Pitchfork (s)hit-job review

Here are all his old Madonna posts that I could find on his blog. Send them to Pitchfork. At the very least we can maybe get the review pulled. Someone who has written essays on how much they hate this woman has no business reviewing her professionally.

https://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2005/11/the_queen_is_hy.html

https://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2008/04/easy-to-swallow.html

https://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour/2009/10/madonna-and-me.html

1 minute ago, ultramadonna said:

Here are all his old Madonna posts that I could find on his blog. Send them to Pitchfork. At the very least we can maybe get the review pulled. Someone who has written essays on how much they hate this woman has no business reviewing her professionally.

OMG!!!!! We cannot let him get away with this!

3 minutes ago, ultramadonna said:

THIS!!!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, side_streets said:

Annoying troll!

This is the conservative Christian thing to do...and sadly smart. Make HIMSELF the victim when people call him on his bullying, sexism and unprofessionalism. "I know I'd get lots of negative attention for writing a scathingly negative article about a woman I hate disguised as an album review...but my freedom as a reviewer won't be silenced by petty things like integrity or METOO and now I am being vilified for it."

We should all make note that the offender is probably reading our posts.  I'm about to go rogue.

Mr. Offender, karma is a beautiful, hungry bitch.

I tweet @pitchfork regarding the review.  I refuse to give this troll any recognition by tweeting at him.  I simply question Pitchfork's credibility and relevancy.

15 minutes ago, nicholasyund said:

Just sent this to Pitchfork on IG 

4E20C152-5156-4DD0-8D11-7ED16223DB1C.png

This is all true, but Pitchfork is probably going to write this off as a mad biased superfan. We need to send Pitchfork PROOF of the writer being biased (which we HAVE)! He has openly admitted to disliking Madonna. Yet Pitchfork hired him anyway. Therein lies the problem . 

Just another "woke" liberal gay guy bashing Madonna, nothing new to see here folks

"Woke" gay men and women are her biggest haters it seems nowadays

Just now, Drowned World said:

I notice pitchfork give the most generic music the better ratings. Says it all really.  🤷Knew the review they'd give her, so no surprises there. 😏

didn't I tell say this weeks ago? this is what they do always do... applaud you (well, just OK you) if you are a popstar and give simple pop music, and criticise you when you try to be experimental. they never celebrate creativity and individuality. they're into labels and want people to stick to their thing. they're the type who probably think "like a virgin" is her best album

unless you're boring Beyonce who hires teams writing songs for her, then you'll get rewarded

I haven't read it and I'm not going to. All I can say is I hope ya'll are tearing him apart in comments or on whatever social media platform is available to drag this little f*ggot through the mud.

Just now, Kurt420 said:

I haven't read it and I'm not going to. All I can say is I hope ya'll are tearing him apart in comments or on whatever social media platform is available to drag this little f*ggot through the mud.

THIS

my email to Pitchfork:

Dear Pitchfork,

My name is Rob Jacobs, and I live and work in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I consider myself to be a reasonable person, but for some reason the review of Madonna's Madame X album by Rich Juzwiak really makes me wonder what the objective in this move was exactly. 

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and had he not liked the album or music that would have been fine, no water under the bridge. However, when you as Pitchfork ask a well known Madonna hater (who has been banned from countless websites and forums for his continued Madonna trolling) to write a review about her latest offering, how do you expect to get an even somewhat objective take on said album. A quick google search combining his name with Madonna offers a long list of Madonna hate pieces all over several social media platforms such as twitter, instagram, and previous "reviews" of her work. 

The review is overflowing with what seems like a personal vendetta the writer has against Madonna herself, discussing various topics like her age, cultural appropriation, his undying love for Mariah Carey (whom he manages to mention in practically everything he writes) and various other things that obviously irk him, but he rarely discusses the music itself.

I'm VERY curious to know what you make of this review and how you think this affects your credibility as a publication when having albums reviewed by self professed haters of the respective artists!?

Kind regards, Rob

4 minutes ago, robster said:

my email to Pitchfork:

Dear Pitchfork,

My name is Rob Jacobs, and I live and work in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I consider myself to be a reasonable person, but for some reason the review of Madonna's Madame X album by Rich Juzwiak really makes me wonder what the objective in this move was exactly. 

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and had he not liked the album or music that would have been fine, no water under the bridge. However, when you as Pitchfork ask a well known Madonna hater (who has been banned from countless websites and forums for his continued Madonna trolling) to write a review about her latest offering, how do you expect to get an even somewhat objective take on said album. A quick google search combining his name with Madonna offers a long list of Madonna hate pieces all over several social media platforms such as twitter, instagram, and previous "reviews" of her work. 

The review is overflowing with what seems like a personal vendetta the writer has against Madonna herself, discussing various topics like her age, cultural appropriation, his undying love for Mariah Carey (whom he manages to mention in practically everything he writes) and various other things that obviously irk him, but he rarely discusses the music itself.

I'm VERY curious to know what you make of this review and how you think this affects your credibility as a publication when having albums reviewed by self professed haters of the respective artists!?

Kind regards, Rob

Perfect! :brenspin:

10 minutes ago, robster said:

my email to Pitchfork:

Dear Pitchfork,

Kind regards, Rob

This is very well written. Great job. I hope others will join in and send them more mails because the more, the better. One or two angry fans wont make a difference. Most important is to show he is biased.

Thanks everyone. My main objection with the review is how Pitchfork can ask someone who is so blatantly transparent in his hatred towards her as a person to write a review about her album! If it was done with full knowledge of this guy's background, then Pitchfork should be called out for their clickbait type of reviews and not be taken into account or taken seriously on a larger scale... not just in regards to this Madonna review. It shows intent and a malicious attitude.

24 minutes ago, robster said:

my email to Pitchfork:

Dear Pitchfork,

Kind regards, Rob

AMAZING Robster!!

Thank you! 

This looks so much better than anything I would've sent to them.....lol.

11 minutes ago, robster said:

Thanks everyone. My main objection with the review is how Pitchfork can ask someone who is so blatantly transparent in his hatred towards her as a person to write a review about her album! If it was done with full knowledge of this guy's background, then Pitchfork should be called out for their clickbait type of reviews and not be taken into account or taken seriously on a larger scale... not just in regards to this Madonna review. It shows intent and a malicious attitude.

Bravo Rob

It's just ONE review. Go read one of the MANY great reviews of Madame X if this one bothers you so much.

I didn't and wont bother reading it. Focus on the positive. Quit feeding this troll.