God Control or I Don't Search I Find?

God Control or I Don't Search I Find?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. God Control or I Don't Search I Find?

• God Control
    • I Don't Search I Find

The disco stompers of the album, and two of the big fan favourites so far. Which are you LOVING more? :wow:

I'm not putting a Both option because we'd all pick it.

tumblr_onhu1oZi8x1vwbwc9o1_400.gif

as much as i enjoy "i don't search i find," "god control" is more original and innovative. i love hearing the 90s vibe, but i could just as easily go listen to erotica. "god control" sounds like nothing she's ever done before.

Edited by bardo

IDSIF gets my vote. Lyrics are pure Madonna, obviously the 90's feel instantly grabs me. I really feel like a kid in the early 90's again when I listen to this. Madame X is also Dita apparently! I even hear a touch of the 80's Madonna voice at the end when she sings "finally enough love..." the last couple of times. Love how the song sort of pulses along...it's smooth and soothing but you can still dance to it.

BUT

GC is a piece of art. One of the most unique songs she's ever done and catchy af!! One of my faves on album. 

God Control for the win! Fresh & unique sounding. Never been done by Madonna. Though I Dont Search Find is a nice track, i find it a lil bit of a rehash of her early 90s house music. 

53 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Both amazing and equally great, but I'll give my vote to the most creative and original one, so: God Control.

I don't know how you can say God Control is more original. It has a very traditional, well-tested disco groove. Im not knocking it, I love the track, but...

3 minutes ago, Sloane said:

I don't know how you can say God Control is more original. It has a very traditional, well-tested disco groove. Im not knocking it, I love the track, but...

The entire song goes into so many different directions vocally, stylistically and musically...it’s absolutely insane. Even within the disco element. 

2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

The entire song goes into so many different directions vocally, stylistically and musically...it’s absolutely insane. Even within the disco element. 

Very true. Im just feeling protective of IDSIF right now. It's my fave.

God Control my pick....the mumbling (ode to Tranet), the church choir, and the Disco/funk beat.  I Don't Search I Find a throwback of early 90's M with a modern twist.

I don’t search I find, because generally I find Madonna best when it’s a simple song that has the Madonna flavor. But I can’t deny God Control is also great. 

IDSIF I love it, it catches you up from the start, too bad it feels like an interlude, I wish we could have remixes from it.

God control is great but it should have been a single song without the first 90 seconds of gospel and the last 20 seconds of infinite ‘Wake up’s

I don't like God Control. Probably the only song I do not like on the album. So my vote goes for I don't search I find.

I don't search i find is the only song on the album that I really don't like. To me it's so boring and I don't feel it fits in. Can't understand the hysteria at all. 

5 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

IDSIF gets my vote. Lyrics are pure Madonna, obviously the 90's feel instantly grabs me. I really feel like a kid in the early 90's again when I listen to this. Madame X is also Dita apparently! I even hear a touch of the 80's Madonna voice at the end when she sings "finally enough love..." the last couple of times. Love how the song sort of pulses along...it's smooth and soothing but you can still dance to it.

BUT

GC is a piece of art. One of the most unique songs she's ever done and catchy af!! One of my faves on album. 

That's how I feel too.

For repeat listens IDSIF gets my vote, smooth and soothing is a great way to describe it and I know it'll find its way into all my future playlists.

It's only right for "I Don't Search I Find" to be "monotonous", similar to "Waiting" that is exactly its appeal, it's not intended to be a traditional big dance song, but a slick cool house jam. Wise fans know of course