God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

1 minute ago, Drowned World said:

This is exciting news, but have to say I'm nervous about it, this won't be a typical hands in the air feelgood disco video, it's going to have a dark message, but one that's necessary.

Agreed! I’m excited but how excited can I be about a music video that features a mass shooting? But like you said, it’s extremely important and a conversation that actually needs to happen here in the US. I applaud her and for using her voice to speak about this. 

On 6/17/2019 at 9:43 PM, TXIII said:

Agreed! I’m excited but how excited can I be about a music video that features a mass shooting? But like you said, it’s extremely important and a conversation that actually needs to happen here in the US. I applaud her and for using her voice to speak about this. 

👍

12 minutes ago, XXL said:

:lol2:

Making a great point here when guesting on Letterman in 1986, she pointed out that he should compare her to a female and not say she's the Italian Johnny Carson or Ed Sullivan, in fact she adds "I'm just me, no need to compare to anyone period". 

Wow I didn't know that Raffaella was a guest on Letterman (I knew about Maurizio Costanzo). I love how she puts him in his place (like Madonna lol). She is truly an icon. She is such a lovely, professional and talented lady. Our tv shows were so good in the 80s..

16 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Lol @ people complaining about a violent video. Song is called God Control and talks about gun regulations. What did you expect? The Teletubbies and Spongebob Squarepants talking about guns?

Jesus...

:chuckle:  👍

Some people can be really obnoxious, obtuse and hypocritical to the core

8 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Wow I didn't know that Raffaella was a guest on Letterman (I knew about Maurizio Costanzo). I love how she puts him in his place (like Madonna lol). She is truly an icon. She is such a lovely, professional and talented lady. Our tv shows were so good in the 80s..

I never knew or even slightly suspected she was ever featured on a North American talk show myself, she was a huge star in South America but a virtually unknown in the US

She was great with that quip, it kind of reinforces everything that Madonna Letterman 94 was truly all about .....

And I don't care if Letterman is an institution. Anyway, back to GC, bring it all on Madame X, whether the disco look in the video was inspired by Raffaella or otherwise

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

Deeper and Deeper 2!!! 

I'm dead!!!! I can't wait any longer!!!!! 

Crave video premiere happened on Wed right?

I‘m crying. This is the video I was waiting for. She looks FABULOUS! It’s going to shock and M just doesn’t give a shit. She’s not playing around this time. I love her. I love Madame X.

15 minutes ago, XXL said:

I never knew or even slightly suspected she was ever featured on a North American talk show myself, she was a huge star in South America but a virtually unknown in the US

She was great with that quip, it kind of reinforces everything that Madonna Letterman 94 was truly all about .....

And I don't care if Letterman is an institution. Anyway, back to GC, bring it all on Madame X, whether the disco look in the video was inspired by Raffaella or otherwise

Michelle Pfeiffer is clearly the inspiration but for us italians it's impossible not to think about "la Raffa" with that look.:chuckle: And oh yes, sometimes Letterman is a moron and needs to be put in his place.

As I continue to read this thread I read it with tears in my eyes because there was just a shooting in Downtown Seattle, about 10 minutes walking from where I live. This is disgusting and we do need gun control. No one should be subjected to this. Thank you, Madonna for using your voice to help bring light to this dark place.

3 minutes ago, kubi said:

As I continue to read this thread I read it with tears in my eyes because there was just a shooting in Downtown Seattle, about 10 minutes walking from where I live. This is disgusting and we do need gun control. No one should be subjected to this. Thank you, Madonna for using your voice to help bring light to this dark place.

So sorry to know that, I'm with you.

1 minute ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Michelle Pfeiffer is clearly the inspiration but for us italians it's impossible not to think about "la Raffa" with that look.:chuckle:

Oh right, Scarface  :lol:

Yes, it's impossible for the Italians not to notice some similarities, from the past too. Tuca Tuca MDNA Tour springs to mind as the most recent example

Already love the concept behind the video, and the song is a mini work of art, couldn't be happier at all the promo that's been unfurling before our eyes and ears for the past couple of months

What a tireless creator she is

The woman is an angel on this earth and it's a shame most people won't realise until she's gone. Love her so much!

Can't wait for God Control! Her look and her attitude are perfect judging by the clips!

I’m so surprised! I’ve been wingeing about not having a visual album and I feel like that is exactly what we are getting! (Partially) but still massively exciting.  Can’t wait to watch the full video! 

7 minutes ago, kubi said:

Sorry to hear about this

I applaud Madonna too for continuing to fearlessly challenge society and for instigating an open debate on the issues that truly matter

1 minute ago, ricardoanaya1102 said:

I can’t believe she’s releasing this! It gives me Deeper And Deeper vibes! So excited. Any idea when it’s out? My guess is this Friday or Thursday

my guess is next week. 

5 minutes ago, Elysium said:

The woman is an angel on this earth and it's a shame most people won't realise until she's gone

People are not so naif, they already know she's a good human being. 🙂