Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

Everything about this record is so perfect.  I was initially worried by the reports that there was no consistent sound, and some of the collabs were questionable to me - but what im struck by is how solid it is as an album experience. It draws on various world music, but there is an atmospheric vibe to the record which i feel has been missing from her work since Confessions (possibly Hard Candy, but i dont think it necessarily worked on that record).

God Control wasn't what i expected, it felt disjointed on first listen, but now i cant stop listening. Killers similarly was not what i was expecting, but i love it. i don't find the lyrics cringey at all - quite the opposite, i think the whole track is beautiful.

Batuka is incredible. Those dramatic synths from Mirwais are everything, and the string outro is just mind blowing. 

I think Crazy and Come Alive were the unexpected highlights for me. As has been said Come Alive is Body Shop on steroids (and i loooooved body shop). That finial minute of Come Alive is as incredible an outro to a madonna song as i've heard.

Every song has something of quality in it for me. My main criticism is that i really dont think Faz Gostoso and Bitch Im Loca should have made the main album. They are good songs, but one is a pretty faithful cover version (although i do admit its a great track), the other doesnt really go anywhere, nor fit on the record. Had she gone straight from Extreme Occident to I don't Search I Find, it would have flowed much better, and made the album a solid 10/10 for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's a follow up album those will be the dance songs with Mirwais magic. I doubt it though. This album has so many beautiful songs and it's to stay for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All, don't forget to RATE the album wherever you bought it!

I did iTunes and Amazon all formats since I went crazy and bought all formats. 🙂

Most important one is to go to Metacritic site and create a user ID and leave a USER review. Currently it is the best reviewed album of the year by User Score!!!

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna?recent-sort=userscore

Madame X reviews.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know what 2 say after this weekend.

Except: I rate Madame X 9.5/10

It's a very brave album in the way that Erotica was, and I already feel connected to it
in the same way, except i'm no longer a teenager :chuckle:

It's an absolute career highlight and not her best since whatever... .

I'm still quite shocked actually.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Dark Ballet was the album opener and Medellin came after Batuka.

Wish BIL was on the bonus tracks cd, i cant get into it, no matter how hard I try.  On the other hand Funana or Ciao Bella could have followed after Faz Gostoso.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love the album. however, I think it'd be in love with the album if there were a few more raw/clear vocals thrown in there. It's obviously a creative choice, but I'd have preferred a few of those moments (especially on I Don't Search I Find)

3 hours ago, Kilt said:

I wish Dark Ballet was the album opener and Medellin came after Batuka.

Wish BIL was on the bonus tracks cd, i cant get into it, no matter how hard I try.  On the other hand Funana or Ciao Bella could have followed after Faz Gostoso.

That, too.

But the vision, the concept, the production alone are brilliant and I couldn't be prouder of our girl. I think the tour will be her most creative and sonically beautiful (and interesting) since.. maybe the girlie show. And I can't wait for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crozzauk said:

Everything about this record is so perfect.  I was initially worried by the reports that there was no consistent sound, and some of the collabs were questionable to me - but what im struck by is how solid it is as an album experience. It draws on various world music, but there is an atmospheric vibe to the record which i feel has been missing from her work since Confessions (possibly Hard Candy, but i dont think it necessarily worked on that record).

God Control wasn't what i expected, it felt disjointed on first listen, but now i cant stop listening. Killers similarly was not what i was expecting, but i love it. i don't find the lyrics cringey at all - quite the opposite, i think the whole track is beautiful.

Batuka is incredible. Those dramatic synths from Mirwais are everything, and the string outro is just mind blowing. 

I think Crazy and Come Alive were the unexpected highlights for me. As has been said Come Alive is Body Shop on steroids (and i loooooved body shop). That finial minute of Come Alive is as incredible an outro to a madonna song as i've heard.

Every song has something of quality in it for me. My main criticism is that i really dont think Faz Gostoso and Bitch Im Loca should have made the main album. They are good songs, but one is a pretty faithful cover version (although i do admit its a great track), the other doesnt really go anywhere, nor fit on the record. Had she gone straight from Extreme Occident to I don't Search I Find, it would have flowed much better, and made the album a solid 10/10 for me.

