tour to piss off all the fans who will come for him today.🤣

Yup. He would be like, "OMG! She's showing her grotesque wealth and appropriating other peoples' culture!" 😂

I honestly don't want to read bad reviews, not because I don't think others can have a different opinion than I do but because when there are so few that are very negative, it's clear that there is a personal slant rather than  an objective review of the work.  Silly me, I thought music reviews were supposed to be about the MUSIC and not the artist's age, beliefs, gender,  personal life, physical appearance etc.   I will read a less -than stellar review that is truly objective and focuses on the content, but not this brand of transparent slander in the guise of a professional critique.

Guest jamesshot
2 hours ago, side_streets said:

I addressed the issue to Pitchfork, but I think they wanted to have that review. 

There is a narrative how Madonna is" inarticulate".

Nail hitting head. I've seen this narrative has started because every hater uses it now. They ALWAYS bring up the lyrics of, "My mother died when I was five...." every time as proof.  I am pretty sure he posts on a forum I visit. I won't name it because all he will do, if he does post here, is start posting there to drag her. 

I didn't read his review and won't. It did not really affect the metacritic score so whatever. I, and many of us, knew they would write a shit review. Oh well. His beloved Mariah will never gain any success for his hit pieces on others. It must burn him up. He seems to be a deeply unhappy person. He needs to do hit pieces in order to make himself feel better but it never works. Keep chasing that dragon, bitch.

Thank you to all of you who have contacted bitchfork. I don't care if they are loving the attention. If they want a deeply unprofessional hit job of a review, it reflects on them, not anyone else. Keep fighting back. 

The funniest thing is him commenting on her wealth as if she hasn't done enourmous amounts of charity, complete nonsense.

I find reviews in general completely irrelevant and I don't get why they even exist, it's like - why does someone's opinion of a certain album or a movie matter more?

The most revealing part to me, is the complete lack of correct grammar and obvious absence of proofreading. Only lazy biased reviewers don't write correctly. Utter ignorance, just like their content:

"And look: Madonna’s always gonna Madonna."

Where the fuck is the motherfucking verb there between the lazy ass gonna and Madonna, huh? If someone is clearly incapable of writing properly in a professional capacity (as if in this case) and proofread what they write before publishing, then they should not even be given a space to mutter their mental diarrhea.

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Metacritics dropped from 72 to 70 because of this guy. Tragic. We need more good reviews.

I actually thought that with Pitchfork's review the overall score would go lower, but apparently Pitchfork is not heavily counted in Metacritic. Another couple of good ones, and she will be up in the high 70s. 

This album deserves it, really.

1 hour ago, Gaudet said:

The most revealing part to me, is the complete lack of correct grammar and obvious absence of proofreading. Only lazy biased reviewers don't write correctly. Utter ignorance, just like their content:

"And look: Madonna’s always gonna Madonna."

Where the fuck is the motherfucking verb there between the lazy ass gonna and Madonna, huh? If someone is clearly incapable of writing properly in a professional capacity (as if in this case) and proofread what they write before publishing, then they should not even be given a space to mutter their mental diarrhea.

i'm loath to defend him, especially because the substance of that sentence is inane, but it's a play on "haters gonna hate." at least he didn't write "madonna's always gon' madonna."

5 minutes ago, bardo said:

i'm loath to defend him, especially because the substance of that sentence is inane, but it's a play on "haters gonna hate." at least he didn't write "madonna's always gon' madonna."

Play on words bollocks, there are other parts in that soiled toilet paper filled with such idiocy that I am not going to bother to dig out again, he is a lazy ignorant turd.

I made the mistake of saying to a coworker that I feel like Pitchfork targets Madonna, and now he is giving me all these examples of low scores they have given other bands.  He insists they target everyone. But it seems different.

He's racist. Send to pitchfork.

And someone exposed him about trashing Gaga just because A Star Is Born was more commented than Caution

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZacharyRandol13/status/1140899628042215426?fbclid=IwAR2WVz1qHqGWHQS_M6VBomPLh31FtPSgYY7QqvTf6EWEAodanDdbqVW5Wbo

3 hours ago, Shane said:

I made the mistake of saying to a coworker that I feel like Pitchfork targets Madonna, and now he is giving me all these examples of low scores they have given other bands.  He insists they target everyone. But it seems different.

they are notorious for being harsh. however, their disdain for madonna is in a category of its own. the fact that stephen thomas erlewine (who's not m's biggest fan but has been very fair to her over the years) writes for them too but this review was given to rich tells you all you need to know. 

it is time for Madonna Fans act against these haters after all she always fight against everyone for us, why don't we do anything at al!!l....if this was a Beyonce album with that review or Gaga! damn those fans know how to press these haters disguise as critics..Pitchfork is a joke right now they lost all credibility like 10 years ago, and they always trash all Madonna albums, why do they need to review them? they are just a bunch of old hipsters, they always skip most pop albums...but not Madonna they review even the live albums. the most stupid line is that Madonna trying to do the awful we belong together song with Crave, lol

After all I love how this guy show how much she hates her, he knows that MOriah Carey would never make an album as impactful as Madame X, even MDNA sounds bigger than anything Carey has released all these years

lets hope that pitchfork ends soon , they just make news trashing all music, after Rolling silly stone also ends soon. It is obvious they just give the album to the most silly gay on earth, cause its ¨Madonna so only gays get her¨ stupid reason

Edited by dario

8 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yup. He would be like, "OMG! She's showing her grotesque wealth and appropriating other peoples' culture!" 😂

He's so annoying and he triggered me earlier, but I'm over it  now. Lol