God Control video - OUT NOW!!!

So many emotions. I'm getting deeper and deeper and confessions vibes. It looks like in her IG in the Disco seen she gets hurt. I don't wanna see that.

DO WE CARE ABOUT WHAT THE GP THINK ABOUT THIS? NO.

DO WE WANT A VIDEO WHERE MADONNA IS PUSHING BUTTONS AGAIN!? FELL THE FUCKING YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm so proud of you, Madonna :wow:

5 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I wonder what people thought of the American life video at the time? I just remember the anger reading in a topic that said "madonna pulled the American life video" (and I kept thinking "what does 'pulled' mean"? :p)

But did people love it at the time? I remember they showed it on canvas/pretty big "serious" main tv channel here. in full. on a serious politics show. even after they took it back that channel was still showing repeats during the night over and over again which was pretty funny.

At the time (I admit I was only 16 years old), she seemed like she got more backlash for yanking the video than for the actual video itself. I distinctly remember her having to constantly go on the defensive for that choice. People were used to far more boldness from her, and there was confusion about why she backed off. The video went through a million edits.

Madonna had cold feet. She was very different back then. And very married. We've seen what has happened since. 

5 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

Who cares about backlash? She’s had more shit thrown at her than probably any other artist in pop history. And she survived it all. I say bring it. 

YES! Exactly.

Wow, this is giving me D&D vibes but obviously it will have a whole other spin on it. Her styling is drop dead gorgeous, and already judging by these clips, one of her best ever in this decade.

As for the ending - well, looks like she's opening Pandora's box with this vid anyway so yeah, I hope she will just go all out with this topic. Bring on the shock value! (And yeah now it's clear why they didn't use this for the album launch)

9 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I wonder what people thought of the American life video at the time? I just remember the anger reading in a topic that said "madonna pulled the American life video" (and I kept thinking "what does 'pulled' mean"? :p)

But did people love it at the time? I remember they showed it on canvas/pretty big "serious" main tv channel here. in full. on a serious politics show. even after they took it back that channel was still showing repeats during the night over and over again which was pretty funny.

The US was still in a state of hyper-sensitivity post 9-11. The line suggesting that she was unpatriotic spread like wildfire even though few people from the GP actually saw the video since it was removed from the air immediately. As for them, the liberals have reproached her lacked of courage in withdrawing the video.

This is gonna be epic in all possible ways, another page in the book of history and she's once again the one writing it! 

So proud of you, Madame X! 

....plus she's doing all this with one of her best songs as a soundtrack! God Control is gold!

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
Just now, juliebean said:

So many emotions. I'm getting deeper and deeper and confessions vibes. It looks like in her IG in the Disco seen she gets hurt. I don't wanna see that.

I"m assuming that there is a story line going on here where people are going out clubbing and then end up getting shot.  I'm sure she's going for a huge statement here.  Which I'm sure the U.S. will totally flip their lids over, especially those gun toting conservatives.  Especially if she keeps saying "Guns should be illegal".  

Looks like another epic video.  And that first part when she is narrating seem to reinforce this might be part of a longer film (?documentary/visual album).  

I just hope the SJW won't start accusing her of capitalizing on the Pulse shootings, especially during Pride month.   I say let this album have a full week first before releasing something controversial.  

3 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I"m assuming that there is a story line going on here where people are going out clubbing and then end up getting shot.  I'm sure she's going for a huge statement here.  Which I'm sure the U.S. will totally flip their lids over, especially those gun toting conservatives.  Especially if she keeps saying "Guns should be illegal".  

yea. it seems that way i'm glad she's doing this! I don't see any other musician's going there.

I had a feeling this might have references to Pulse etc. 

Especially considering it’s specifically about gun control and the inspiration was “Scarface”. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d07f2b73945355332

3 minutes ago, Animal Instinct said:

Is that Sofia Boutella at the end?

I was writing the same and I think she is.

She looks incredible, especially in the blond bangs. I fear so much for her sometimes but I understand and see why she is so fearless...someone has to be. That said, I hope the tour is fucking secured. I always am nervous when she's on a stage...the crazies with guns are crazy.