God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

1 minute ago, justinian said:

The eye patch will not beĀ featuredĀ allover in this video

It looks like it will not be featured at all, but Madame X is gonna be all over it, in the very fabric of it, within each shot.Ā šŸ˜‰

OMG! I am SHOOK.

It's all very smart and meta isn't it? She'll be dancing to her own song about gun control and then a shooting will take place (probably).

Why shouldn't she reference Pulse? This is coming out at Pride. 50 people in a gay club were shot to death and America has done FUCK ALL about it. Needless to mention all the other daily mass shootings. No pussyfooting around here.

Just now, MadFan said:

OMG! I am SHOOK.

It's all very smart and meta isn't it? She'll be dancing to her own song about gun control and then (probably) get shot.

Why shouldn't she reference Pulse? This is coming out at Pride. 50 people in a gay club were shot to death and America has done FUCK ALL about it. Needless to mention all the other daily mass shootings. No pussyfooting around here.

:clap::bow:

Just now, MadFan said:

OMG! I am SHOOK.

It's all very smart and meta isn't it? She'll be dancing to her own song about gun control and then (probably) get shot.

:clap:Ā 

Just now, MadFan said:

OMG! I am SHOOK.

You make a good point.Ā 

But it is definitely scary territory to be wading into. Speaking as someone who was living in Orlando at the time with my dad when Pulse happened (and subsequently stayed up 48 hours straight), it's definitely a traumatic memory for me. I wasn't even there and I still have trouble thinking about it. 3 ppl I knew were wounded, 1 person I knew died. It was bad.Ā 

So, idk. It's very complex. Mass shootings are one of the more embarrassing things about being American (there are probably 300 other embarrassing things), but it is also a very real thing. So this has to be done right, or it could just simply look like its lacking in taste.

I err on the side of trusting Madonna.

10 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

You make a good point.Ā 

But it is definitely scary territory to be wading into. Speaking as someone who was living in Orlando at the time with my dad when Pulse happened (and subsequently stayed up 48 hours straight), it's definitely a traumatic memory for me. I wasn't even there and I still have trouble thinking about it. 3 ppl I knew were wounded, 1 person I knew died. It was bad.Ā 

So, idk. It's very complex. Mass shootings are one of the more embarrassing things about being American (there are probably 300 other embarrassing things), but it is also a very real thing. So this has to be done right, or it could just simply look like its lacking in taste.

I err on the side of trusting Madonna.

I'm very sorry to hear that. šŸ’‹ I'm not American but am truly deeply disturbed by this issue and I think about it all the time. I'm glad she looks to be handling it explicitly.

On a lighter note, the thumbnail gave me some straight up La Isla face. :wow:

shklTje.jpg

IkM0eCa.png

16 minutes ago, MadFan said:

OMG! I am SHOOK.

It's all very smart and meta isn't it? She'll be dancing to her own song about gun control and then a shooting will take place (probably).

exactly. she has nothing to lose.Ā 

I am amazed again how brave this will be. The revenge of American Life video. Not worried at all about the general public's backlash. They already do it no matter what she does.

21 minutes ago, MadFan said:

OMG! I am SHOOK.

Ā 

Amen

2 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

deeper and deeper vibesĀ 

Yes although looks like it takes a dark turn. Reference to the pulse club shootings, I assume but I've not read the last seven pages!

OMG! This is exactly what sets M apart from all the others.Ā There's no way she doesn't expect backlash, and pro-Gun Americans will come for her hard, I'm sure. Still,Ā sheĀ pushesĀ ahead and puts her money where her mouth is. There's no one else like her. No one.

This era is truly one forĀ the ages and an absolute creative peak in her career. Amazing concepts, incredible visuals, and breathtaking music.

I don't think she has much to lose. I mean, radio already don'tĀ play her. We fans don't give a shit about critics. I applaud her for doing this, hopefully it's gonna go over well.

Some people say that there is already a dictatorship in place, but we don't know about it because americans have guns. If we take away the guns, they're gonna have the freedom to take away other rights. That's the rhetoric anyway. Let's see what happens.