I couldn't agree with this more. They be great bonus tracks tacked on a deluxe version, but the album has a much stronger flow without them in the middle there. I created a playlist without them (and "Future," which is the only song I actually don't like on the album) and it's just perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Love this. Especially his reactions to: God Control, Bitch I’m Loca, I Don’t Search I Find, Looking for Mercy...

 

 

I love that he stops cold during "God Control" and is just like "WTF is happening?" I think we all had this moment during this full-on life experience of a track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, material_boy said:

I couldn't agree with this more. They be great bonus tracks tacked on a deluxe version, but the album has a much stronger flow without them in the middle there. I created a playlist without them (and "Future," which is the only song I actually don't like on the album) and it's just perfect.

those are my three least favorites too. i like "bitch i'm loca" best of the three, but it doesn't quite fit the album's tone and feels like a bonus track to me. i would swap it out with "ciao bella," which would flow really well into "i don't search i find."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, acko said:

I really don't know what 2 say after this weekend.

Except: I rate Madame X 9.5/10

It's a very brave album in the way that Erotica was, and I already feel connected to it
in the same way, except i'm no longer a teenager :chuckle:

It's an absolute career highlight and not her best since whatever... .

I'm still quite shocked actually.

 

I feel the same exact way. Honestly.  It’s an experience similar to Ray of Light.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, acko said:

I really don't know what 2 say after this weekend.

Except: I rate Madame X 9.5/10

It's a very brave album in the way that Erotica was, and I already feel connected to it
in the same way, except i'm no longer a teenager :chuckle:

It's an absolute career highlight and not her best since whatever... .

I'm still quite shocked actually.

 

Yep. Exactly how I feel

Link to post
Share on other sites

let's help Madonna!!

 

Madonna and Bruce Springsteen battling for No. 1 in the UK

It’s a battle between Madonna and Bruce Springsteen on this week’s UK Official Albums Chart.

New albums by Madonna and Bruce Springsteen go head to head for the Number 1 spot. 

But Bruce Springsteen‘s Western Stars currently leads the way over Madonna‘s  Madame X by just shy of 16,000 combined sales on the latest Official Chart Update.

  1. Bruce Springsteen – Western Stars (36,511) 
  2. Madonna – Madame X (20,621)
  3. Bastille – Doom Days (11,743)
  4. Lewis Capaldi – Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish

Apparently, streamings data are better for Madonna.

It is very important that not only you buy the album, but that you keep on streaming it on every online platform.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Amelia said:

OMFG!!!  The video looks epic!!  WOW! 

I am surprised how much of the video she is showing, it must be coming very soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I am surprised how much of the video she is showing, it must be coming very soon.

It looks like a combination of the video and behind the scenes footage. She did the same for Medellin before the video was released. In fact, Crave has a lengthy preview too.  That's the least of my surprise here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From hitsdailydouble.com:

MADONNA, BRUCE HEADED FOR TOP DEBUTS (UPDATED)

All indicators point to a #1 debut for Madonna on this week's HITS Top 50. With a ticket bundle and D2C offerings fueling half of the opening total, expect Madame X to give Madge her first #1 since 2012's MDNA.

(UPDATED) Early reads:

Madonna (Live Nation/Maverick/Interscope) 90-100k total activity, 85-95k album
Bruce Springsteen (Columbia) 55-60k, 50-55k

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alquemist said:

Thank you. Great Interview

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Nikki said:

:inlove:

 

:wow: Those sunglasses give me early 90's vibes.

As for me, I (finally) just listened to this baby for the 2nd time. I've been ridiculously slow in the listening department, but I definitely enjoyed this 2nd run-through a lot more - reading the lyrics helps! On 1st listen, the album didn't click with me and I was all sorts of confused once it was over :laugh: 

For those who are in the same boat, give it plenty of time...

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion Faz Gustoso and Bitch I’m loca are the highlights of the album.  Those who are not liking them are most likely the older Madonna fans who hated holy water and the iconic bitch I’m Madonna.  If your 70 I mean u can’t really get into these type of bangers - listen to extreme accident and have that Metamucil and stop bitching how they don’t fit. Obviously Madonna thinks they fit perfectly. Which they do ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...