Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

God Control video - OUT NOW!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, bitsy said:

This song is definitely overrated in the fanbase. Sure it's "interesting" but it isn't catchy, once you heard it you heard it enough times.

I only hope the video will have a poignant message without relying too much on long monolouges.

:rotfl:

Absurdity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How can she have backlashes from a performance she has not yet performed or even a music video she's not yet release ?

Bloody hell . GC is an amazing song and we will have an AMAZINg video by the looks of things . 

Can't we just enjoy it before ripping it to shreds ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The song is about Gun Control and the devastation of loss of innocent lives of gun massacres   Of course it should have a powerful video with a message.  Otherwise,  why bother.  This is the song to have a video that hammers home the lyrics and message.  There is no point in pussy footing around and avoiding the issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This song has more replay value (to me) than probably any of her songs. It is constantly changing and I hear something new every time, it is epic and one of her best songs. Who cares what someone’s friend’s step-daughter thinks? Not to knock other songs on the album, but anyone who thinks Crazy or Come Alive (great song also) are the best ones on the album—over God Control—has got to go!

No, God Control does not have a repetitive chorus or typical song structure at all...it is not really a pop song, but it is BRILLIANT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

How can she have backlashes from a performance she has not yet performed or even a music video she's not yet release ?

It seems we’re all doing pre-backlashes now, over-blown hyper-dramatic reactions to anything that’s announced or teased. This video and performances that are weeks away from happening.

We saw earlier in this thread, within the space of about 6 posts, near meltdowns from someone mentioning the video was pushed back/delayed—barely a day after the teaser. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

Maybe there will be some mash-ups or even a second album: Candy Control? Candies who are partying? Bitch I'm Candy? Dark Candy? I don't search I find Candy? Faz Candy Gostoso? Looking for Candy? Craving for Candy?

Hahaha I'm cackling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Simo9jo said:

It seems we’re all doing pre-backlashes now, over-blown hyper-dramatic reactions to anything that’s announced or teased. This video and performances that are weeks away from happening.

We saw earlier in this thread, within the space of about 6 posts, near meltdowns from someone mentioning the video was pushed back/delayed—barely a day after the teaser. 

Crazy times we‘re living in in which opinions are like sore a-holes with everybody having one or (as somebody else already mentioned) presenting them as so-called facts.

Yet, there are still many optimistic, smart and funny people on this forum which makes me happy. 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I was soooooo disappointed when Impressive Instant was cut from the Sticky & Sweet Tour. I can't remember what replaced it. Was it Hung Up? Anyway, I'm hoping tracks from Music and American Life are revisited on this tour...…… plus Candy Shop of course. 😜

Impressive Instant was replaced by LAP. 

I would very much like tracks from Music and AL as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's the 3rd most played song from Madame X on Spotify, after Faz and Medellin.................. guess it has a replay value for some people, :rotfl:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My cousin's neighbor's 12 year old daughter's teacher's gym instructor thinks God Control is not as cool as BLACKPINK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The song is about Gun Control and the devastation of loss of innocent lives of gun massacres   Of course it should have a powerful video with a message.  Otherwise,  why bother.  This is the song to have a video that hammers home the lyrics and message.  There is no point in pussy footing around and avoiding the issue. 

Say it again for the folks in the back!!!   :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I hope she goes balls to the wall on this one. No holding back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The song is about Gun Control and the devastation of loss of innocent lives of gun massacres   Of course it should have a powerful video with a message.  Otherwise,  why bother.  This is the song to have a video that hammers home the lyrics and message.  There is no point in pussy footing around and avoiding the issue. 

 

1 minute ago, VogueMusic said:

Say it again for the folks in the back!!!   :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I hope she goes balls to the wall on this one. No holding back.

Wholeheartedly agree. The truth and horror of this subject must be represented no matter how frightening and ugly it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Butter9 said:

How can she have backlashes from a performance she has not yet performed or even a music video she's not yet release ?

Bloody hell . GC is an amazing song and we will have an AMAZINg video by the looks of things . 

Can't we just enjoy it before ripping it to shreds ?

 

2 hours ago, Simo9jo said:

It seems we’re all doing pre-backlashes now, over-blown hyper-dramatic reactions to anything that’s announced or teased. This video and performances that are weeks away from happening.

We saw earlier in this thread, within the space of about 6 posts, near meltdowns from someone mentioning the video was pushed back/delayed—barely a day after the teaser. 

 

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who needs the GP when we're becoming our own worst enemy.

This is already shaping up to be one of her best eras in the last decade (and more). And it's not gonna happen again for a good while. So I say enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

God Control is typical Mirwais and I love it. It does not follow proper song structure, similar to American Life. Actually, both songs would sound great linked together for the tour.

 

👍

 

Plus, while we are talking about American Life/God Control, subject matter wise they are very much related, it couldn't be a better match. Here we are, sixteen years later and the commentary on America's wars and the fickleness of American society as a whole has been followed by everything we've been watching unfold in the news since, violence, bigotry, racism, religious fundamentalism of all colours, baseless imperialistic wars sold as democracy exportation, reality TV, the dawn of social media etc etc

But I get it that not everyone sees it that way. They probably think Madonna should just stick to Vogue, Deeper & Deeper and Hung Up simply because "it's the gay pride".

Madonna has always a bigger narrative in mind which is what makes her Madonna in the first place

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, XXL said:

 

👍

 

Plus, while we are talking about American Life/God Control, subject matter wise they are very much related, it couldn't be a better match. Here we are, sixteen years later and the commentary on America's wars and the fickleness of American society as a whole has been followed by everything we've been watching unfold in the news since, violence, bigotry, racism, religious fundamentalism of all colours, baseless imperialistic wars sold as democracy exportation, reality TV, the dawn of social media etc etc

But I get it that not everyone sees it that way. They probably think Madonna should just stick to Vogue, Deeper & Deeper and Hung Up simply because "it's the gay pride".

Madonna has always a bigger narrative in mind which is what makes her Madonna in the first place

 

I think that’s a gross misrepresentation of what people are reacting to when it comes to performing at pride - more specifically at a pride CIRCUIT PARTY. Of course no one is objecting to Madonna being political or thought-provoking or having a bigger message, that is part of why we all love her.  It’s about creating actual positive impact by having the right message for the right audience at the right time when they are open and ready for it. The only thing sweaty muscle mary’s rolling on molly at a pride circuit party are open and ready for is more drugs and possibly a bit of double penetration and, by god, just let them be!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Who needs the GP when we're becoming our own worst enemy.

This is already shaping up to be one of her best eras in the last decade (and more). And it's not gonna happen again for a good while. So I say enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Yes, people should really enjoy the wonderful ride she is giving us this time, everything about it is amazing so far--most importantly--the music. I think she is really going to go for it with the video, someone fucking has to, as even in this thread, so many people people are so concerned about "the way it will come across" or "she had better be sensitive." What doesn't come across well, and is as insensitive as can be, is that we barely hear about mass shootings in the US now...it's a sound bite for a day. I'm proud of her for speaking up (once again)...and with such a great song. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Simo9jo said:

Yes, people should really enjoy the wonderful ride she is giving us this time, everything about it is amazing so far--most importantly--the music. I think she is really going to go for it with the video, someone fucking has to, as even in this thread, so many people people are so concerned about "the way it will come across" or "she had better be sensitive." What doesn't come across well, and is as insensitive as can be, is that we barely hear about mass shootings in the US now...it's a sound bite for a day. I'm proud of her for speaking up (once again)...and with such a great song. 

Actually I think we hear about them all the time. We just do nothing about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...