God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

8 minutes ago, headonfire said:

One thought I keep coming to is that I'm pretty convinced M wanted to release God Control as the first single, and Interscope pushed against it, and that's why we got Medellin as the beginning of Madame X's journey.

My reasoning for this is that God Control was the first video shot back in February. Then when the rumours about Eurovision started to spread, there were repeated mentions that Eurovision were not in agreement with the performance of one of the songs, which they said was political and controversial. And then, we got Future. 🤷‍♂️

All of this leads me to believe that we got Medellin (single), I Rise (promo), Crave (single), Future (promo) and Dark Ballet (promo) as part of the release strategy because: 1) there's nothing controversial about any of the songs; 2) the features might appeal to different segments of the market; 3) and each of these songs showcase the diversity and experimental nature of the record.

I think the era has been faultless, and I have loved every single thing, but can't help wonder how it would have started if we got God Control as the first single.

yup. i wonder too. i'd forgotten about the eurovision rumor, but it all seems to make sense. i'm just glad it's being released, regardless of when.

Just now, systemvalues said:

I thought you were talking about a possible backlash after the release of the video coming from the GP.

Nope. I was referring to perceptions and trolling by the GP. It's okay.🙂

1 minute ago, bardo said:

yup. i wonder too. i'd forgotten about the eurovision rumor, but it all seems to make sense. i'm just glad it's being released, regardless of when.

It does, doesn't it? I'm glad it's not just me with that theory. 😊

Yes, I'm very happy with the roll out for this era, and it's just incredible that God Control is getting proper single treatment. The song totally deserves it as one of the many highlights of the album.

Madonna is brave enough to go where others won't.  How often do we read in America people saying that they are sick of the usual " sending thoughts and prayers"  and no action when yet another group of innocent lives are tragically taken by someone with a gun.  Happens all the time.  Glad to see her speaking so strongly about an issue she feels so passionate about and having the strength of her convictions to address it in a video.  She is talking about something happening in her own country and she has every right to do so.  

I'm so excited for this video! Wonder if it's going to be released this week?

3 hours ago, UnapologeticRebel said:

I have to agree with this.  I was turned off at the last scene and my stomach turned as well.  I really don’t know if I can watch something so horrifying if it’s very violent or worse, a re-enactment.  

Loved the rest though.

Oh please blood s not glitter

9 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Madonna is brave enough to go where others won't.  How often do we read in America people saying that they are sick of the usual " sending thoughts and prayers"  and no action when yet another group of innocent lives are tragically taken by someone with a gun.  Happens all the time.  Glad to see her speaking so strongly about an issue she feels so passionate about and having the strength of her convictions to address it in a video.  She is talking about something happening in her own country and she has every right to do so.  

THIS THIS THIS TNKS

29 minutes ago, bardo said:

this was a serious commentary about a fucked up society (america) with a long history of racism that hasn't improved much in the last 30 years. 

Ok point taken.  Maybe that is a bad example.  My point is even M has said there were loads of times  in her past she was provocative just from provocations sake.  This time she’s delivering a commentary on a societal issue she cares about passionately.

Guest jamesshot

Did anyone see her Twitter? (Sry, I've only read this page lol). The bloodbath at the end? She is going there. Brave. 

1 hour ago, Simo9jo said:

She really gives no fucks this era and it is glorious to listen/watch unfurl. I cannot wait to see this video! 

I've been thinking the same. All she wants to do with this album is to make a statement(s) to the world with the things she thinks is wrong with it. Whether it hits chart wise is not what's important. People, love, treating everyone with compassion IS what's important no matter what and who they are. 

43 minutes ago, Elysium said:

Nope. I was referring to perceptions and trolling by the GP. It's okay.🙂

Oh ok. 😊

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

What's Rafaella signature dance move?

to trow her head back countless times. 🙂

3 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Uh, I hope not. That would be really stupid. She's already got it in a nightclub, I think that's all the reference the video needs. 

Um, the first thing I thought of when I saw that clip was the Pulse nightclub shooting. It was the worst mass shooting in US history. How could it not be compared? But I don't think this is a bad thing. People need to wake up. People forgot it happened and nothing changed. More mass shoots have happened since and no gun laws have changed. I say BRING IT ON! Fox News will have a field day with this but they did with American Life too. Madonna herself compared the Madame X album to American Life and she is well aware of the avalanche of hate she got from the general public and media over that. She does not give a shit. She's be fine.

16 minutes ago, Sloane said:

I don't understand how you all like the look here but hate the Jump wig.

You can not compare this wig to Jump. Yeah, I'm not crazy about it but it's much better than that one. At least for me.

Guest jamesshot

There's no telling how this will go down but we could be pleasantly surprised and she may for once be given some credit for making a really bold move.

Then I woke up from a fuzzy dream..........

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

I don't understand how you all like the look here but hate the Jump wig.

Because they're two different wigs...? Yes theyre both short and blonde .. but very different