Pitchfork (s)hit-job review

Guest jamesshot
1 minute ago, acko said:

U know what she's getting the Grammy... For Album of the Year So there....

The Grammys hate her. And you know what? She should shun them. Completely. I hope she wins Best Album and is not there to accept, doesn't accept and never again submits her stuff to that sham. 

Guest Future feat Quavo

I hope she gets a nod from the LATIN Grammys...they submitted Medellín I believe. 

Those Pitchfork guys will be as alone and embarrassed as those German reviewers. Mark my words that they'll release later an article singing to Madonna's tune when the album developes and it's trendy and hip to like her. Pretentious people are always turning around because their FOMO is too much :rotfl:

1 hour ago, smeowly said:

rich is one of those bitchy gay men who thinks being contrary, snarky and subversive = being intelligent.

i'm not surprised at the bad review from pitchfork

You hit it on the head.

I would add that he sounds like he hates the world. Why so much negativity and why such people are allowed to review anything? He sounds so unhappy that he wants to drag Madonna down for no reason. I am amazed he would love anyone even a horrible "artist" as Moo. But she is as jaded, so it seems fitting.

Many prejudiced discourses of the past disguised as professional opinions today are not tolerable. Homophobia, racism, xenophobia. Nowadays we still see "professional opinions" full of sexism like that. Time goes by, time will pass and they will be very ashamed to have written this sort of thing. It's a shame ... Observing these situations I realize that the Madonna along with her creativity and her work will only really be recognized by the media when she is no longer with us.

it's unfortunate that metacritic (perhaps as pretentious as pitchfork), is so anal about who to add and what weight they hold, but completely disregard the unfairness or bias in a review. if the review spent half or more on an artist's career or personality, they shouldn't be counted.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

it's unfortunate that metacritic (perhaps as pretentious as pitchfork), is so anal about who to add and what weight they hold, but completely disregard the unfairness or bias in a review. if the review spent half or more on an artist's career or personality, they shouldn't be counted.

THIS!!

who cares about metacritic anyway in this day and age, it's the most lazy, inaccurate, biased thing, who cares, other than her fans no one cares lol

as for the pitchfork review, it's special, I hope the reviewer got a real kick out of writing it, then at least it served some kind of purpose, really, what an idiot, I feel sorry for him a little bit

From Belgium with Love :

Les Soir en De Tijd praise the album, appreciating the vitality saying that this is still the Madonna
from 4 decades ago. Nobody can take her place. (as in basically the only two newspapers
that matter.)

Humo en Moustique give glowing reviews, Although the Killers lyrics didn't go down well. They are rather fond of M.

De Standaard: She's a thief. Actually going as far as 2 cite how many Latinos there are in the world and what that could
mean in terms consumers. A disgustingly cynical review.

5 minutes ago, acko said:

From Belgium with Love :

Les Soir en De Tijd praise the album, appreciating the vitality saying that this is still the Madonna
from 4 decades ago. Nobody can take her place. (as in basically the only two newspapers
that matter.)

Humo en Moustique give glowing reviews, Although the Killers lyrics didn't go down well. They are rather fond of M.

De Standaard: She's a thief. Actually going as far as 2 cite how many Latinos there are in the world and what that could
mean in terms consumers. A disgustingly cynical review.

Oh, and last Friday I deliberately did not buy 'de tijd' fearing they'd be horrible. should've done it anyway

1 minute ago, Pretender1978 said:

who cares about metacritic anyway in this day and age, it's the most lazy, inaccurate, biased thing, who cares, other than her fans no one cares lol

Again, the general public does. If you are not a fan and you are undecided if you should get that album, you would check it out.

19 minutes ago, santiago said:

Regarding the Pitchfork review, we should not ingore it. The reviewer must be exposed!!

yeah, exposing this particular Mariah fan is fine, but don't dwell on pitchfork themselves, that's what they love and it gives them traffic.

Giving someone who hates her to do a review is highly unprofessional. If I were a critic, I would never review Gaga, because I wouldn't be objective. This guy is full of shit, including Pitchfork.