Pitchfork (s)hit-job review

16 minutes ago, albertogerard said:

It's just ONE review. Go read one of the MANY great reviews of Madame X if this one bothers you so much.

I didn't and wont bother reading it. Focus on the positive. Quit feeding this troll.

Let people who care to do the job. If you cannot do anything, don't expect others to be the same. 

2 hours ago, side_streets said:

Annoying troll!

I told you he's an attention seeker. All feedback should be in Pitchwork and every message should be respectful and distant, simply stating the surprise that the magazine has such a low standard in their reviews! 

I've sent an email too and another message through Instagram.

Do not contact that loser at any account, people. He's an attention seeker and he was looking precisely this. Writing our concern that the standards for Pitchwork were not respected in this review and that we love their work and we don't understand how that lack of professionalism was admited is the way! 

Just now, karbatal said:

I've sent an email too and another message through Instagram.

Do not contact that loser at any account, people. He's an attention seeker and he was looking precisely this. Writing our concern that the standards for Pitchwork were not respected in this review and that we love their work and we don't understand how that lack of professionalism was admited is the way! 

I addressed the issue to Pitchfork, but I think they wanted to have that review. 

There is a narrative how Madonna is" inarticulate".

If you search on their website "Madonna Madame x" you already can't find that review. This paper is so bitter and misleading. Full of personal attacks. 0 objectivity. I mean, anybody that would read that would laugh ... We should not pay attention to that. He must be a Bruce Springsteen fan ... 😅🤣😂😅🤣😂

6 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I addressed the issue to Pitchfork, but I think they wanted to have that review. 

There is a narrative how Madonna is" inarticulate".

But the goal is not to make them retract, is to send our surprise at the lack of professionalism, so the rest of the writers in Pitchwork who secretly hate that lamb will laugh at him and he will know.

That's how media offices work :chuckle:

What is done is done, but we can smear the name of that unprofessional writer. He's a freelance and he depends on his name. Sometimes having lots of clicks doesn't pay off in media (although it's becoming the trend). 

1 minute ago, Ladyplus said:

If you search on their website "Madonna Madame x" you already can't find that review. This paper is so bitter and misleading. Full of personal attacks. 0 objectivity. I mean, anybody that would read that would laugh ... We should not pay attention to that. He must be a Bruce Springsteen fan ... 😅🤣😂😅🤣😂

Oh, in my email I thanked them for the beautiful and glowing and well writen Springsteen review, "clearly written by a professional" :rotfl:

Their reviewer doesn't choose the score, they pick a reviewer who they feel can articulate the general sentiment of the staff's average score.

It won't be news to the Pitchfork bros that he's biased. They know.

Hate them for this, but it doesn't take away from the level of what she's achieved this time around.

It hurts that it counts for aggregation sites though, she and the album deserve so much better than people that are this pathetic but such is life, reviews are just opinions and sometimes not even really that.

31 minutes ago, karbatal said:

But the goal is not to make them retract, is to send our surprise at the lack of professionalism, so the rest of the writers in Pitchwork who secretly hate that lamb will laugh at him and he will know.

That's how media offices work :chuckle:

What is done is done, but we can smear the name of that unprofessional writer. He's a freelance and he depends on his name. Sometimes having lots of clicks doesn't pay off in media (although it's becoming the trend). 

I hope it works.

I expressed my disappointment and said that they could have hired Piers Morgan to write the similar review. 

Hiring someone who has personal issues with Madonna makes them look unprofessional. 

1 hour ago, robster said:

my email to Pitchfork:

Dear Pitchfork,

My name is Rob Jacobs, and I live and work in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I consider myself to be a reasonable person, but for some reason the review of Madonna's Madame X album by Rich Juzwiak really makes me wonder what the objective in this move was exactly. 

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and had he not liked the album or music that would have been fine, no water under the bridge. However, when you as Pitchfork ask a well known Madonna hater (who has been banned from countless websites and forums for his continued Madonna trolling) to write a review about her latest offering, how do you expect to get an even somewhat objective take on said album. A quick google search combining his name with Madonna offers a long list of Madonna hate pieces all over several social media platforms such as twitter, instagram, and previous "reviews" of her work. 

The review is overflowing with what seems like a personal vendetta the writer has against Madonna herself, discussing various topics like her age, cultural appropriation, his undying love for Mariah Carey (whom he manages to mention in practically everything he writes) and various other things that obviously irk him, but he rarely discusses the music itself.

I'm VERY curious to know what you make of this review and how you think this affects your credibility as a publication when having albums reviewed by self professed haters of the respective artists!?

Kind regards, Rob

Amazing!!!

if this counts as 48 on metacritic, and if the mojo review is 80, she's still gonna balance out at a 70.

If there are more reviews still to come and if they're all 70+ she could pull it back to 73/74

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I told you he's an attention seeker. All feedback should be in Pitchwork and every message should be respectful and distant, simply stating the surprise that the magazine has such a low standard in their reviews! 

i agree. attacking rich will only allow him to claim to be a victim of madonna's horrible fans. but even respectful messages to pitchfork will do absolutely nothing. share your anger on here but emails and tweets will go unread or ignored. i know it's tempting, but it won't have any impact on their editorial process.

your energy is better spent retweeting positive reviews or posting your own on social media. 

It’s certainly entitled to it’s opinion, but I stopped reading after “grotesque wealth.” -At least TRY to hide your bias :rotfl:

I haven’t met a single person in real life that reads reviews, especially from Pitchfork (which used to be cool).

I skimmed it a bit and started cackling at her "cultural appropriation" of musical genres and she wants her own  - We Belong Together? 

Pressed lamb = gyro, and this one is overdone. 

35 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

It’s certainly entitled to it’s opinion, but I stopped reading after “grotesque wealth.” -At least TRY to hide your bias :rotfl:

I haven’t met a single person in real life that reads reviews, especially from Pitchfork (which used to be cool).

It's so stupid anyway, it's given so much weight with only a handful of reviews.  At least rotten tomatoes has usually 300+ reviews

3 hours ago, ultramadonna said:

Here are all his old Madonna posts that I could find on his blog. Send them to Pitchfork. At the very least we can maybe get the review pulled. Someone who has written essays on how much they hate this woman has no business reviewing her professionally.

https://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2005/11/the_queen_is_hy.html

https://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2008/04/easy-to-swallow.html

https://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2009/10/madonna-and-me.html

I like how he's supposed to be this HUGE MADONNA FAN yet he's been trashing her for years... even his COADF review (you know, the album when he was still loving her, supposedly) starts with him saying, 'I don't like Madonna'. Oh well, there was a time here when people like Gimmesomemo weren't supposed to be questioned despite their endless negativity. I've heard it all before.

EDIT : same people defending his 'right to be dissapointed' as well. Some things never change.

This is another example of why I hate reading Madonna reviews. It's never about the music. It's just filled with personal attacks, picking and choosing moments of the past as ammunition. This person seems to love to know everything about her and then trash her. I've noticed a few fans like that. They used to like her but continue to follow her anyway just to be super negative. It's really irresponsible for the editors of Pitchfork to have someone so completely biased against her review the album.

I really hate this whole "cultural appropriation" thing. Is she just supposed to sing about being an Italian girl who was raised in Michigan? Like she's literally not allowed to appreciate other cultures? WTF has society turned into? One of the main reasons why I love Madonna is how fascinated she is by art and culture and how it inspires her. I love seeing her influences. That's the whole point of who she is and what she does. It's been like that since the beginning. Why should she stop being who she is? This goes into the age thing too. Why must she start being someone else when she hits a certain age? I feel weep for humanity when I hear shit like that. lol