God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

I took this photo this morning from today's Melbourne Herald Sun to send to a mate....after looking back at it it's kind of fitting with today's news of God Control...

Look at the headline above Ms advertisement!!!

1 hour ago, Sjewell88 said:

Ok point taken.  Maybe that is a bad example.  My point is even M has said there were loads of times  in her past she was provocative just from provocations sake.  This time she’s delivering a commentary on a societal issue she cares about passionately.

Yes! I hate when people say she's always trying to be controversial and she does it just for attention. And yet her videos have all been pretty safe since the original American Life video. I feel like it's the right time to shake things up.

5 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

Okay everything was awesome until that last bit................ My stomach turned. It might be incredible or truly horrible depending on how it’s handled.

On a sunnier note, I had no idea the lady knew how to drive a car, haha. 

Don’t you forget. :wow: :lmao:

Do we know who the director of the video clip is yet? 

I hope the clip is as impactful/in your face as Childish Gambino - This Is America from last year.

4 hours ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

Yup....back then she hashtagged God Control's lyrics. 😉

yea. she posted it in March.

All videos are visually impeccable, all releases consistent, this is a dream for any Madonna’s fan (and we know we have asked for this in all ki d of prayers). 

I trust she finally had her say in all aspects and had the respect to release everything on her time ... FINALLY 

Bring on the backlash, bring on whatever you want but mostly bring on the creativity she has been freed to release.

I AM READY

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Um, the first thing I thought of when I saw that clip was the Pulse nightclub shooting. It was the worst mass shooting in US history. How could it not be compared? But I don't think this is a bad thing. People need to wake up. People forgot it happened and nothing changed. More mass shoots have happened since and no gun laws have changed. I say BRING IT ON! Fox News will have a field day with this but they did with American Life too. Madonna herself compared the Madame X album to American Life and she is well aware of the avalanche of hate she got from the general public and media over that. She does not give a shit. She's be fine.

Ok so what are you arguing here. I said I think the nightclub setting is all the reference it needs. 

Guest eroticerotic
6 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I just hope it's tastefully done and not crazy macabre and depressing. 

I have a feeling the video is going to go there - to leave the viewers really stirred up

Just now, Aries said:

Reminds me of the real life tragedy of the massacre at a gay club in Florida 

I believe That's the point

Guest jamesshot

People who bitch about her controversies only bitch about them because they can't be that creative and get their point across as effectively. And it would never be bitched about if she were a man. 

Just now, jamesshot said:

People who bitch about her controversies only bitch about them because they can't be that creative and get their point across as effectively. And it would never be bitched about if she were a man. 

That's a very good point, and just as valid today as it was in 2002 (AL and M aside, would the Dixie Chicks have faced the controversy they did if they'd been the Dixie Dudes?) If Childish Gambino or Kendrick Lamar did something like this they'd be praised. Oh, wait, they did something like this and they were praised. 

It's impossible to imagine Mambo's living male (or female, for that matter) peers like Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John doing anything of the kind as they're busy making money off ancient hits on endless farewell tours, but one can only imagine the reaction David Bowie would have received if he were still alive and released a video like this. He would be showered in praise and seen as a courageous genius. Which is exactly what he was, but being male he also got the credit for it.

That said, let's wait and see what happens. I'd like to think the world is ready to respect M for tackling the subject of god gun control through her art rather than rip her to shreads. 

Guest jamesshot
8 minutes ago, Foolio said:

That's a very good point, and just as valid today as it was in 2002 (AL and M aside, would the Dixie Chicks have faced the controversy they did if they'd been the Dixie Dudes?) If Childish Gambino or Kendrick Lamar did something like this they'd be praised. Oh, wait, they did something like this and they were praised. 

It's impossible to imagine Mambo's living male (or female, for that matter) peers like Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John doing anything of the kind as they're busy making money off ancient hits on endless farewell tours, but one can only imagine the reaction David Bowie would have received if he were still alive and released a video like this. He would be showered in praise and seen as a courageous genius. Which is exactly what he was, but being male he also got the credit for it.

That said, let's wait and see what happens. I'd like to think the world is ready to respect M for tackling the subject of god gun control through her art rather than rip her to shreads. 

Bingo!

I don't know if the world will ever truly accept Madonna, or any female but esp her, for doing anything. Years after the fact they do like how LAP and EY were seen as obscene and vulgar then years later masterpieces. What is esp poignant and it WOULD have been pointed out if she were a male rapper or a male singer, is how her LAP video came out at the same time as the Central Park Five case happened. Similar themes. She was way ahead of her time. As always.

So excited. Madonna is yet again her own muse, referencing to many of her previous videos, especially to Deeper and Deeper. That video had an eerie quality to it, with the crazy cult leader and all, but God Control seems to take things to whole new level with the club shooting. I'm glad she has the balls for this, it's like a long overdue resurrection of the original American Life video. 

4 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I appreciate how visually diverse all the videos have been this era. It's never boring. We never know what to expect.

This is very true. Everything has been pretty much on point. 

Madonna is not playing nice. Madonna doesn't bother about backlash because backlash comes when people are put outside their comfort zone. Madonna is going full force here.