I don't have guns, and I never had them, so I'm not part of this conversation. Just watching it from the side and hoping for the best.

I honestly love her for this. Ā Sheā€™s chosen controversy and provocation her whole career but this isnā€™t just putting some burning crosses on a lawn, kissing a black saint or saying fuck on Letterman a bunch times just to rile people up. Ā This is serious commentary about a fucked up society (America) that chooses guns over the publicā€™s safety over and over again. Ā Clearly itā€™s an issue she cares about deeply and sheā€™s using her platform and her art to try to affect change. Ā How brave andĀ fucking badass!!Ā  And all to a delicious pulsing disco beat! šŸ¤—

1 hour ago, systemvalues said:

People are not so naif, they already know she's a good human being. šŸ™‚

Not so sure about that. I'm referring to a lot of the GP not her fans here.

25 minutes ago, MadFan said:

On a lighter note, the thumbnail gave me some straight up La Isla face. :wow:

shklTje.jpg

IkM0eCa.png

Yeah, kind of. Good catch.

4 minutes ago, Sjewell88 said:

I honestly love her for this. Ā Sheā€™s chosen controversy and provocation her whole career but this isnā€™t just putting some burning crosses on a lawn, kissing a black saint or saying fuck on Letterman a bunch times just to rile people up. Ā This is serious commentary about a fucked up society (America) that chooses guns over the publicā€™s safety over and over again. Ā Clearly itā€™s an issue she cares about deeply and sheā€™s using her platform and her art to try to affect change. Ā How brave andĀ fucking badass!!Ā  And all to a delicious pulsing disco beat! šŸ¤—

this was a serious commentary about a fucked up society (america) with a long history of racism that hasn't improved much in the lastĀ 30 years.Ā 

One thoughtĀ I keep coming to is that I'm pretty convinced M wanted to release God Control as the first single, and Interscope pushed against it, and that's why we got Medellin as the beginning of Madame X's journey.

My reasoning for this is that God Control was the first video shot back in February. Then when the rumours about Eurovision started to spread, there were repeated mentions that Eurovision were not in agreement with the performance of one of the songs, which they said was political and controversial. And then, we got Future. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

All of this leads me to believe that we got Medellin (single), I Rise (promo), Crave (single), Future (promo) and Dark Ballet (promo) as part of the release strategy because: 1)Ā there's nothing controversial about any of the songs;Ā 2) the features might appeal to different segments of the market; 3) and each of these songs showcaseĀ the diversity and experimental nature of the record.

I think the era has been faultless, and I have loved every single thing, but can't help wonder how it would have started if we got God Control as the first single.

7 minutes ago, Elysium said:

Not so sure about that. I'm referring to a lot of the GP not her fans here.

I'm also referring to the GP. Of course it's a controversial theme, but at the end of the day a gun can't assure you to be safe if crazy people have also a weapon.Ā 

And we still have lot of other visuals to be released. There's a least a video for Batuka, and another video she recently mentioned, shot by Nuno Xico, which explains Madame X's narrative in detail and the link between each of the songs -- it will most likely be from this shoot, which is one of the first things we saw fromĀ this era:

Ā 

Just now, systemvalues said:

I'm also referring to the GP. Of course itƬs a controversial theme, but at the end of the day a gun can't assure you to be safe if crazy people have also a weapon.Ā 

I think you're a little confused. I'm not talking about guns here. I'm talking about Madonna.

2 minutes ago, headonfire said:

And we still have lot of other visuals to be released. There's a least a video for Batuka, and another video she recently mentioned, shot by Nuno Xico, which explains Madame X's narrative in detail and the link between each of the songs -- it will most likely be from this shoot, which is one of the first things we saw fromĀ this era:

Ā 

Very exciting! Imagine if she were to make a video for every track on Madame X?! I'd feel like I died and went to heaven!šŸ˜±

4 minutes ago, Elysium said:

I think you're a little confused. I'm not talking about guns here. I'm talking about Madonna.

I thought you were talking about a possible backlash after the release of the video coming from the GP.