God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

She's been putting out good, non-offensive singles for the past few albums and it has gotten her nowhere. Radio doesn't play them and the general public either doesn't know they exist or are indifferent to them. So, I say "fuck it!" Time to ruffle some feathers.

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

You're telling me! lol

I hear that all the time though. People justify gun rights for this very reason. What would we do to defend ourselves if the gov't turned against us?? A martial law type of situation.

If anyone thinks whatever guns that they may have stockpiled would compete with what the government has in store then they in for a rude fuckin awakening!!

This defies logic. How many times has the government actually turned on them and they had to use their guns? Are there any specific tell signs that the government will turn on them?

It's like suspecting your spouse of infidelity 24/7 and having a divorce attorney on standby.

1 hour ago, Lindyloo said:

The media will go bonkers over this but I think that’s what she wants. Spark debate, get people talking. 

She is brave, she stands up for what she believes in and whatever she does she will get a backlash for, but this is exactly why I love her. 

It will be interesting what Piers ‘the plank’ Morgan says about this video as he is totally opposed to guns.

Bring it on Madonna.

They will all focus on how offensive she is, and that she's being insensitive.

There is a tiny chance that this will end well for her, but it's gonna be very difficult for her and her team to go through this.

50 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

She's been putting out good, non-offensive singles for the past few albums and it has gotten her nowhere. Radio doesn't play them and the general public either doesn't know they exist or are indifferent to them. So, I say "fuck it!" Time to ruffle some feathers.

+1

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

That debate is fruitless and absurd. Guns should be carried by professionals. Regular people shouln't have guns. 

But you also have trigger happy cops gunning down people for the stupidest of reasons.

1 hour ago, Dany Targaryen said:

They will all focus on how offensive she is, and that she's being insensitive.

There is a tiny chance that this will end well for her, but it's gonna be very difficult for her and her team to go through this.

It doesn’t matter what she does, they will still rip her to shreds as per usual...so who cares? She may as well give them something to really be outraged by. 

What will be remembered is the music ultimately, and this is some of her best, so who cares about people getting offended. 

Media will find something offensive with her mv. They’ll spin it their way to make her look bad. Thank god M never gives a shit. 

Pretty sure they’ll go interview friends and Family of those victims and give them the narrative that M uses their tragedies to promote her album. 

Can’t be as bad a backlash as she’ll get by the worst setlist ever possible she’s doing at Pride “I rise” and “future”. I love her but seriously some of the decisions ???!!

5 minutes ago, Shaun said:

😂😂 Seriously. The fucking drama.

Something happened today. People might be subconsciously under the influence of that Pitchfork review.

Year from now people will say how Madame X was terrible. 😂

1 minute ago, side_streets said:

Something happened today. People might be subconsciously under the influence of that Pitchfork review.

Year from now people will say how all Madame X was terrible. 😂

Believe me some are already biting their tongues. 

6 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Believe me some are already biting their tongues. 

Being a Madonna fan sometimes can be tough.

I came here in 2012 after "black-muslim-in-the-white-house" gate to escape from media that were bashing Madonna constantly.

I need a little bit of positivity in my life when it comes to Madonna, but it has been really nerve wracking lately. 😀

someone on infinity claims video was planned for today or tomorrow but they decided to delay it or not release it this week. I don't know if this is true but the member is not a troll.

I'm so glad I live in a country where 99.9% of the population has never touched a real gun and has no desire to.

26 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Year from now people will say how Madame X was terrible. 😂

Nah that’s not happening with me. This album will have legs. Pitchfork even gave COADF a blah score. We all know their game.

what really set me off was the Pride set list 

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Nah that’s not happening with me. This album will have legs. Pitchfork even gave COADF a blah score. We all know their game.

what really set me off was the Pride set list 

I support her artistic vision, but she might reconsider her set list a little bit if the info is accurate. 

If video is pulled I am not surprised, it is such a sensitive subject. But I hope it wont, it looked super good and super sad with the massacre. Her message is strong. Lebel may be pressing her to not do it. Mensch, Robsters? Anything?

3 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

If video is pulled I am not surprised, it is such a sensitive subject. But I hope it wont, it looked super good and super sad with the massacre. Her message is strong. Lebel may be pressing her to not do it. Mensch, Robsters? Anything?

It would make no sense. She shot in February and teased it this Monday FOUR MONTHS LATER. Why would she decide not to release it?

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

someone on infinity claims video was planned for today or tomorrow but they decided to delay it or not release it this week. I don't know if this is true but the member is not a troll.

Well Medellin and Crave were released on Wednesdays so it wouldn’t have been a surprise and it would have gave a last push to the album for this weeks chart.

Maybe they think the video might actually hurt sales because of backlash....

In which case wait until she has that #1 in the bag, then release the video.

3 minutes ago, Cesky said:

It would make no sense. She shot in February and teased it this Monday FOUR MONTHS LATER. Why would she decide not to release it?

Because of the same reason she didn't release it as her first single, record company told her not to, Orlando massacre and that video, risky promotion to start the album but why now? Same reason, record company doesnt want it. There would be huge backlash

1 minute ago, Dindi said:

Of course it could, in USA

3 minutes ago, Dindi said:

In which case wait until she has that #1 in the bag, then release the video.

She has the number 1. Jonas Brothers are only selling 50k.  They should release it and hope it creates controversy.

3 minutes ago, Dindi said:

In which case wait until she had that #1 in the bag, then release the video.

This makes sense. She doesn't want to risk the sales on the first week.